PDA

View Full Version : The Ralph

The King
11-19-2014, 10:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10514674_10202782959086265_6384715839243007823_n.jpg?oh=daa507d4fbaf8a6c3d12d7adcee0bc08&oe=5511F5F8&__gda__=1428169198_c81146cd37d2b26377ea5a1730e26303

Fletch
11-19-2014, 10:35 AM
WHOA!

Yeah, don't see this working for Sunday.

They'll have to play at St. John Fisher. : D

SpikedLemonade
11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Play it on Tuesday night so it does not interfere with MNF.

Tuesday would be no different than a Thursday night game.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Three more feet and I'm not sure they're playing there for at least another week or two.

Keep in mind that they'll first just have to get people there to clean the place up. That looks like it's going to be days maybe a week or so with more snow. I remember a storm that dropped 3' in 8 hours about 25 years ago, things were closed for the better part of a week. 7' they're saying.

feldspar
11-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Crazy

justasportsfan
11-19-2014, 10:45 AM
that should keep Marrone from punting

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 10:47 AM

lol

feldspar
11-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Think they'll be able to clean it up by Sunday, though.

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2014, 11:11 AM
They will play!

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Pile the snow in the visitor's locker room

EDS
11-19-2014, 12:03 PM
The cynical side of me can see GM's from other teams using these photos when talking to free agents who have also expressed an interest in Buffalo: Sure you want to sign with Buffalo?

Obviously as Buffalo fans we would not want a guy who could not handle the cold and snow!

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 12:05 PM
I'd play on...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see Michael Vick try to run around in that stuff.

swiper
11-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Only a Canadian would suggest such a thing.

swiper
11-19-2014, 12:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/513490631923367936/tKmmkOk0_normal.jpegMike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)

Bills VP Andy Major: “We have not had this much snow, as far as we know, in the history of our team."

EDS
11-19-2014, 12:21 PM
The video of Fred Jackson tossing his kids in the snow is awesome.

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2014, 12:29 PM
On FB I saw the Bills offering 10 bucks an hour and free tickets to people who help shovel out the stadium, so it seems as though they're definitely gonna try to get it in! Im sure its a logistical nightmare to move an NFL game that has been scheduled for months, plus TV coverages, etc. We'll see but Id imagine they get it in.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 12:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10514674_10202782959086265_6384715839243007823_n.jpg?oh=daa507d4fbaf8a6c3d12d7adcee0bc08&oe=5511F5F8&__gda__=1428169198_c81146cd37d2b26377ea5a1730e26303

What would Roscoe think of this?

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 12:58 PM
The Bills just announced on WGR that the game is going on as scheduled, on Sunday.

They're advertising for shovelers for $10/HR + game tickets.

Forward_Lateral
11-19-2014, 01:04 PM
On FB I saw the Bills offering 10 bucks an hour and free tickets to people who help shovel out the stadium, so it seems as though they're definitely gonna try to get it in! Im sure its a logistical nightmare to move an NFL game that has been scheduled for months, plus TV coverages, etc. We'll see but Id imagine they get it in.

Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Remember a few years ago when the Metrodome imploded?

coastal
11-19-2014, 01:12 PM
$10/hour, a shovel, a ticket and throw in a few Genny Creamers and U gochyoself a deal.

better days
11-19-2014, 01:13 PM

That is what they did after the Blizzard of 77.

Hundreds of people shoveling out snow from seats & aisles.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 01:21 PM
$10/hour, a shovel, a ticket and throw in a few Genny Creamers and U gochyoself a deal.

Head out and do it.

swiper
11-19-2014, 01:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YpYbjCrab9s/UKwQo3xz54I/AAAAAAAACq4/jFPylVUDFis/s1600/2012-11-19_16-05-32_146.jpg

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2014, 01:36 PM
If I was in Western NY I'd be there!

OLDSRIP
11-19-2014, 02:02 PM
The problem right now is the driving bans. Many people couldn't get to the stadium today if they had to.
I'm not far away and there are a few towns that can't be driven through.

I don't see them getting it cleaned on time. I have shoveled there in the past.
And I also cleaned up after concerts and games, why back when.

jamze132
11-19-2014, 02:14 PM
They should move the game back to late afternoon or even in the evening to give more time for cleanup. But the thought of a snow-covered field would surely inhibit the mobility of Vick.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 02:17 PM
The problem right now is the driving bans. Many people couldn't get to the stadium today if they had to.
I'm not far away and there are a few towns that can't be driven through.

I don't see them getting it cleaned on time. I have shoveled there in the past.
And I also cleaned up after concerts and games, why back when.

I think the high temperatures on Saturday and Sunday will help more than anything.

OpIv37
11-19-2014, 02:18 PM
They should move the game back to late afternoon or even in the evening to give more time for cleanup. But the thought of a snow-covered field would surely inhibit the mobility of Vick.

And Orton. Oh wait- Orton inhibits the mobility of Orton.

Albany,n.y.
11-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Only a Canadian would suggest such a thing.

I'm surprised no Canadians have said move the game to Toronto. Would Vick be allowed to enter Canada?

Mr. Cynical
11-19-2014, 02:27 PM

:lol:

Albany,n.y.
11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
That is what they did after the Blizzard of 77.

Hundreds of people shoveling out snow from seats & aisles.

It was in late January, long after the Bills season was over, so nobody was getting the stadium ready for a game.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Remember a few years ago when the Metrodome imploded?

Yeah you should remember that one, it happened right after our game there - the "Don't Cross the Moats" game.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 02:35 PM
I think the high temperatures on Saturday and Sunday will help more than anything.

Not at all. The slight warming combined with probable rain will saturate the huge amount of snowfall with tremendous weight. The weather channel had a feature on a 16 x 20 roof - a garage. They went through the math and determined that the roof of that garage will have to support 4,800 lb. to survive.

This snowfall is a disaster that reaches far beyond game attendance efforts and the profit the new owner makes if the game isn't cancelled and played at a later date.

DetDannyWilliams
11-19-2014, 03:24 PM
UB game now postponed for tonight against Kent St.

DetDannyWilliams
11-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Snow is really coming down here in Akron 7-10 inches! expected here.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Pile the snow in the visitor's locker room

Stuff their team buses with it during the game.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 03:53 PM
I don't see them getting it cleaned on time.

Yeah, I don't either.

The average snowfall in Buffalo is just shy of 100". I read 94" just now. If the stadium area got 4' and 2-3' more is anticipated, that's an entire season's worth of snow in a couple of days, essentially all at once. They may play the game but I doubt that more than a few thousand fans could get there. 10-20K if they're lucky.

If they could get rid of most of the snow that's there now before the next 2-3' then they might be OK, but with that on top of what's there, I don't see them being able to ditch it all and haul it all away by then.

Possible that they simply clean out the lower levels and jury rig the seating process or something? I don't see even half the ticket holders showing up.

Fletch
11-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Gotta get the shovelers to the stadium first. 3 more feet on Thursday (tomorrow) and I don't see that happening.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Not at all. The slight warming combined with probable rain will saturate the huge amount of snowfall with tremendous weight. The weather channel had a feature on a 16 x 20 roof - a garage. They went through the math and determined that the roof of that garage will have to support 4,800 lb. to survive.

This snowfall is a disaster that reaches far beyond game attendance efforts and the profit the new owner makes if the game isn't cancelled and played at a later date.

I don't recall seeing any garages in the stadium.

I'm only talking about the physics of clearing the stadium. I was commenting on a post that said it couldn't be done. Everything else is a totally different issue. I don't have an opinion on whether the game should be postponed. It doesn't affect me at all, and that decision will be made by people who have data and expertise.

The temperatures are going to be in the high 50s, and many of the seats are made of metal. Clearing the playing surface would be no problem at all.

The stadium could absolutely be readied for the game. The infrastructure, probably not. But that wasn't what my post was about.

YardRat
11-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Worst case scenario they move it to Monday night.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Worst case scenario they move it to Monday night.

Worst case scenario is a handful of folks relatively unaffected going to a game while southtown folks are dealing with buried cars and drives and collapsed roofs. If they move it to Monday night (and even if weather was good, who wants such an inconvenience vs. a planned-on Sunday at 1 PM?), it's because they don't want to refund ticket buyers...BUF and the NFL front office.

This is an unprecedented, oddball weather occurrence. They should - Bills and NFL - cancel it and schedule it in the coming weeks. I think they are lining themselves up for a PR problem if they don't.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 06:32 PM
They should - Bills and NFL - cancel it and schedule it in the coming weeks. I think they are lining themselves up for a PR problem if they don't.

So, you think the Bills should play two games in one week?

Please. You're blinded by your tears.

It's an awful situation, what's happening to many people here because of the storm, but one thing has nothing to do with the other.

The highways and streets need to be cleared, regardless, so it's not like the Bills would be using public resources and taking them away from people.

Postponing the game more than two days would create a logistical nightmare, and it's unnecessary. The Bills not playing this week helps no one.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
So, you think the Bills should play two games in one week?

Please. You're blinded by your tears.

It's an awful situation, what's happening to many people here because of the storm, but one thing has nothing to do with the other.

The highways and streets need to be cleared, regardless, so it's not like the Bills would be using public resources and taking them away from people.

Postponing the game more than two days would create a logistical nightmare, and it's unnecessary. The Bills not playing this week helps no one.

Re-read carefully. There are several weeks left in the season. A fart contest between a 2 and 8 disaster and a 5 and 5 pretender can be postponed to the end of the season or any time in the next 6 weeks. It is inconsequential. The only logistical nightmare would be on the part of the Bills scheduling their low-cost stadium help or convincing non-season tix holder nincompoops to fork over $.

Do you have tickets for this epic battle? You seem emphatic on having it go on.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Re-read carefully. There are several weeks left in the season. A fart contest between a 2 and 8 disaster and a 5 and 5 pretender can be postponed to the end of the season or any time in the next 6 weeks. It is inconsequential. The only logistical nightmare would be on the part of the Bills scheduling their low-cost stadium help or convincing non-season tix holder nincompoops to fork over $.

Do you have tickets for this epic battle? You seem emphatic on having it go on.

There are ZERO weeks in which the Bills are not already scheduled to play a game.

How thick are you?

This isn't baseball, where you can tack on a doubleheader.

Adding games affects other teams, travel plans, countless factors.

If you think the rest of the games are inconsequential, then why pay attention at all?

This is Buffalo. This is what we do. We pick ourselves up, we dig out, we proceed with our lives.

better days
11-19-2014, 08:00 PM
There are ZERO weeks in which the Bills are not already scheduled to play a game.

How thick are you?

If you think the rest of the games are inconsequential, then why pay attention at all?

This is Buffalo. This is what we do. We pick ourselves up, we dig out, we proceed with our lives.

You are talking to a guy that is STUCK IN CINCY.

He can't get himself out of that SH-THOLE so he thinks the rest of the World is powerless like him.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:08 PM

How thick are you?

Er...the NFL has rescheduled games due to weather before this. I understand that you are one of those weaklings that infect society, having the need to compensate with insults and denigration. Don't tell me about Buffalo. I lived there before you and your self-centered ilk were born.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:13 PM
You are talking to a guy that is STUCK IN CINCY.

He can't get himself out of that SH-THOLE so he thinks the rest of the World is powerless like him.

So - are you going to fly up to Bflo - the airport is open - and go out and shovel? You can do it...put your money where your mouth is. You can be powerful. Go ahead and do it. Be an example for me, for us all. Post a picture from the stadium, shovel in hand, when you get there and labor. Teach me a lesson by your actions, boy.

better days
11-19-2014, 08:23 PM
So - are you going to fly up to Bflo - the airport is open - and go out and shovel? You can do it...put your money where your mouth is. You can be powerful. Go ahead and do it. Be an example for me, for us all. Post a picture from the stadium, shovel in hand, when you get there and labor. Teach me a lesson by your actions, boy.

You are always telling other people how to spend their money.

Pay for a first class round trip plane ticket for me & also pay for my Hotel Bill & I will go up there & shovel snow.

Put your money where your mouth is.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 08:42 PM
You are always telling other people how to spend their money.

Pay for a first class round trip plane ticket for me & also pay for my Hotel Bill & I will go up there & shovel snow.

Put your money where your mouth is.

You told others to go and shovel. I told you to go and join them. But you want other folks to pay for you. Are you some sort of welfare queen?

better days
11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
You told others to go and shovel. I told you to go and join them. But you want other folks to pay for you. Are you some sort of welfare queen?

I DID NOT tell anyone else to go shovel snow.

You must work for the Government because you like to tell other people how to spend their money.

How do you like it when the shoe is on the other foot?

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
I DID NOT tell anyone else to go shovel snow.

You must work for the Government because you like to tell other people how to spend their money.

How do you like it when the shoe is on the other foot?

See your post in the thread titled All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

And no, I don't work for the government. Stop your baseless assumptions. And I don't suck a single penny out of any taxpayer. Nobody pays for my health costs, food, housing, taxes, heat, air conditioning, telephone, cable, food, you name it, but ME.

better days
11-19-2014, 09:22 PM
See your post in the thread titled All that snow: What's it mean for Sunday?

And no, I don't work for the government. Stop your baseless assumptions. And I don't suck a single penny out of any taxpayer. Nobody pays for my health costs, food, housing, taxes, heat, air conditioning, telephone, cable, food, you name it, but ME.

OK, what is the post # in that thread?

Again I NEVER told anyone else to go shovel snow in ANY thread.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Er...the NFL has rescheduled games due to weather before this. I understand that you are one of those weaklings that infect society, having the need to compensate with insults and denigration. Don't tell me about Buffalo. I lived there before you and your self-centered ilk were born.

Weaklings? You're the pu.ssy who thinks everyone should stay home and hold candlelight vigils for lost garage roofs.

The NFL has NEVER made a team play two games in one week. Never.

You're the buffoon who can't grasp the concept that the bye week has happened already. And since the rest of the Bills' games left this year occur on Sundays, your asinine solution would have them play THREE GAMES in an 8 day span.

You're a simpleton.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Don't tell me about Buffalo. I lived there before you and your self-centered ilk were born.

So, you were lived in Buffalo before "my ilk" were born? Do you know what that word means? Even if you're lamely struggling to call me the worst thing your tiny pea brain can conjure up, chances are pretty good that another of that "ilk" existed hundreds, even thousands of years ago.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Did the driver of the short bus run you over before you had a chance to board?

The public school system and your gene pool owe you an apology.

stuckincincy
11-19-2014, 10:22 PM
So, you were lived in Buffalo before "my ilk" were born? Do you know what that word means? Even if you're lamely struggling to call me the worst thing your tiny pea brain can conjure up, chances are pretty good that another of that "ilk" existed hundreds, even thousands of years ago.

The public school system and your gene pool owe you an apology.

You amuse me.

All you have in your arsenal is spew and personal attack. I'm aware of your type - likely a product of the "modern" education, social promotion, trophies for just showing up, perhaps a "child of divorce", likely couldn't recognize an antilog if it hit you in your forehead, near-zero reading of history or geography. Never realized the subtle capabilities of a slide rule.

What's your game? Not capable of a shred of logical thought, never changed a spark plug or a shock, never put up sheet rock and painted a wall and laid it on and laid it off, never snapped a chalk line or worked out a redox equation, never worked a crossword or a cryptic or a rebus?

Ever planted rows of crops, dug cisterns, flashed roofing, laid sewer pipe, sank footers, nailed up joists, operated an NMR, published a hundred and more of technical specs, managed 500 folks in a manufacturing business?

Get off my back, sonny. Or tell me your list of accomplishments and why you are snippy with me.

WagonCircler
11-19-2014, 11:02 PM
You amuse me.

All you have in your arsenal is spew and personal attack. I'm aware of your type - likely a product of the "modern" education, social promotion, trophies for just showing up, perhaps a "child of divorce", likely couldn't recognize an antilog if it hit you in your forehead, near-zero reading of history or geography. Never realized the subtle capabilities of a slide rule.

What's your game? Not capable of a shred of logical thought, never changed a spark plug or a shock, never put up sheet rock and painted a wall and laid it on and laid it off, never snapped a chalk line or worked out a redox equation, never worked a crossword or a cryptic or a rebus?

Ever planted rows of crops, dug cisterns, flashed roofing, laid sewer pipe, sank footers, nailed up joists, operated an NMR, published a hundred and more of technical specs, managed 500 folks in a manufacturing business?

Get off my back, sonny. Or tell me your list of accomplishments and why you are snippy with me.

Ummm, so, Mr. Slide Rule, how about that whole "3 games in the span of 8 days" thing?

Yeah, you're a regular Mensa member.

Here's a word of advice that will help you in the future.

Step one: Think

Step two: type.

Do not reverse the steps, or you come off sounding like a complete jackass.

Meathead
11-20-2014, 03:59 AM

i will be there but this is the shovel im gonna bring

http://patinawhite.typepad.com/.a/6a0112796e7f7c28a40120a4c9b0df970b-320pi

Fletch
11-20-2014, 05:41 AM

LOL

These threads ...

... they crack me up.

better days
11-20-2014, 07:16 AM

This post is LIES about what I said.

Just as the people that thanked your posts lie about what I say, so do you.

I NEVER told anyone to go shovel snow in any thread.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2014, 08:14 AM
There's no way it would be logistically possible to move the game to any later than Tuesday, I believe. Unless they moved it to Thursday night, but then the Bills would play 2 games in the span of 4 days, and it would be the second time they'd have to do that. I think that probably violates the CBA.

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2014, 08:47 AM
I know there are only 29,000 seats, but if the snow is significantly less in Amherst, why not play it at UB Stadium if the Ralph is not available. They could refund all tickets for the game & then sell tickets to season ticket holders based on seniority. The game would still have a home crowd.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 09:03 AM
I know there are only 29,000 seats, but if the snow is significantly less in Amherst, why not play it at UB Stadium if the Ralph is not available. They could refund all tickets for the game & then sell tickets to season ticket holders based on seniority. The game would still have a home crowd.

That's going to be more than they have at the game on Monday or Tuesday.

Having said this, and considering this thread, they probably want to have the game at the stadium knowing that people can't come but at the same time not having to offer refunds.

- - - Updated - - -

This post is LIES about what I said.

Just as the people that thanked your posts lie about what I say, so do you.

I NEVER told anyone to go shovel snow in any thread.

How does it feel?

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2014, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Fletch;4024832]That's going to be more than they have at the game on Monday or Tuesday.

Having said this, and considering this thread, they probably want to have the game at the stadium knowing that people can't come but at the same time not having to offer refunds.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering what the Sabres did, offering exchanges for the game played earlier this week, I believe the Pegulas would offer exchanges, possibly going into next season since there are only 2 home games left after this one, or refunds, if they play the game at the Ralph. They would not make the fans who couldn't show up eat the tickets.