PDA

View Full Version : My vote for next HC is....

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Jim Harbaugh. He's not working out in SF and I think if Pegula backs up the money truck, he'd come. I want a coach with FIRE, which we haven't had since...oh...never. (all props to Marv, but there are very few like him, and he was fortunate to have all the pieces in place) Jim got his team to the SB and lost, so he'll have a chip on his shoulder to get back to it and win.

C'mon Terry, make it happen.

Night Train
11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Seems to have the personality of a college coach. Too much locker room drama in SF.

Why are they thinking of firing him if he's so great ? Is it because he's unstable and a bonafide loon ?

Did he take too many hits to the head while playing QB ?

Talented but I doubt they'd even consider him. If memory served me right, they called him while at Stanford and he said no to an interview.

Typ0
11-15-2014, 06:36 PM
my only criteria for a coach is someone who shows up on gameday to let the guys he (or she) has on the squad play football. I am so tired of these over thinking douchebags who play not to lose.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I hate Jim Harbaugh with a passion. Looks like a spoiled baby on the sidelines when things don't go his way. He wouldn't come here anyway without a decent quarterback in place, IMO.

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2014, 06:59 PM
I know he's not perfect by any means, but given the potential choices, I think he'd be the best to take a shot on. Just once I'd like to see an HC on the Bills sidelines that looks like he's engaged with the game and the players, and not just spectating. But, it'd take a Brinks truck to get him here so probably not gonna happen.

Otherwise, I'd vote for some up and coming OC/DC (insert names here) I do NOT want a lame duck HC retread. We've tried that several times already and it hasn't worked. We've tried the college coach route now and that's a been a bust, so again, let's see them try something new. Get a firebrand in there that has passion (even if he's a little bat**** crazy) and has had success, essentially the polar opposite of Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey.

SpikedLemonade
11-15-2014, 07:11 PM
If memory served me right, they called him while at Stanford and he said no to an interview.

The whole they will have/has changed under this scenario including our owner.

I would take him.

The first step is to hire a new GM.

You can't have a strong experienced NFL coach with Whaley as the GM -- they would ***** slap him.

SpikedLemonade
11-15-2014, 07:13 PM
I hate Jim Harbaugh with a passion. Looks like a spoiled baby on the sidelines when things don't go his way. He wouldn't come here anyway without a decent quarterback in place, IMO.

He had a struggling Alex Smith when he arrived at SF.

YardRat
11-15-2014, 07:28 PM
**** Harbaugh, he's a douchebag and I want nothing to do with him.

Buffalogic
11-15-2014, 07:51 PM
I hate him more than anyone now, but if the bills got him I'd be a lot more forgiving of his douchebaggery

TakingItuptheChin
11-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Rex Ryan would be the ideal coach for this team.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd rather have Rex Ryan over Jim Harbaugh.

swiper
11-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Seems to have the personality of a college coach. Too much locker room drama in SF.

Why are they thinking of firing him if he's so great ? Is it because he's unstable and a bonafide loon ?

Did he take too many hits to the head while playing QB ?

Talented but I doubt they'd even consider him. If memory served me right, they called him while at Stanford and he said no to an interview.

Plus there was that incident between he and Jim Kelly.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/oct/28/sports/sp-47658

Scumbag College
11-15-2014, 09:12 PM
I'd take Rex in a heartbeat over Marrone. At least his press conferences would be entertaining. OBD would have to design and market a sweater vest though.

swiper
11-15-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd take Rex in a heartbeat over Marrone. At least his press conferences would be entertaining.

Who cares about entertaining press conferences? I just want a team that can win.

Ryan is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. His tenure in New York has proven that.

Scumbag College
11-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Who cares about entertaining press conferences? I just want a team that can win.

Ryan is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. His tenure in New York has proven that.

The guy got to two AFC Championship games and always finds a way to play the Pats tough. No coaches on the market can say that.

Buffalogic
11-16-2014, 01:33 AM

Ryan is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. His tenure in New York has proven that.you are so ridiculous turning your nose up to every coach that has had success in this league. You act like these coaches aren't good enough for the bills whIle we are a perennial loser. Who do you want as a coach if you naysay everyone else?

ICRockets
11-16-2014, 01:38 AM
For selfish reasons, I'm hoping we take a look at the defensive coordinator down in Miami. One of the guys on his staff, I think it's his defensive quality control coach, is my cousin's uncle. Getting him on the Bills coaching staff would be a dream come true.

Luisito23
11-16-2014, 02:01 AM
I'd take Harbaugh in a second...Who cares about his personality. I just want someone who knows how to win and history says Jim definitely knows how to do that.

sudzy
11-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Rex Ryan would be the ideal coach for this team.

I really like Rex, but, he's the one guy that seem to know less the Nate Hackett about Offense. If they were able to bring Ryan in they would need a guy like Norv Turner running the offense.

sudzy
11-16-2014, 04:47 AM
I'd take Harbaugh in a second...Who cares about his personality. I just want someone who knows how to win and history says Jim definitely knows how to do that.

I agree with this. Now, my question is; can he get out of his contract or would the Bills have to trade for him?

Topas
11-16-2014, 06:33 AM
For selfish reasons, I'm hoping we take a look at the defensive coordinator down in Miami. One of the guys on his staff, I think it's his defensive quality control coach, is my cousin's uncle. Getting him on the Bills coaching staff would be a dream come true.

Ok, I want to have IC banned immediately from this board. This post is offensive to me. Having relations to persons on the Dolphins staff is not acceptably. Ban or burn him...

Just kidding guy :-)

Night Train
11-16-2014, 06:57 AM
I'd take Rex in a heartbeat over Marrone. At least his press conferences would be entertaining. OBD would have to design and market a sweater vest though.

Plus all the foot fetish posters could come out of the closet...as if we already don't know who they are..:up:

DraftBoy
11-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Rumor has it Harbaugh's agent has already been in contact with Michigan regarding their soon to be open coaching position. I doubt he's staying in the NFL unless the money is huge.

DraftBoy
11-16-2014, 07:09 AM
As far as next HC options I think the following should be immediate calls:

1. Greg Roman, OC, San Francisco
2. Todd Bowles, DC, Arizona
3. Hue Jackson, OC, Cincinnati
4. Adam Gase, OC, Denver
5. Darrel Bevel, OC, Seattle

Personally I'd love to land Jackson/Gase/Bevel and then bring in Dennis Allen to be the DC. I think that kind of a dynamic would be ideal for this team and do a lot to inject some youth and energy into the infrastructure of the team.

Luisito23
11-16-2014, 09:05 AM
I agree with this. Now, my question is; can he get out of his contract or would the Bills have to trade for him?

Good question, but I think it would be through a trade, that is if he's not fired first.

WagonCircler
11-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Jim Harbaugh. He's not working out in SF and I think if Pegula backs up the money truck, he'd come. I want a coach with FIRE, which we haven't had since...oh...never. (all props to Marv, but there are very few like him, and he was fortunate to have all the pieces in place) Jim got his team to the SB and lost, so he'll have a chip on his shoulder to get back to it and win.

Let's think about this for a second.

The Niners were in the Super Bowl last year, but they can't wait to get rid of Harbaugh.

Strike you as odd, at all?

That's because he's a colossal ******* who nobody wants to work with.

better days
11-16-2014, 11:50 AM

4. Adam Gase, OC, Denver

Personally I'd love to land Jackson/Gase/Bevel and then bring in Dennis Allen to be the DC. I think that kind of a dynamic would be ideal for this team and do a lot to inject some youth and energy into the infrastructure of the team.

I have had all the youth & energy I can stomach with Marrone/Hackett.

I want a HC like Wade Phillips that I KNOW can lead the Bills to the playoffs.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2014, 01:19 PM
My vote is for Jim Schwartz. He's not a ball-less pussy coach like Marrone. He just needs a great offensive coordinator. Who would be a good choice if the Bills decide to promote Schwartz as the next HC?

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Let's think about this for a second.

The Niners were in the Super Bowl last year, but they can't wait to get rid of Harbaugh.

Strike you as odd, at all?

That's because he's a colossal ******* who nobody wants to work with.

That's a fair question. But, do we really know all the facts? I mean, remember what happened with Polian getting fired. Rumor had it that he did something that Ralph just couldn't deal with and fired him. Granted that's a completely different scenario than Jim's, but I bring it up just to mention that there could be some personal crap that has nothing to do with football.

Still, I'm sure he's a handfull to deal with so I know it's not a perfect scenario. But let's face it - the Bills have tried 7 coaches in 17 years since Marv retired:

Wade Philips
Gregg Williams
Mike Mularkey
Dick Jauron
Perry Fewell
Chan Gailey
Doug Maroon

...and none of these guys had a whiff of passion or leadership. (I'd say Wade was the closest, but he's really made for DC and not HC) So that's why I'm up for shaking things up with a "hard to work with" kind of guy. Even if it only lasts a few years, he'll stir things up, knock out the cobwebs and maybe, just maybe, get some swagger into this team. JMO

pmoon6
11-16-2014, 01:42 PM
No to Harbaugh. I agree with all the insulting names he's already been called.

Besides, Jim Kelly is still a part of the organization and probably will remain so. Kelly and Harbaugh almost went toe to toe when Hardick was in Indy. I think they don't like each other very much.

sudzy
11-16-2014, 02:39 PM

Jim Harbaugh is no longer on the <s>#</s>Dolphins (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash) radar in unlikely event Philbin is fired. His wife wants to stay in the Bay Area. Hello <s>#</s>Raiders (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/534030208052232194

WagonCircler
11-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Kelly and Harbaugh almost went toe to toe when Hardick was in Indy. I think they don't like each other very much.

There was no almost about it. Harbaugh sucker punched Kelly, then Kelly slammed Harbaugh to the ground and nearly broke his neck in a headlock before the two were separated.

better days
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
There was no almost about it. Harbaugh sucker punched Kelly, then Kelly slammed Harbaugh to the ground and nearly broke his neck in a headlock before the two were separated.

And Harbaugh broke his hand when he hit Kelly.

Hands are kind of important to a QB.

YardRat
11-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Schwartz should get first shot.

DynaPaul
11-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Promote Schwartz and get an innovative offensive coordinator. Also, spend our picks next year on the O-line.

swiper
11-16-2014, 04:41 PM
The guy got to two AFC Championship games and always finds a way to play the Pats tough. No coaches on the market can say that.

Ah. you mean those two AFC championship games where he took in the team that was constructed by the guy before him?

DraftBoy
11-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Schwartz should get first shot.

Schwartz went down in pretty epic flames in Detroit. Why exactly should we be in a hurry to give him another shot?

One year removed from Schwartz and the Lions have one of the top records in the NFC.

Mace
11-16-2014, 07:01 PM
I vote for generic successful coach whoever he may be. It's about time random chance brings us a winner, pick a name out of a hat, next guy is surely the one. Dabo Swinney. We have never had a coach named Dabo much less Swinney, and the creative friction with Jim Kelly over the nephew will make good press.

Mouldsie
11-16-2014, 10:54 PM
On my interview list:

Gus Malzahn
Pat Shurmur
Bill Lazor
Todd Bowles
Darrel Bevel
Brian Kelly
Tom Clements
Frank Reich
David Shaw (though I'd like him to be more aggressive and I doubt he'd leave his current dream job)

Lexwhat
11-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Main question: Who can realistically compete with Bill Belichick on a regular basis? Jim Harbaugh would be a fantastic choice. I think he's a douche at times, but hey, so is Belichick. Both are extremely passionate about winning.

There is a lot of head-butting going on in SF, and these type of power struggles tend to happen from time to time -- even when teams are winning (on a side note, I would love for Harbaugh to come to Buffalo and drive Russ Brandon out of town)... With that being said, I don't believe Harbaugh would want to come here.

As far as the Jim Kelly situation, who cares? Jim Kelly is not involved in the day-to-day operations of this team. If Kelly cared about winning, he would keep quiet and welcome Harbaugh with open arms.

My other pick for the next upcoming star head coach? Todd Bowles. Arizona just extended him, so it won't be cheap. I actually think spending time with Bruce Arians has made him an even better coach.

pmoon6
11-17-2014, 04:24 PM
There was no almost about it. Harbaugh sucker punched Kelly, then Kelly slammed Harbaugh to the ground and nearly broke his neck in a headlock before the two were separated.Thanks, big guy. I did not know that.

The Jokeman
11-17-2014, 04:46 PM
No to Harbaugh. I agree with all the insulting names he's already been called.

Besides, Jim Kelly is still a part of the organization and probably will remain so. Kelly and Harbaugh almost went toe to toe when Hardick was in Indy. I think they don't like each other very much.

Jim Kelly is an ambassador for this team but as far as I know he's not on the official team payroll. In other words Jim is nothing more than a cheerleader. Personally I'd rather have a HC like Harbaugh than have Kelly. In terms of our HC, I don't think Marrone is going anywhere this off season.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2014, 07:52 PM
There's always next year (tm)

stuckincincy
11-17-2014, 08:45 PM
:pop:

kingJofNYC
11-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Schwartz went down in pretty epic flames in Detroit. Why exactly should we be in a hurry to give him another shot?

One year removed from Schwartz and the Lions have one of the top records in the NFC.

Word Schwartz was a disaster in Detroit the last couple of years, he's awful. And for Hurkey, he did have a good OC in Linehan but you know, Schwartz is an awful coach and it's hard to overcome that. His team was as undisciplined as they come.

Harbaugh would be fantastic, but I'm not sure he wants to leave the Bay area. Has a young kids, not sure he wants to uproot them and move all the way East. Could see him going to Michigan though.

Historian
11-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Harbaugh is a douche.

better days
11-18-2014, 07:34 AM
Harbaugh is a douche.

Which is why the 49ers are going to let him leave after this year in spite of him being a good HC.

GreedoII
11-18-2014, 10:49 AM
**** Harbaugh, he's a douchebag and I want nothing to do with him.

This is why I want him. I don't care about any of that crap. Just win football games

better days
11-18-2014, 10:55 AM
This is why I want him. I don't care about any of that crap. Just win football games

A GOOD HC that the players don't like will have short term success with a team but it won't last.

WagonCircler
11-18-2014, 01:11 PM

Yeah, but he's not a Lombardi or Belichick or Parcells kind of douchebag. He's a whiney ***** douchebag. We definitely DON'T need that.

jamze132
11-18-2014, 01:19 PM

4. Adam Gase, OC, Denver

What's so special about Gase? Who is he without Manning?

Cali512
11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Can i say it??? This isnt madden

Cali512
11-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Gase has wrecked indi. the game vs seattle they would do runs on 3rd and 5-15s. He would be a worse Jauron. Stay away from any Broncos coaches that came after Manning

pmoon6
11-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Jim Kelly is an ambassador for this team but as far as I know he's not on the official team payroll. In other words Jim is nothing more than a cheerleader. Personally I'd rather have a HC like Harbaugh than have Kelly. In terms of our HC, I don't think Marrone is going anywhere this off season.**** Harbaugh and his egomaniacal posturing.

pmoon6
11-18-2014, 08:33 PM
This is why I want him. I don't care about any of that crap. Just win football gamesLooks like Bills' Fans want a coach that really represents them.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
If we can vote for anyone, I vote for Kirk Ferentz.

And yes I know, he's never leaving Iowa.

Mike
11-20-2014, 11:09 AM
If we can vote for anyone, I vote for Kirk Ferentz.

And yes I know, he's never leaving Iowa.

I have heard ears his name come up quite a few times in the past decade or so but never any interviews... At least convince him to come in for a sit down then see where it goes.

trapezeus
11-20-2014, 11:49 AM
harbaugh and kelly have some feud, no? throw a little politics onto the issue and the hire becomes harder.

i just like looking at a collegel coach who does not benefit from great recruiting trips but plays the factory schools tough and the players say, "you want to fight for him no matter what"

because that's the guy who is going to look a lot better when talent is a lot closer. he'll be aggressive, he'll hold the room's attention, and he won't have a "it's my way or the high way" attitude that hte factory school guys run. they are probably better at adapting to the player strengths than saying, "this roster sucks, i want to bring in all new players and try it my way.

that requires a lot of research on the part of the front office and it takes some of the analytics the bills claim they have. know how to read the numbers. if he has a losing record but has a smaller margin of defeat against the facotry schools, he might be your guy!

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 05:50 PM
I have heard ears his name come up quite a few times in the past decade or so but never any interviews... At least convince him to come in for a sit down then see where it goes.

He's denied all interview requests saying he has no desire to leave Iowa.

But his name still comes up anyway every year.