PDA

View Full Version : "Old school" Marrone

Mace
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm not a Marrone fan, but it smells like repeating Schwartz sticking it to him to me. I think it's a bad sign.

“It’s been too many times where ... we don’t take chances,” Williams told Jay Skurski of The News. “I feel like teams around this league, the reason why they’re successful most times is because they do take chances and they are confident about their defense going out there and making three stops at midfield, even, heck at the 20-yard line.

“I encourage Coach to be aggressive and just believe in the defense,” Williams said. “I tell myself this and I joke about it, but sometimes I really mean it. I feel like if we can’t make a fourth-and-1, we shouldn’t be able to win that game. Fourth-and-1 is literally just taking one step.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/marrones-outdated-approach-undermines-bills-potential-20141119

Mace
11-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Can't edit myself for some reason, that defense has not redoubtably stopped anyone at money time and time for them to take care of their own game.

djjimkelly
11-19-2014, 11:50 PM
its sad but the bills must fire this guy and try again hopefully with better results.

even the players know hes in over his head

GreedoII
11-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Marrone is Mike Tice 2.0. Big...dumb...dopey...clueless

Ed
11-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Nothing makes me turn on a coach faster than punting in the opponents territory on 4th and short. I hate it. It's the most gutless call in football.

DynaPaul
11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
A wise man once said "Efforts don't equal results." Looks like we're not getting the latter despite the former...