PDA

View Full Version : No Changes Please

tatersalad
11-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Keep Maroone, keep cordinators and ride this we have switched coaches, GMs, and systems more times than just about every oother NFL team.. It also goes to show no matter how good of a core you have it all falls on a QB in this league we havent had one since #12.
So keep growing in this system and find a QB only way we get rid of this god awful play off drought

Novacane
11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
The problem isn't changing coach's and GMs. It's changing from a bad one to another bad one. I hope Pegula cleans house.

EDS
11-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I vote total house cleaning.

X-Era
11-14-2014, 02:25 PM
I argued that changing a mediocre HC for another mediocre HC is a waste and accomplishes nothing. However, if canning Marrone means landing Cowher then do it.

But don't can Marrone if were just going to sign the next mediocre HC.

YardRat
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
I want Pat Morris gone and an offensive consultant brought in to help Hackett, at the very minimum.

Buffalogic
11-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Cut Marrone, Hackett. Keep Whaley, Schwartz.

Hire Cower. Hire a real OC

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2014, 06:06 PM
I argued that changing a mediocre HC for another mediocre HC is a waste and accomplishes nothing. However, if canning Marrone means landing Cowher then do it.

But don't can Marrone if were just going to sign the next mediocre HC.yup

YardRat
11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Cut Marrone, Hackett. Keep Whaley, Schwartz.

Hire Cower. Hire a real OC

There is no way Schwartz stays if Cowher, or anybody else for that matter, is brought in.

Mace
11-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Nothing to do right now though. Ride it out, hire a really good consultant, and the offseason is not so far away.

paladin warrior
11-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I don't get it . Eagle hired Chip Kelly . Chip Kelly is way better then Marrone- and Chip Kelly is smarter,intelligence then Marrone-. Buffalo Bills should have hire Chip Kelly . I think Ralph can't afford him.

sudzy
11-15-2014, 05:38 AM
Keep Maroone, keep cordinators and ride this we have switched coaches, GMs, and systems more times than just about every oother NFL team.. It also goes to show no matter how good of a core you have it all falls on a QB in this league we havent had one since #12.
So keep growing in this system and find a QB only way we get rid of this god awful play off drought

Playing for the 1st overall pick in 2016? Is the next Andrew Luck coming out that year? Because if he's not, then I'm on board with firing everyone now.

coastal
11-15-2014, 06:43 AM
#embracethetank

Fletch
11-15-2014, 08:50 AM

But don't can Marrone if were just going to sign the next mediocre HC.

Be careful what you wish for in Cowher. He's overrated. I think it's time to cut ties with anything Pittsburgh related. We've had so many problems from Pittsburgh related things that even the thought is annoying.

better days
11-15-2014, 10:06 AM
There is no way Schwartz stays if Cowher, or anybody else for that matter, is brought in.

I think Schwartz stays if an Offensive HC is brought in.

If it is a Defensive Coach like Cowher or Wade, then Schwartz most likely leaves.

Albany,n.y.
11-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Here's why you clean house: In recent years the Bills haven't been able to hire top notch management and have settled for mediocrity from the GM, scouts & coaches down because of one thing-uncertainty about the future of the franchise. If your a top level guy, why would you come here not knowing who your future boss will be and whether you are of the same mindset on how to run the franchise. Just look at Bill Parcells in NE when Kraft came in-he wanted out because he didn't agree with the way Kraft wanted to run things. So, as a result, the Bills have been unable to hire any top notch people.

If you are happy with the mediocrity caused by the lack of ability to hire the best of the best, then go ahead and keep Whaley, the scouts and Marrone, but if you want to win a championship then you want better management. Pegula has the resources to hire the best and now has the guarantee of long term stability, something this franchise, especially after Ralph gave up control to Brandon, hasn't had in years.

better days
11-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Here's why you clean house: In recent years the Bills haven't been able to hire top notch management and have settled for mediocrity from the GM, scouts & coaches down because of one thing-uncertainty about the future of the franchise. If your a top level guy, why would you come here not knowing who your future boss will be and whether you are of the same mindset on how to run the franchise. Just look at Bill Parcells in NE when Kraft came in-he wanted out because he didn't agree with the way Kraft wanted to run things. So, as a result, the Bills have been unable to hire any top notch people.

If you are happy with the mediocrity caused by the lack of ability to hire the best of the best, then go ahead and keep Whaley, the scouts and Marrone, but if you want to win a championship then you want better management. Pegula has the resources to hire the best and now has the guarantee of long term stability, something this franchise, especially after Ralph gave up control to Brandon, hasn't had in years.

The scouting department has recently been expanded & upgraded.

I am happy with the job they are doing.

And for those not happy with Whaley, just look at the Jets & John Idzik.

IMO, Whaley is a much better GM than Idzik who took over for the Jets the same time Whaley took over as GM of the Bills.

The Jets are a hot mess. A QB situation that looks no better than the Bills, a HC on the HOT SEAT with Rex likely to be fired.

And the Jets are a team with much less talent than the Bills have.

It is no more easy to find a GREAT GM than it is to find a GREAT HC.

OpIv37
11-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Promote Schwartz to HC and bring in an OC who knows how to actually run an offense.

The constant turnover is exhausting but we were never going to win with Gailey, Jauron, Mularkey or Williams and we aren't going to win with Marrone. The problem isn't firing people. It's hiring the wrong person to start with.

Albany,n.y.
11-15-2014, 10:48 AM
The scouting department has recently been expanded & upgraded.

I am happy with the job they are doing.

And for those not happy with Whaley, just look at the Jets & John Idzik.

IMO, Whaley is a much better GM than Idzik who took over for the Jets the same time Whaley took over as GM of the Bills.

The Jets are a hot mess. A QB situation that looks no better than the Bills, a HC on the HOT SEAT with Rex likely to be fired.

And the Jets are a team with much less talent than the Bills have.

It is no more easy to find a GREAT GM than it is to find a GREAT HC.
Are they the same scouts who couldn't see that there were other WRs who were close enough to Watkins not to surrender this year's 1st pick? The ones who pushed Whaley to draft Kouandjo in the 2nd round? Is there a QB guru recently hired? Because in recent years the Bills scouts haven't been able to correctly judge any of the QB talent coming out in the draft, either putting lower round grades on top prospects so that the Bills missed out on some good ones while ending up with EJ.

Idzik is a joke. Just because the Jets made a horrible choice, what does that have to do with who the Bills would choose, especially if the choice is recommended by the (rumored) consultant.

The best way not to have a great GM was to promote that boob Buddy Nix's hand picked choice of successors.

better days
11-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Are they the same scouts who couldn't see that there were other WRs who were close enough to Watkins not to surrender this year's 1st pick? The ones who pushed Whaley to draft Kouandjo in the 2nd round? Is there a QB guru recently hired? Because in recent years the Bills scouts haven't been able to correctly judge any of the QB talent coming out in the draft, either putting lower round grades on top prospects so that the Bills missed out on some good ones while ending up with EJ.

Idzik is a joke. Just because the Jets made a horrible choice, what does that have to do with who the Bills would choose, especially if the choice is recommended by the (rumored) consultant.

The best way not to have a great GM was to promote that boob Buddy Nix's hand picked choice of successors.

Like I said, it is not easy to find a GREAT GM any more than it is a GREAT HC.

If the Bills fire Whaley, the next GM could be worse than Whaley was just as Idzik is worse than the GM he replaced.

And lets wait another year or two before judging the last draft.

Dr. Who
11-15-2014, 11:03 AM

If the Bills fire Whaley, the next GM could be worse than Whaley was just as Idzik is worse than the GM he replaced.

I like Whaley. Besides, it pisses off Fletch.

swiper
11-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Most of the Jets problems stem from Woody Johnson.

swiper
11-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I think Schwartz stays if an Offensive HC is brought in.

If it is a Defensive Coach like Cowher or Wade, then Schwartz most likely leaves.

Bills fans see things through Bills fan eyes. Schwartz is here re-affirming his defensive prowess. If he is not offered the HC job here when Marrone is asked to leave, he will have plenty of offers to go to better places than the organization at OBD. He is far, far from a lock to stay unless he is offered a HC position here. He will get them elsewhere.

How do you think he'd look in Oakland where they have a QB of the future in place?

Mace
11-15-2014, 07:14 PM
I don't get it . Eagle hired Chip Kelly . Chip Kelly is way better then Marrone- and Chip Kelly is smarter,intelligence then Marrone-. Buffalo Bills should have hire Chip Kelly . I think Ralph can't afford him.

You can spend money well or poorly. Marrone was just another bad choice, who seemed he might be a good choice, but was not. it is the same as always here.

Mace
11-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Bills fans see things through Bills fan eyes. Schwartz is here re-affirming his defensive prowess. If he is not offered the HC job here when Marrone is asked to leave, he will have plenty of offers to go to better places than the organization at OBD. He is far, far from a lock to stay unless he is offered a HC position here. He will get them elsewhere.

How do you think he'd look in Oakland where they have a QB of the future in place?

Probably worse than in Buffalo honestly. Here atm, he basically has personnel to make him look better another year and drive up his price. Give him assistant HC, a modest raise, and I think he knows when his payday is a coming.

YardRat
11-15-2014, 07:26 PM

I agree...if the position opens up, and he doesn't get it, he is gone.

TakingItuptheChin
11-15-2014, 08:22 PM
I like Bills to hire that college coach who always go for it on 4th down. He never believes in punting, LOL. Dunno his name though...

swiper
11-15-2014, 08:32 PM
I agree...if the position opens up, and he doesn't get it, he is gone.

It's a given.

better days
11-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Most of the Jets problems stem from Woody Johnson.

NO they don't.

The Jets secondary is decimated because of Idzik.

He also got rid of Sanchez who is playing well in Philly.

swiper
11-15-2014, 10:22 PM
NO they don't.

The Jets secondary is decimated because of Idzik.

He also got rid of Sanchez who is playing well in Philly.

Listen. I live in the greater NYC area. I have to listen to this crap every day. Johnson is behind a lot of the major decisions.

Decision to keep Ryan when the fans wanted him fired. He brought in Idzik to be his puppet. Tannenbaum has talked about some of this.

The Jets fans wanted Sanchez gone more than Bills fans wanted Fitzpatrick gone.

Woody was the one that wanted Tim Tebow and let Stanton get away.

Woody and Rex are much more to blame than Idzik. Idzik hasn't been around long enough. Although he's definitely also leaving a bad mark on the team as well.

He drafted Dee Milliner to replace Revis in much the same manner that Whaley drafted Manuel to replace Fitzpatrick. If you think Idzik sucks, the Whaley sucks too. Because Whaley's was a bigger whiff.

better days
11-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Listen. I live in the greater NYC area. I have to listen to this crap every day. Johnson is behind a lot of the major decisions.

Decision to keep Ryan when the fans wanted him fired. He brought in Idzik to be his puppet. Tannenbaum has talked about some of this.

The Jets fans wanted Sanchez gone more than Bills fans wanted Fitzpatrick gone.

Woody was the one that wanted Tim Tebow and let Stanton get away.

Woody and Rex are much more to blame than Idzik. Idzik hasn't been around long enough. Although he's definitely also leaving a bad mark on the team as well.

He drafted Dee Milliner to replace Revis in much the same manner that Whaley drafted Manuel to replace Fitzpatrick. If you think Idzik sucks, the Whaley sucks too. Because Whaley's was a bigger whiff.

Look at the rest of Whaleys draft if you want to call it his draft...which it really wasn't.

Kiko alone more than makes up for EJ. He is a HIGH first rnd talent, IMPACT player.

And Rex's hands are tied with no secondary to speak of, that is the fault of Idzik.