• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Expect the Bills to tank next year

- Pegula intentionally tanked the Sabres. They want one of the two elite talents in the next NHL draft. Pegula saw the Pengins built this way, and seeing its all about the QB in today's NFL... I'm betting he does it with the Bills too.

- the top prospect as of now for the 2016 NFL Draft is a QB from... wait for it... Penn State. You know.. the same college that Pegs built a multi-million $ arena for Penn State's new D1 hockey program?!

Christian Hackenberg, QB

"I don't think E.J. Manuel is going to pan out, but Hackenberg could be the best quarterback prospect to enter the NFL since Andrew Luck."

#embracethetank
    #frackmebaby
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Expect the Bills to tank next year

don't think so.

i think they may end up tearing down to start over, but i don't think you tank intentionally in the NFL. with trades being more fluid and most draft talent being ready today, if you want somone, you can trade to get there.

Hackenberg is also pretty obscure. at this point in luck's career, he was already being hyped as an obvious first round talent and then he stuck around 1 more year in college. i have not heard much about hackenberg, but i also am not obsessive about college football.

i think pegula would rather do things the right way, which typically means, tear it down and put your people in.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

ok send me what your smoking i truly wish we would have tanked properly just once the last 15 years but 2015 sorry bud

cindy crawford in her prime with 2 lolly pops will show up at my front door telling me she needs practice licking before we get the 1st pick in 2016

Comment

• JohnnyGold
        • Dec 2008

1 game back from the 6 seed with 6 games to go, and people are talking about tanking.

the unbeatable broncos got smoked by the rams yesterday.

we got the packers at home.

and the pats, as good as they are, are STILL a divisional foe--not saying we can win, but your odds go up the more you play a team. Marrones 4th crack at them, it'll fall his way eventually.

other than that, its games vs the jets, browns and raiders.

we should/could have beat the chiefs, and that was heartbreaking. but to write off this season AND next season because we lost a road thursday night game to a divisional opponent is silly.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          -
          - the top prospect as of now for the 2016 NFL Draft is a QB from... wait for it... Penn State.
          I've been waiting for it...my entire lifetime... and Penn State has yet to deliver. Todd Blackledge anyone? It's linebacker U. Sure isn't QB U.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
            1 game back from the 6 seed with 6 games to go, and people are talking about tanking.

the unbeatable broncos got smoked by the rams yesterday.

we got the packers at home.

and the pats, as good as they are, are STILL a divisional foe--not saying we can win, but your odds go up the more you play a team. Marrones 4th crack at them, it'll fall his way eventually.

other than that, its games vs the jets, browns and raiders.

we should/could have beat the chiefs, and that was heartbreaking. but to write off this season AND next season because we lost a road thursday night game to a divisional opponent is silly.
            3 games and a tiebreaker behind the Patriots with 6 to play. No way we win the division.

5-5 with all 5 losses being conf losses. We lose tiebreakers on conf records to every other team in the WC hunt, meaning we'd have to win out to get the WC. And that means beating NE, Green Bay and Denver. We just lost to KC and Miami. If we can't beatthise guys there is no way we can beat those 3 good teams.

This season is already tanked.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Hackenburg has been BAD this year

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

and i love walter football calling for us to have the 1st pick lol. 22 games from now lol

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  3 games and a tiebreaker behind the Patriots with 6 to play. No way we win the division.

5-5 with all 5 losses being conf losses. We lose tiebreakers on conf records to every other team in the WC hunt, meaning we'd have to win out to get the WC. And that means beating NE, Green Bay and Denver. We just lost to KC and Miami. If we can't beatthise guys there is no way we can beat those 3 good teams.

This season is already tanked.
                  I couldn't disagree more... this whole

"we're in 12th place in the conference talk".

We're 1 game back from the damn playoffs with 2 winnable games in a row.

I look at it like this:
                  In 5 days, fans of this team went from thinking we're 5-3 and anything is possible, to wanting to tank next season--due to 2 losses.

If we WIN the next 2 games, what then? The bandwaggon will be full again.

Point blank: Bills fans under the age of about 27-28 are too young to have EVER closely followed a playoff season.

this season is NOT over, no matter what the am radio hosts (Jets and giants fans) want to tell you on the way in to work.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

This is a troll thread.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I look at it like this:
                      In 5 days, fans of this team went from thinking we're 5-3 and anything is possible, to wanting to tank next season--due to 2 losses.

Point blank: Bills fans under the age of about 27-28 are too young to have EVER closely followed a playoff season.

this season is NOT over, no matter what the am radio hosts (Jets and giants fans) want to tell you on the way in to work.
                      the next two games are winnable? So were the last two but we lost them both.

And even if we win the nex two, we still have 5 conf losses and we still arent going to beat NE, GB or Denver, let alone all 3 of them.

It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with the reality of 5 conf losses and the difficulty of the schedule (plus the team not being that good).

And BTW, I'm 35 and I don't listen to AM radio, and even if I did I'm out of market so they don't talk about the Billls anyway. Stop making assumptions about people and listen to what they are saying.
                      Last edited by OpIv37; 11-17-2014, 09:38 AM.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

I look at it like this:

They were just two losses, they were two crucial losses to teams we are in direct competition with for the playoffs. If we had lost all the NFC North games but beaten San Diego, KC, and Miami, I'd agree with you. We'd have a strong 5-5 record. But we didn't, so we are actually 1.5 games back.

Meanwhile, virtually everything we needed to happen this weekend failed - KC won, San Diego won, Cincy won, and New England won.

Our playoff hopes rest on us virtually sweeping the remainder of our schedule. If we win the Denver game, you can crow about it, but I strongly suspect that will be the one that mathematically eliminates us.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          This is a troll thread.
                          Care to explain how?

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Marrone may hang himself but a new coach has a very good D to start with and some weapons on O. Draft and FA could help the OL .

I predicted 7 wins but many here ride the emotional roller coaster every week, based on wins/losses.

Tank ? Makes no sense.

Coaching and proper schemes go a long way. O needs work and the current HC has no answers. Any improvement on the O side could put this team back into contention next season.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

The Bills are even bad at tanking seasons. They always win 2-3 meaningless games every year to put them at 4-12/5-11/6-10/7-9.

Comment

Working...
                              X