PDA

View Full Version : All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2014, 02:46 PM
It's supposed to keep snowing too. Has a game in Buffalo ever been delayed or moved to later in the day because of such a snowstorm? This is ridiculous for November!!

BillsImpossible
11-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Nope. A Buffalo Bills game has never been cancelled due to weather.

Supposed to be in the 50's by Saturday...which is crazy.

RWS is going to be flooded.

This is the craziest amount of snow I've ever seen!

5 feet high in my backyard.

It's definitely going to have an impact on how the Bills prepare for the Jets.

Players can't get to the stadium.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Nope. A Buffalo Bills game has never been cancelled due to weather.

Supposed to be in the 50's by Saturday...which is crazy.

RWS is going to be flooded.

This is the craziest amount of snow I've ever seen!

5 feet high in my backyard.

It's definitely going to have an impact on how the Bills prepare for the Jets.

Players can't get to the stadium.

It's going to be a fishbowl if it warms up.

BillsImpossible
11-18-2014, 03:05 PM
It's going to be a fishbowl if it warms up.

Upper 50's for Saturday and Sunday.

Welcome to Ralph Wilson Lake.

BillsImpossible
11-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Shoveling out a giant bowl of a stadium full of snow isn't going to be easy.

black N yellow
11-18-2014, 03:24 PM
with a high of 41 on saturday and 47 sunday, I dont think it will be all that messy. 56 on Monday, though? Yeesh.

SpikedLemonade
11-18-2014, 03:42 PM
The Polish Falcons Club of Depew cancelled for tonight.

The Channel 2 News from Buffalo is entertaining.

Night Train
11-18-2014, 03:46 PM
It will be a nice 72 and clear in my living room.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-18-2014, 03:48 PM
It will be a balmy 71.4 degrees in the Gibby Dome (my living room on gameday).

Night Train
11-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Orchard Park got 5 feet of snow, on top of 18 degrees and wind. Not a misprint.

I'm 20 minutes North in Tonawanda and we got nothing. Not an inch. I can see the grass.

BillsImpossible
11-18-2014, 04:23 PM
This isn't just another snowstorm in Buffalo, it's the November Horror Storm of The Century.

It's going to have an impact on the game if it takes people 3 days to shovel out their driveways.

I've lived in Buffalo all my life and have never seen this much snow, and another foot is coming tomorrow, and Thursday!

Prayers for the hundreds of people sitting stuck in their cars right now, running low on gas.

This November Lake Freak Storm is going to go down in history, surpassing the Blizzard of 1977.

Night Train
11-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Watching the local news . Orchard Park just surpassed 70 inches of snow. Still coming down non-stop.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 05:04 AM
My question was serious. Is there any possibility of the game being moved to a later date? It's gotta be a state of emergency right?

To anyone who lives there: hang in there guys. Stay warm and safe.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 06:15 AM
My question was serious. Is there any possibility of the game being moved to a later date? It's gotta be a state of emergency right?

To anyone who lives there: hang in there guys. Stay warm and safe.

I'd say there was. Looks like a couple more feet are expected to fall through Thursday, with winds and drifting. Temp. predicted to rise above freezing early Saturday afternoon, with rain commencing through Monday. What a mess that will make...

don137
11-19-2014, 06:37 AM
I doubt they cancel the game but parking will be tough since their will be less parking spaces available due to snow banks. Also, the Bills could be flat. They should go somewhere for a few days. If more snow is coming they may not get any practice time in.

coastal
11-19-2014, 06:41 AM
My be we can forfeit.

BertSquirtgum
11-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Upper 50's for Saturday and Sunday.

Welcome to Ralph Wilson Lake.

Wrong. 42 saturday. 55 Sunday. 59 monday

wolfpack
11-19-2014, 07:01 AM
220,000 tons to be removed from the Ralph! :jetsuck:

TacklingDummy
11-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Perfect example why a Dome stadium is the only option.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2014, 07:15 AM

The snow on the field is not the biggest problem, by far.

The 7 feet of snow in the area is a much bigger problem and a dome won't help that unless it is a damn big one

The Jokeman
11-19-2014, 07:27 AM

The 7 feet of snow in the area is a much bigger problem and a dome won't help that unless it is a damn big one
Not to mention travel bans, it be awesome if somehow the game went on but the travel ban for OP is still in effect. I wonder if the NFL would show it locally or not?

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Not to mention travel bans, it be awesome if somehow the game went on but the travel ban for OP is still in effect. I wonder if the NFL would show it locally or not?

You wonder how the teams would get to the stadium, let alone fans. Plus the hundreds of people that work there on game day. Even if driving restrictions are eased, digging out vehicles from driveways and parking spots will be hard for those in affected areas.

Plus, if it rains as predicted, the considerable snow on roofs get saturated, leading to possible collapse. What a mess...

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2014, 07:45 AM
If there is a travel ban, they won't hold the game. They move it to Monday or something

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 08:22 AM
If there is a travel ban, they won't hold the game. They move it to Monday or something

2 more feet on the way?

What in the actual fug is going on.

better days
11-19-2014, 08:53 AM

It is BUFFALO. The streets will be cleared by Sunday.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2014, 09:21 AM
It is BUFFALO. The streets will be cleared by Sunday.

Maybe. But there is 6 feet of snow near the stadium. And they can get another 2-3 feet tomorrow.

Not only do they need to clean the streets, but they need to clean parking lots, the stadium and the field. It's not quite that easy.

Typ0
11-19-2014, 09:29 AM
If it doesn't stop snowing until Friday and there is ten feet of snow in the stadium there is no way they get it removed by Sunday....

better days
11-19-2014, 09:34 AM
If it doesn't stop snowing until Friday and there is ten feet of snow in the stadium there is no way they get it removed by Sunday....

Yeah, they will get the snow removed.

Crews will work through the night if need be.

That is the beauty of Buffalo, it has the people & equipment to move a lot of snow quickly.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2014, 09:40 AM

That is the beauty of Buffalo, it has the people & equipment to move a lot of snow quickly.

Are you in the area?

With all due respect, you have no idea how bad it is in those areas or how big of a project this is.

better days
11-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Are you in the area?

With all due respect, you have no idea how bad it is in those areas or how big of a project this is.

I am not in Buffalo now, I think everyone on this board knows I live in Fla now.

But I was in Buffalo for the Blizzard of 77. I was put up by kind strangers for two days in their house during that blizzard.

I have no doubt even with a couple more feet of snow coming that the streets & lots at the Stadium will be cleared by Sunday.

Typ0
11-19-2014, 09:47 AM
No way man they don't have crews. Volunteers always do it and it's way too much snow to remove in two days. There is no equipment to move snow off the seats other than shovels and hard labor. If it warms up and melts that's one thing...but without help from the sun I just don't see it happening.

better days
11-19-2014, 09:54 AM
No way man they don't have crews. Volunteers always do it and it's way too much snow to remove in two days. There is no equipment to move snow off the seats other than shovels and hard labor. If it warms up and melts that's one thing...but without help from the sun I just don't see it happening.

Inside the Stadium yeah, I was talking about the streets.

The weather is supposed to warm up & people will volunteer to clear the inside of the Stadium if need be.

I expect to watch the Game on Sunday on TV.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Is there a webcam for the stadium?

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Listening to all of this on the radio and watching it on TV, I actually feel a little guilty.

In North Buffalo, we have almost nothing. Yesterday, a dusting. At best. Today, a few inches.

It's just so crazy that there's so much snow so close to here, but so little here.

SpikedLemonade
11-19-2014, 10:02 AM
There is going to be an announcement from the Bills at noon according to local news.

Moving the game to Tuesday night would work.

JohnnyGold
11-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Is there a webcam for the stadium?
https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/535107611486867456/photo/1

better days
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Listening to all of this on the radio and watching it on TV, I actually feel a little guilty.

In North Buffalo, we have almost nothing. Yesterday, a dusting. At best. Today, a few inches.

It's just so crazy that there's so much snow so close to here, but so little here.

The good news is that because the storm was isolated to the South towns, equipment can all be used in that area rather than spread out over everywhere as it was during the blizzard of 77.

SpikedLemonade
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Bills looking at options after snowstorm slams region
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430819/article/bills-looking-at-options-after-snowstorm-slams-region

....https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2325610516/8n249zfl3ntojdfonsyh_normal.jpegEd Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn)
Follow (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn)
Bill Polian told me yesterday the reason Ralph Wilson Stadium built in Orchard Park was land cheap because highest accumulation of snow.
10:15 AM - 19 Nov 2014 (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/535089068099780608)......

trapezeus
11-19-2014, 10:11 AM
My be we can forfeit.

What? and score no Touchdowns?? oh, right, that'd happen regardless.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 10:14 AM
There is going to be an announcement from the Bills at noon according to local news.

Moving the game to Tuesday night would work.

I think Monday Night is probably the best possibility.

trapezeus
11-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Bills looking at options after snowstorm slams region

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430819/article/bills-looking-at-options-after-snowstorm-slams-region

....https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2325610516/8n249zfl3ntojdfonsyh_normal.jpegEd Werder ✔ @Edwerderespn (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn)
Follow (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn)
Bill Polian told me yesterday the reason Ralph Wilson Stadium built in Orchard Park was land cheap because highest accumulation of snow.
10:15 AM - 19 Nov 2014 (https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/535089068099780608)......

finally get the game out of toronto and watch them move it back. i swear to god that will kill me.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
finally get the game out of toronto and watch them move it back. i swear to god that will kill me.

LOL I never even thought of that. God I hope not.

But, it would be all Buffalo fans at least. Or it would be empty.

OpIv37
11-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Great- thanks to Mother Nature we may get to embarrass ourselves on national tv twice in ten days.

I despise night games. All they do is draw national attention to our ineptitude.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Great- thanks to Mother Nature we may get to embarrass ourselves on national tv twice in ten days.

I despise night games. All they do is draw national attention to our ineptitude.

I don't know. I have a bad feeling it's going to be moved somewhere else, which will be doubly worse.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 11:24 AM
The good news is that because the storm was isolated to the South towns, equipment can all be used in that area rather than spread out over everywhere as it was during the blizzard of 77.

There's also equipment coming in from the rest of the state and personnel from the National Guard on the way.

I think Monday at the Ralph will be the call.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know. I have a bad feeling it's going to be moved somewhere else, which will be doubly worse.

I didn't think of that possibility. You may be right. Folks can cry about it being "unfair", but this is a unique situation. It's not like a tilt between the 5 - 5 Bills and the 2 - 8 Jets is going to have an impact on playoff seedings...

better days
11-19-2014, 01:08 PM
There's also equipment coming in from the rest of the state and personnel from the National Guard on the way.

I think Monday at the Ralph will be the call.

If they can't play on Sunday, I think Monday at the Ralph would be GREAT.

notacon
11-19-2014, 01:23 PM

Not necessarily. This IS a perfect example of why putting the stadium in Orchard Park, right in the middle of the snow belt, was a monumentally stupid thing to do.

Downtown Buffalo, according to reports, is getting a small fraction of what is falling in the Southtowns.

swiper
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Go sell snow to Eskimos please.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Not necessarily. This IS a perfect example of why putting the stadium in Orchard Park, right in the middle of the snow belt, was a monumentally stupid thing to do.

Downtown Buffalo, according to reports, is getting a small fraction of what is falling in the Southtowns.

Please...this storm could have just as well tracked further north. Perhaps you are not old enough to remember the political snot that dripped from a downtown stadium choice way back when.

better days
11-19-2014, 01:34 PM
I didn't think of that possibility. You may be right. Folks can cry about it being "unfair", but this is a unique situation. It's not like a tilt between the 5 - 5 Bills and the 2 - 8 Jets is going to have an impact on playoff seedings...

It would be much easier to reschedule the game at the Ralph than to move it to a different location.

Tickets sold already would have to be refunded & then sold for the different location.

It is not like the roof caved in on the Ralph & the stadium can't be used.

A little snow needs removal is all.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-19-2014, 02:27 PM

Toronto doesn't make as much sense as Syracuse IMO. Syracuse has no more home games this year.

Hell, maybe getting on his old turf would get Marrone's head right.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 02:38 PM
It would be much easier to reschedule the game at the Ralph than to move it to a different location.

Tickets sold already would have to be refunded & then sold for the different location.

It is not like the roof caved in on the Ralph & the stadium can't be used.

A little snow needs removal is all.

OK. Fly up and join the shoveling crew.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2014, 06:51 PM

The roads will be fine.

Would there be snow in the stands or on the field if there was a Dome?

Would people who go to the games in December rather be comfortable watching the game or freezing their azz off?

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
The roads will be fine.

Would people who go to the games in December rather be comfortable watching the game or freezing their azz off?

Feel free to mail your personal $10,000 check for the Dome Fund...

Typ0
11-19-2014, 07:13 PM
There is no amount of snow a pile of heavy equipment can't move...but heavy equipment doesn't go into that stadium without wrecking the field. It's a logistical nightmare to move the amount of snow that is in that stadium right now. If more falls in the next couple days my money is on the game having to be moved.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2014, 07:20 PM
The roads will be fine.

They will be. Eventually

But that does not change the point that the bigger issue right now is 6 feet of snow with perhaps 2-3 feet more on the way

TacklingDummy
11-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Feel free to mail your personal $10,000 check for the Dome Fund...
The state just found another $600+ Million in surplus.
Use it.

better days
11-19-2014, 07:52 PM
OK. Fly up and join the shoveling crew.

Sure thing.

YOU Pay for my ticket & I am there.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Toronto doesn't make as much sense as Syracuse IMO. Syracuse has no more home games this year.

Hell, maybe getting on his old turf would get Marrone's head right.

What about UB? Less than half the capacity, but nothing in the region's going to have the capacity of Rich.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 07:59 PM
There is no amount of snow a pile of heavy equipment can't move...but heavy equipment doesn't go into that stadium without wrecking the field. It's a logistical nightmare to move the amount of snow that is in that stadium right now. If more falls in the next couple days my money is on the game having to be moved.

I'm sure they can back trucks and loaders up to the field and use a bunch of those little dozers to push it all to the EZs.

I just think that moving that much snow in general is a bigger job than we all think.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm sure they can back trucks and loaders up to the field and use a bunch of those little dozers to push it all to the EZs.

I just think that moving that much snow in general is a bigger job than we all think.

Cleaning off the field with nylon scrape plate front loadesr is a relatively easy task. Arenas and stadiums load up and clear out tons of dirt for monster truck anf dirt bike extravaganzas all over the place. Digging out stands and the nooks an crannies is another matter. The already-fallen snow has compressed under gravity.There is more to com. Then warming, and the possibility of rain to complicate things.

And they expect folks, with a strained transportation problem, to flock to the stadium and shovel heavy, wet snow, for a lousy 10 bucks an hour (and they better be prepared to surrender their SSN for taxation if the Bills are following the laws - the days of casual labor is over). And that's an anathema to the millions on the cushy benefit gravy train to actually show earned income. It upsets the free apple cart.

JohnnyGold
11-19-2014, 08:50 PM

no need.

its a cement base with a carpet over it--it can take the dispersed weight of heavy equipment, the bladed parts of the plows are the only things that could measurably damage the field. A piece of pvc piping cut in half, with the bottom, rounded edge chained to the bottom of a plow is sufficient to protect the turf. It is a simple fix that many outdoor field maintenance crews use these days.

The trouble comes in where to move the snow to... and how much of a priority the game is for the municipality this weekend.
Do they prioritize clearing out the ralph and the surrounding parking lots? Or getting the roadways cleared out so people can resume their lives again?

The simple fact of the matter is, there are no written rules for natural disasters like this. I hate humanity in general, as a rule, but its times like these when people need to set aside their political affiliations, their prejudices, and their opinions, and just recognize that no one is perfect, and we're all in this together. Yes, things could always be done better, but in situations where no one has an answer, don't be the person to second guess the people who are making decisions--be the person to help without needing the direction from someone else telling you what to do!

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
And the beat goes on...

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.767557844000464&lon=-78.74391741899967&site=all&smap=1

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:57 PM
no need.

its a cement base with a carpet over it--it can take the dispersed weight of heavy equipment, the bladed parts of the plows are the only things that could measurably damage the field. A piece of pvc piping cut in half, with the bottom, rounded edge chained to the bottom of a plow is sufficient to protect the turf. It is a simple fix that many outdoor field maintenance crews use these days.

The trouble comes in where to move the snow to... and how much of a priority the game is for the municipality this weekend.
Do they prioritize clearing out the ralph and the surrounding parking lots? Or getting the roadways cleared out so people can resume their lives again?

The simple fact of the matter is, there are no written rules for natural disasters like this. I hate humanity in general, as a rule, but its times like these when people need to set aside their political affiliations, their prejudices, and their opinions, and just recognize that no one is perfect, and we're all in this together. Yes, things could always be done better, but in situations where no one has an answer, don't be the person to second guess the people who are making decisions--be the person to help without needing the direction from someone else telling you what to do!

Well said.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 09:04 PM
.Digging out stands and the nooks an crannies is another matter. The already-fallen snow has compressed under gravity.There is more to com. Then warming, and the possibility of rain to complicate things.

And they expect folks, with a strained transportation problem, to flock to the stadium and shovel heavy, wet snow, for a lousy 10 bucks an hour (and they better be prepared to surrender their SSN for taxation if the Bills are following the laws - the days of casual labor is over). And that's an anathema to the millions on the cushy benefit gravy train to actually show earned income. It upsets the free apple cart.

Exactly.

I've heard that they pay cash. At worst they 1099 it but I doubt that.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 09:06 PM

Again, agreed.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM
What about UB? Less than half the capacity, but nothing in the region's going to have the capacity of Rich.

I assumed UB was buried under the same blizzard, as they just postponed the game scheduled for tonight. That would work as well, if the field has been winterized.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Exactly.

I've heard that they pay cash. At worst they 1099 it but I doubt that.

I'm of an age before overarching government was the norm, so I agree in principle that casual labor should be just that, but the Bills should be wary - all it takes is one wiseguy p*ick make trouble for them. Times have changed. When I was a lad, the hoe boys (as in hoeing fields, commonly called hobos) used to come around and do this or that work for a meal and and some change. Back then, a 50 cent piece would tide you over for several days. Occasionally, my grandmother would let them bunk over in the garage with another meal given.

notacon
11-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Please...this storm could have just as well tracked further north. Perhaps you are not old enough to remember the political snot that dripped from a downtown stadium choice way back when.

Uhhhh...no....it rarely does. Do you know anything about lake effect snow??

notacon
11-19-2014, 11:24 PM

Oh...I have no idea what you are talking about...."political snot that dripped from a downtown stadium choice way back when"

If you are talking about 1973 when the present stadium was built...I remember it well. It was a Lancaster Dome that was approved,and then at the last minute the Erie Country legislature decided to renege on that contract and decided to go cheap and build a hole in the ground in Orchard Park....literally. The bowl for the field was dug into the ground to save money.

Cottrell sued, and won. Erie Country payed twice for that crappy stadium in the snowbelt.

Is that what you are talking about?

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 05:31 AM
I assumed UB was buried under the same blizzard, as they just postponed the game scheduled for tonight. That would work as well, if the field has been winterized.

UB stadium is not anywhere near as bad. I am guessing they have about 6 inches.

The problem was Kent St could not get their equipment here

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 05:33 AM

At a high risk of being ripped apart, it is does not happen as often, but to say rarely is not accurate either.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 05:39 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by notacon http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=4024746#post4024746)

At a high risk of being ripped apart, it is does not happen as often, but to say rarely is not accurate either.

Lake Effect Snow all depends upon the winds. The temps and moisture levels make the snow, the wind blows it where it goes. Sometimes LE snow extends well into the finger lakes or the southern tier. A handful of factors in play.

Although, I don't think that LE snow would put 4' anywhere too distant.

It appears that the winds were blowing right up along the shoreline of Lake Erie pushing all the snow into essentially one location on this one, SW Buffalo.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 05:59 AM
I have never heard how long it takes to clear the stadium, but here it claims that it typically take three days to clear out one foot of snow from the stadium. Seems long but I'm sure that they got their info from someone involved with OBD.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/bills-forced-to-adjust-by-massive-snowstorm/

I don't think they're playing the game this weekend nor on Monday or Tuesday even. I wonder if they'd just cancel it altogether given that neither team will end up making the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 06:03 AM
They won't cancel it.

1. Too much money involved
2. The Bills are not eliminated from the playoffs, in theory
3. No game could impact tiebreakers for other teams
4. Too much money involved.
5. Things like player bonus money will be skewed.
6. Too much money involved.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 06:32 AM
They won't cancel it.

1. Too much money involved
2. The Bills are not eliminated from the playoffs, in theory
3. No game could impact tiebreakers for other teams
4. Too much money involved.
5. Things like player bonus money will be skewed.
6. Too much money involved.

You think they're capable of clearing the place out by Monday or Tuesday?

k-oneputt
11-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Pushed back to Sunday night or Monday.

It sure is hell not going to be completely cancealed.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 06:59 AM

I don't know.

But I do know they won't cancel it. They'll move it before they cancel it

k-oneputt
11-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Supposed to be 50 degrees Sunday and Monday.
It will melt enough on it's own.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 07:02 AM
So you see them getting people there and getting the place shoveled out after today's snow earlier enough to get everything set for a MNF game?

IDK, I'm thinking it ain't gonna happen this time, especially with another 3' coming today. I'm thinking that if they want to reschedule the game it's going to have to be after this week. Not sure when that would be since both teams have had their byes.

When are they going to do this? It won't be today, after 3' more it won't be tomorrow or likely even Saturday. 3 more feet is going to paralyze an already paralyzed region for at least the next 2-3 days.

Just not seeing it. I think they'll be lucky to get it done to be able to play the game on Tuesday night.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 07:04 AM
They aren't getting another 3 feet today. They will get some, but not another 3 feet. They did get another 12-18 inches last night though

Fletch
11-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Well, alright, that's another foot and a half.

I'm just reading off of weather.com, here's what it says:

* ACCUMULATIONS... 3 TO 6 INCHES THROUGH 6 AM... MORE THAN 2 FEET TODAY... AND 5 TO 10 INCHES TONIGHT.

That's saying more on the way and it doesn't seem as if 18" more is out of consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, I don't think that the game is going off this weekend or even M or T.

better days
11-20-2014, 07:10 AM

It is supposed to be above freezing Saturday.

That should help. Temp about 50 degrees Sunday.

The Snow should be gone by Monday with a little effort.

JohnnyGold
11-20-2014, 07:53 AM

lol.

WHAT??

That is NOT how it works man.

Temps might spike at, 55... but that will be at high noon and the hours on either side of it. However, for the 24 hour period, the average temp will probably be closer to the low 40s, high 30s.

Now, when snow gets plowed and shoveled, it gets put into massive piles. Those piles will have a core temp of below freezing. The difference between that core temp and the average daily temp is not enough to create significant melt: rain or not.

YES, the roads and thru ways will bennefit tremendously, and will be passable. But the parking lot and stadium will have too many piles and too many "nooks and crannies" to reasonably melt away by Sunday. It is a matter of moving mountains of snow, something that will take days (and nights).

I've been wrong before, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they play Sunday, but it just seems like it would be easier for everyone involved to move the game to monday night. that gives you all day sunday, all night sunday, and all day monday.

better days
11-20-2014, 08:02 AM
lol.

WHAT??

Temps might spike at, 55... but that will be at high noon and the hours on either side of it. However, for the 24 hour period, the average temp will probably be closer to the low 40s, high 30s.

Now, when snow gets plowed and shoveled, it gets put into massive piles. Those piles will have a core temp of below freezing. The difference between that core temp and the average daily temp is not enough to create significant melt: rain or not.

YES, the roads and thru ways will bennefit tremendously, and will be passable. But the parking lot and stadium will have too many piles and too many "nooks and crannies" to reasonably melt away by Sunday. It is a matter of moving mountains of snow, something that will take days (and nights).

I've been wrong before, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they play Sunday, but it just seems like it would be easier for everyone involved to move the game to monday night. that gives you all day sunday, all night sunday, and all day monday.

The snow will not be piled at the Stadium, it will be put in dump trucks & hauled away.

I said it would take a little effort, in other words shovel snow from the seats & aisles, plow snow in the lots.

I also said the snow should be gone by MONDAY.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:03 AM
lol.

WHAT??

Let's also not forget that the Bills haven't been able to practice. Moving the game to Monday or even Tuesday night would at least give them an extra day or two of trying to get some kind of practice in.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Common sense is lacking in this thread...

1. Canceling the game won't happen. They have played through hurricanes, by either delaying the game or moving it. Worst case it gets moved to Toronto, Syracuse, UB, etc.
2. The two days of highs in the 50s and rain will help a little, but will mainly make the snow heavier and harder to move around.
3. They still can't even get to the stadium, let alone start to clean it up. I don't see it being possible to have the game there on Sunday and Monday would be a miracle.
4. Parking will be a nightmare at the game. Stadium lots will be a mess and only partial capacity. Private lots will be scarce, as parking on front lawns ain't happening. Maybe a few of the bigger lots will be open (i.e. mud lot, hammers, etc) but those will be limited as well.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 08:06 AM
The snow will not be piled at the Stadium, it will be put in dump trucks & hauled away.

I said it would take a little effort, in other words shovel snow from the seats & aisles, plow snow in the lots.

7 feet of snow won't melt that quickly.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2014, 08:10 AM
The NFL has to make a decision this afternoon I believe.

My guess is the game remains at the Ralph but moved to Tuesday night.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:11 AM

1. Canceling the game won't happen. They have played through hurricanes, by either delaying the game or moving it. Worst case it gets moved to Toronto, Syracuse, UB, etc.
2. The two days of highs in the 50s and rain will help a little, but will mainly make the snow heavier and harder to move around.
3. They still can't even get to the stadium, let alone start to clean it up. I don't see it being possible to have the game there on Sunday and Monday would be a miracle.
4. Parking will be a nightmare at the game. Stadium lots will be a mess and only partial capacity. Private lots will be scarce, as parking on front lawns ain't happening. Maybe a few of the bigger lots will be open (i.e. mud lot, hammers, etc) but those will be limited as well.

I can't possibly see how the game will be played Sunday at 1pm. That's a given. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to determine this. You'd think that in the best interest of the fans who paid to go to the game, they'd announce when the game is being moved to, and possibly where, so fans can make arrangements.

As for the snow melting, I agree. It's not a couple of feet, it's 7 to 8 feet. Yes warm weather will help it melt, but it will turn into one big slush pile, then at night when it gets down to freezing again, it will become one big pile of ice instead of snow. That will make it a million times harder to clean up and remove, and a lot more dangerous.

better days
11-20-2014, 08:12 AM
7 feet of snow won't melt that quickly.

Again, it is not the Sun alone getting rid of the snow.

People & equipment are involved.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Again, it is not the Sun alone getting rid of the snow.

People & equipment are involved.

What's going to happen when the snow melts, then freezes when temps drop back down at night?

better days
11-20-2014, 08:18 AM
What's going to happen when the snow melts, then freezes when temps drop back down at night?

It will freeze in some field it has been hauled to before it melted.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Gov. Cuomo just said that having the game on Sunday is "impractical".

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Poloncarz just said that they can't commit the deputies to the Bills game.

This isn't looking good for Sunday.

lordofgun
11-20-2014, 08:30 AM

Excellent post. I bought some cheap tix to the game, and hoping to bring my boys to their first game. I am crossing my fingers for Monday or Tuesday night!

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:33 AM
It will freeze in some field it has been hauled to before it melted.

No way it all gets hauled before it melts unless. There's a better chance of you growing an arm out of your ass.

DetDannyWilliams
11-20-2014, 08:35 AM

Snow is being dumped at Buffalo Central Terminal and old Seneca Mall site

bdutton
11-20-2014, 08:44 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/06a5c74d4c06b75022ccc4010406a9a2/tumblr_nfaydoMm2J1qzag1wo1_500.jpg

Dude
11-20-2014, 08:45 AM
The Bills have already gone on record saying that parking will be severely limited because the snow will be moved into piles in the parking lots. They aren't going to haul it all away.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:48 AM

Have you ever lived in a snowy climate before?

Warm weather like that will make the task more difficult, not easier. More difficult and more arduous as well.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:50 AM

Actially it wouldn't give them all day Monday. The film, officiating, team crews, etc. all need to come and set up on Monday. It's not like everything rolls in at 5 p.m. and is ready for the game at 8.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:51 AM

Friendly wager. I say that the game does not go off this weekend or Monday or Tuesday. I'll add that it's not even close.

The only exception I'll make is if they concede that no one's coming and play the game but with hardly any fans in the stadium. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

This is epic.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:52 AM
The Bills have already gone on record saying that parking will be severely limited because the snow will be moved into piles in the parking lots. They aren't going to haul it all away.

Hopefully people are smart about it and just take a cab or some other type of public transportation instead of having 20,000 plus cars trying to fit into 10,000 spaces.

Dude
11-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Hopefully people are smart about it and just take a cab or some other type of public transportation instead of having 20,000 plus cars trying to fit into 10,000 spaces.It's hard to carry a grill, coolers, and bags of food onto a bus.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:54 AM

OK, so what are you saying happens given that? ... if it's not going to be cancelled that is.

The only thing I see happening is the team conceding that there won't be many fans, clearing out as much of the lower bowl that they can, having ushered seating with some kind of alternate seating structure for the handful of fans that actually show up with tickets and those with snowmobiles.

So is that kind of what you imagine?

The notion of trucks hauling all that snow away prior to even Tuesday is ludicrous.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Gov. Cuomo just said that having the game on Sunday is "impractical".

LOL

"This just in."

Who thought it was possible after an epic series of snowstorms that just dropped an entire season's worth of snow on the city within 72 hours?

I'm tellin' ya, I don't even think it's practical for Tuesday.

Either they're going to play the game before merely a handful, 5-10K fans, if they're lucky, on Tuesday, or they're going to have to move the game to say UB or something.

Dude
11-20-2014, 09:05 AM
I can't see the NFL approving a game in a 29,000 seat stadium.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2014, 09:08 AM

Nope.

The game will be played in the Ralph.

Tuesday night.

JohnnyGold
11-20-2014, 09:12 AM
I can't possibly see how the game will be played Sunday at 1pm. That's a given. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to determine this. You'd think that in the best interest of the fans who paid to go to the game, they'd announce when the game is being moved to, and possibly where, so fans can make arrangements.

As for the snow melting, I agree. It's not a couple of feet, it's 7 to 8 feet. Yes warm weather will help it melt, but it will turn into one big slush pile, then at night when it gets down to freezing again, it will become one big pile of ice instead of snow. That will make it a million times harder to clean up and remove, and a lot more dangerous.

It's actually kind of alarming that the view point of it "melting away" on saturday is being given any air time whatsoever.

I live out of market, have family in the area, and listen to wgr every morning and afternoon on my commute. This morning, they were talking about how the snow would be gone by monday. And although we're not talking about the Bills specifically in this thread, they have said all week that our season is "basically over" since the loss to miami.

I know these comments will spark a debate, but I'm not here to discuss those issues. I just want to bring up the point that it truly alarms me how much the Buffalo media reports opinions as facts, and then how much the crowd (on here, and other message boards) runs with that message. It's almost literally a scenario where they could say "the sky is green", and people would argue it to their death, sitting under a sunny blue sky...

8-9 feet of snow is not melting tomorrow and saturday
and
the bills are not eliminated from the playoffs (they're a game back), so the nfl won't "just cancel the game already, our season's over!"

It honestly makes me wonder what this place would even look like if the bills went, say, 14-2, and won the Super Bowl some year... would fans even understand the transient significance of the moment? would they be happy?

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 09:17 AM
No way it all gets hauled before it melts unless. There's a better chance of you growing an arm out of your ass.

With his head in the way, that can't happen

MidnightVoice
11-20-2014, 09:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11908094/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-says-new-york-jets-buffalo-bills-game-impractical

"Erie County officials have been in touch with the Bills," Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz said Thursday. "We've been asked: 'Can we commit to having emergency service personnel and the sheriff's office -- the lead police agency -- at the game?' I can tell you right now, at this moment, we cannot commit to having emergency service personnel, and the sheriff's office. At this moment, I cannot commit to that on Sunday."

That does not look promising

SeatownBillsFan21
11-20-2014, 10:04 AM
There moving this game that's for sure the question is to when.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm watching the storm and related developments from my home in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. It got down to 52 degrees a few night's ago, though, and my wife and I were freezing. We are really happy to be here.

Snow was a lot more fun 50 years ago.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2014, 10:14 AM

The last time they had it on such short notice was the Metrodome fiasco, and they moved it initially to Detroit. Pittsburgh is available, as well.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Mark Poloncarz just made a further statement on this in the current briefing, saying that if holding the game meant diverting personnel away from helping others, he could not live with himself, adding "I cannot commit to having any emergency services...to hold a football game on Sunday", adding that there are more important needs to address.

He also added that he was planning to go to the Bills game on Sunday as well.

Right call, sir.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Mark Poloncarz just made a further statement on this in the current briefing, saying that if holding the game meant diverting personnel away from helping others, he could not live with himself, adding "I cannot commit to having any emergency services...to hold a football game on Sunday", adding that there are more important needs to address.

He also added that he was planning to go to the Bills game on Sunday as well.

Right call, sir.

He clearly wants the NFL to not have the game on Sunday.

He just got pissed off and said if the NFL is pushing the Bills to play the game this Sunday then shame on the NFL.

This game will not be played this Sunday at the Ralph.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Poloncarz added that if the NFL was pushing to have the game played regardless of circumstances, "Shame on them. Simple as that."

Apparently, the county exec ain't afraid of The Shield(the NFL, NOT the TV series).

(add-on: Spiked, you beat me to the punch. Well played, sir. Well played. :) )

ckg927
11-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Well, THAT was fast:

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says....hell, no, they're not pushing the Bills to play on Sunday.

better days
11-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Actially it wouldn't give them all day Monday. The film, officiating, team crews, etc. all need to come and set up on Monday. It's not like everything rolls in at 5 p.m. and is ready for the game at 8.

The Airport is open.

The roads will all be open by Sunday.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 10:43 AM
There are roads and streets that have not been plowed yet. These places have 7 + feet of snow.

You seem to think that this is a simple task to complete. It's not. It's nearly impossible

better days
11-20-2014, 10:47 AM
There are roads and streets that have not been plowed yet. These places have 7 + feet of snow.

You seem to think that this is a simple task to complete. It's not. It's nearly impossible

I would bet the major roads have all been plowed already.

Maybe some side streets have not, but I know they are working around the clock on it.

And it is not like the entire area of WNY was buried.

It is limited to the South Towns.

And do you think they waited until all 7 feet of snow fell before they got the plows out & started plowing?

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM

Maybe some side streets have not, but I know they are working around the clock on it.

And do you think they waited until all 7 feet of snow fell before they got the plows out & started plowing?

I know they did wait in areas.
Living here, I talk to people who are actually in he impacted areas.

And they are at the point where normal plows don't work. The equipment is limited. Many towns still have travel bans. Not only do they need to plow snow, they need to find a place for it. They need to clear major roadways. They need to get trapped vehicles unstuck and moved.

Pinkerton Security
11-20-2014, 11:03 AM

dude. they're likely not gonna play at the original time, or perhaps not even in Buffalo.

Dude
11-20-2014, 11:10 AM

And they are at the point where normal plows don't work. The equipment is limited. Many towns still have travel bans. Not only do they need to plow snow, they need to find a place for it. They need to clear major roadways. They need to get trapped vehicles unstuck and moved.
C'mon, what do you people in Buffalo know about this?

Historian
11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I vote for moving the game to Thanksgiving!

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 11:36 AM
I vote for moving the game to Thanksgiving!

No chance unless they move the following week's Browns game.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 12:25 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Bills coaches are preparing with the expectation that the game will be on Monday night and moved to either Detroit, Pittsburgh or Washington.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 12:32 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Bills coaches are preparing with the expectation that the game will be on Monday night and moved to either Detroit, Pittsburgh or Washington.

Just heard this reported on WBEN.

don137
11-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Surprised they wouldn't move to game to Carrier Dome or Cleveland.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports just tweeted that the league is in talks to move the game to either Detroit or the Meadowlands.

A formal announcement is expected later today.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Surprised they wouldn't move to game to Carrier Dome or Cleveland.

Apparently the Dome is holding a minor league hockey game Saturday night, the field wouldn't be ready.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports just tweeted that the league is in talks to move the game to either Detroit or the Meadowlands.

A formal announcement is expected later today.

Giving the Jets a home game out of this would be some major BS.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Wait, so they aren't cancelling the game and don't expect all the snow to be gone in the next 2-3 days????

WTF???????????????

ckg927
11-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Giving the Jets a home game out of this would be some major BS.

Two options that I can see:

1(the more likely): The game is played in Detroit.

2: The game goes to the Meadowlands, but the Jets will be the away team.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 12:51 PM
2: The game goes to the Meadowlands, but the Jets will be the away team.

That's like me telling you I'll sleep with your wife, but I'll dress up like you. So that way it's not cheating.

Historian
11-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Even better.

Just apply my refund to next year's seasons!

ckg927
11-20-2014, 12:58 PM
That's like me telling you I'll sleep with your wife, but I'll dress up like you. So that way it's not cheating.

Indeed.

However there IS precedent: Years ago, all of the Bisons' Governors Cup games against Richmond were played up here as Richmond's field was unplayable due to LOTS of rain.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 01:00 PM
**** the NFL if they move it to the Meadowlands.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Now Vic Carruci of the News is reporting that Detroit or Pittsburgh are the most likely sites if the NFL moves the game.

better days
11-20-2014, 01:03 PM
dude. they're likely not gonna play at the original time, or perhaps not even in Buffalo.

I doubt the game will be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday, but I will bet it is played in Buffalo.

Dude
11-20-2014, 01:05 PM
I doubt the game will be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday, but I will bet it is played in Buffalo.Despite the fact that the NFL is looking to move the game? Not to mention the 7 feet of snow covering most of the Southtowns?

You must have some really high placed sources.

better days
11-20-2014, 01:05 PM

I heard a guy on WGR yesterday that said he drove by the Stadium, the road was open.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 01:06 PM
I doubt the game will be played at 1:00 PM on Sunday, but I will bet it is played in Buffalo.

The NFL is in talks to move the game, it's not being played here.

Dude
11-20-2014, 01:07 PM
The NFL is in talks to move the game, it's not being played here.A guy said the road was open. It's OK.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 01:07 PM
A guy said the road was open. It's OK.

Oh the road is open? GAME ON!!!!!!!

better days
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Despite the fact that the NFL is looking to move the game? Not to mention the 7 feet of snow covering most of the Southtowns?

So when are they going to make an announcement about moving the game out of Buffalo?

Dude
11-20-2014, 01:10 PM
So when are they going to make an announcement about moving the game out of Buffalo?Reports say tomorrow afternoon.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 01:13 PM
I heard a guy on WGR yesterday that said he drove by the Stadium, the road was open.

THERE IS A DRIVING BAN IN ORCHARD PARK. ROADS ARE NOT OPEN. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE VILLAGE OF ORCHARD PARK.

Look, I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Not good looking either. And a whole bunch of other things

But trust when I say it's a ****ing mess in that area

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Despite the fact that the NFL is looking to move the game? Not to mention the 7 feet of snow covering most of the Southtowns?

I think the word "placed" should be removed from your post

better days
Reports say tomorrow afternoon.

What are they waiting for?

If they are going to move the game, they should let people know asap.

Dude
THERE IS A DRIVING BAN IN ORCHARD PARK. ROADS ARE NOT OPEN. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE VILLAGE OF ORCHARD PARK.

Look, I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Not good looking either. And a whole bunch of other things

But trust when I say it's a ****ing mess in that areaYou have no idea what you're talking about.

Dude
11-20-2014, 01:15 PM
What are they waiting for?

If they are going to move the game, they should let people know asap.I don't work for the NFL. However, I'm smart enough to figure out on my own that moving an NFL game requires some serious logistics, and they need time to determine what the best solution is.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 01:16 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do I ever?

better days
11-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Do I ever?

On occasion, but not usually.

bdutton
11-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Now Vic Carruci of the News is reporting that Detroit or Pittsburgh are the most likely sites if the NFL moves the game.

Pittsburgh would be the best choice. I think it would be more fan friendly to the Bills. I think if its in Detroit, whoever does go to the game are likely Detroit fans and not happy with the Bills after we beat them.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Pittsburgh would be the best choice. I think it would be more fan friendly to the Bills. I think if its in Detroit, whoever does go to the game are likely Detroit fans and not happy with the Bills after we beat them.

From what I'm hearing Pittsburgh is a bad idea. That field will be in piss poor shape Sunday. Friday there's some high school games there and Saturday a college football game.

OLDSRIP
11-20-2014, 01:54 PM

But trust when I say it's a ****ing mess in that area

I agree. I lucked out. I am just outside the area.
I have been talking to friends and family in the hardest hit areas.
these people can't even get their driveways clear. There is 5' plus of heavy wet snow packed in. And it is snowing hard today. Normal snow blowers, pickup trucks with plows and chains and even the big city plows are useless.

If you never experienced how wet and heavy this snow is, you have no idea how heavy it is.
Now add the predicted thaw and rain. It's going to get worse. Roofs are collapsing now.

Everything is being removed with pay loaders and other heavy equipment with buckets.
And since there is so much snow, each load has to be taken some ware by dump truck. It can't just be pushed aside like a normal snowfall or storm.

And there are driving bans everywhere. I can't even get to people houses to help.

As a friend of mine put it. "This is the WNY version of a major hurricane or earthquake".

Dude
11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NFL source just confirmed story <a href="https://twitter.com/nypost">@nypost</a> broke first: Jets <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> game won&#39;t be Sunday in Buffalo. Game will be Mon in either Det or Wash</p>&mdash; NYPost_Cannizzaro (@MarkCannizzaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkCannizzaro/status/535532611675107328">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Crap if it's in Detroit I might go

CoolBreeze
11-20-2014, 02:30 PM
<iframe style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; width: 500px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 99%; box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);" id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" title="Embedded Tweet" height="212" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
<script charset="utf-8" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async=""></script>

<iframe style="display: none;" id="rufous-sandbox" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no"></iframe>Nice.. My question now is what time and will it be televised? My best guess is the NFL makes a double header monday night.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 02:38 PM
<iframe style="display: none;" id="rufous-sandbox" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>Nice.. My question now is what time and will it be televised? My best guess is the NFL makes a double header monday night.

Or they put one game on The Mothership(ESPN)and the other one goes on ESPN 2.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think they can do that

Contractually the game belongs to CBS and will be shown in the local markets. They can't just move it.

MikeInRoch
11-20-2014, 02:51 PM

How much would you like to bet?

Mr. Pink
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Bills-Jets officially will not be played in Buffalo according to Channel 4.

No announcement yet as to where it will be played.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/andrew-cuomo-impractical-for-jets-to-play-at-buffalo-bills-sunday-1.9637329

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/20/report-epic-snowstorm-could-push-jets-bills-as-late-as-tuesday/

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Buffalo News says Detroit.

I bet they are moving there because it's easier for Ralph and he is cheap.

JohnnyGold
11-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Hopefully it airs nationally.

IDK why CBS wouldn't cut their normal broadcast to air it... it's an NFL game with a team from NYC. If I was president of CBS, I would make it a special national broadcast. Seems ridiculous not to.

DetDannyWilliams
11-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Rumor now is that snow has brought down three roofs of the dugout suites. those are the suites that go around the stadium at the 100 level.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2014, 04:18 PM

IDK why CBS wouldn't cut their normal broadcast to air it... it's an NFL game with a team from NYC. If I was president of CBS, I would make it a special national broadcast. Seems ridiculous not to.

I think it's a contract issue with espn.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a contract issue with espn.

trapezeus
11-20-2014, 04:21 PM
detroit makes no sense. why not just go to toronto or syracuse? at least give the half of buffalo who can travel from the north towns a chance to support the team.

if they move this to detroit, no one can drive to this game. so who is going buy a flight last second to see this?

if they go to DC, same issue about a car drive.

the just smacks of the nfl just wanting to jam a game in no matter what. neither of these teams are in the playoff race, just cancel the game and call it a loss for both of them.

JohnnyGold
11-20-2014, 04:31 PM
detroit makes no sense. why not just go to toronto or syracuse? at least give the half of buffalo who can travel from the north towns a chance to support the team.

if they move this to detroit, no one can drive to this game. so who is going buy a flight last second to see this?

if they go to DC, same issue about a car drive.

the just smacks of the nfl just wanting to jam a game in no matter what. neither of these teams are in the playoff race, just cancel the game and call it a loss for both of them.

jesus christ.

WERE ONE GAME BACK WITH 6 TO GO!

Imagine if we lose this week, and then miss the playoffs by one game.

Dude
11-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Logistically, Toronto would be difficult to pull off on short notice due to the fact that everyone needs a passport. Those who don't have them wouldn't be able to get them in time. Plus I thought I read that the Rogers Centre isn't set up for football right now.

I assume they haven't considered the Carrier Dome due to the capacity.

better days
11-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Logistically, Toronto would be difficult to pull off on short notice due to the fact that everyone needs a passport. Those who don't have them wouldn't be able to get them in time. Plus I thought I read that the Rogers Centre isn't set up for football right now.

I assume they haven't considered the Carrier Dome due to the capacity.

There is going to be an AHL Hockey game in the Carrier Dome Sunday night.

Can't get it ready for Football by Monday.

Dude
11-20-2014, 04:51 PM
There is going to be an AHL Hockey game in the Carrier Dome Sunday night.

Can't get it ready for Football by Monday.
In all seriousness, do you ever read any news?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/11/syracuse_carrier_dome_available_buffalo_bills_nfl_monday.html

better days
11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
In all seriousness, do you ever read any news?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/11/syracuse_carrier_dome_available_buffalo_bills_nfl_monday.html

I heard it on WGR, blame them.

OpIv37
11-20-2014, 05:00 PM
jesus christ.

This has been explained to you. We lose tiebreakers to every team in the wc race.

Also, if we lose to the Jets we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Downinfloflo
11-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I heard it on WGR, blame them.

Why? It's your fault.

better days
11-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Why? It's your fault.

OK FINE, Blame me I have broad shoulders.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Play it in Toronto.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Or play it in NJ where the Jets play.

Yankee stadium?

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2014, 05:46 PM
jesus christ.

We're 8th in the wildcard standings with only 2 spots available. We're 1.5 games behind the 2nd wildcard & still have to play in Denver & New England and have green Bay at home. Imagine if we win & still miss the playoffs by 3 or 4 games because that's much more realistic.

Mike13
11-20-2014, 06:34 PM
The Bills vs the Jets in Detroit, now thats the saddest sentence I've ever read.

Scumbag College
11-20-2014, 06:48 PM
The Bills vs the Jets in Detroit, now thats the saddest sentence I've ever read.

Alright that made me laugh...

Add in "On Christmas Day" and/or "Special Half Time Menudo Reunion" and I'm going out the nearest window.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Don't mess with Menudo!!!!

DraftBoy
11-20-2014, 07:13 PM
120 Sports is reporting the game will be in Detroit on Monday night.

BidsJr
11-20-2014, 07:33 PM
120 Sports is reporting the game will be in Detroit on Monday night.

7est on Monday in det per nfl net.

- - - Updated - - -

Only broadcast int buffalo and ny markets. ):