PDA

View Full Version : There will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2014, 08:39 AM
In the past we've seen some posts that after the new stadium is built, assuming it has a dome, the NFL will award a Super Bowl to Buffalo. Well, any chance of one died this week. There's no way the NFL will ever put a Super Bowl in Buffalo between this storm & the Blizzard of 1977, which happened right around the time they play the Super Bowl.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 08:47 AM
OK

Were you under some impression that there was a good chance that there was ever going to be a Super Bowl in Buffalo otherwise?

I wasn't.

Bill Cody
11-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Damn I was going to buy tickets

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2014, 08:53 AM
OK

Were you under some impression that there was a good chance that there was ever going to be a Super Bowl in Buffalo otherwise?

I wasn't.

I was referring to the ones who posted reasons why Buffalo would get a Super Bowl in the 2020s. Obviously you were not among them. Neither was I, but any chance, which was slim, just became none this week.

WagonCircler
11-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I couldn't care less about having a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

I just want a Super Bowl parade in Buffalo.

Dude
11-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Unless a new stadium comes with a ****load of new hotels, there will never be a Super Bowl in Buffalo.

Fletch
11-20-2014, 09:01 AM
I was referring to the ones who posted reasons why Buffalo would get a Super Bowl in the 2020s. Obviously you were not among them. Neither was I, but any chance, which was slim, just became none this week.

Gotcha.

I'm not even sure that this will hammer home the message to that contingent though.

DynaPaul
11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
I still think it's a given being that the Pegulas build a high-tech facility.

ckg927
11-20-2014, 10:51 AM
By the way, are you aware that there is a 150-page or so document mentioning what any city has to have in order to bid on the Super Bowl? No? Well, here's a few choice bon mots:

-16 months before the game, the league will send 180 people to the host city for a "familiarization trip". The host city must cover all expenses.
-The host city must give the league the use of at least 20 billboards...at no charge.
-On game day, the NFL gets up to 35,000 parking spots near the stadium...free.
-Hotels where players stay must carry the NFL Network on their cable TV systems for at least a year BEFORE the SB.
-The league requires exclusive access to 3 golf courses(again, free)to host a tournament on SB weekend, AND two "top quality" bowling alleys(free!)for a bowling tourney the Wednesday before the SB.

There's a LOT more, but those are just some of the requirements.

WagonCircler
11-20-2014, 11:11 AM
AND two "top quality" bowling alleys(free!)for a bowling tourney the Wednesday before the SB.

We got this!!!!! Voelkers and Kenmore Lanes.

That would be freaking hilarious.

better days
11-20-2014, 02:15 PM
It was a HUGE Fla Rainstorm the year the Colts won the Super Bowl in Miami.

a HARD rain the entire game.

Miami should not be allowed to host a Super Bowl again.

Night Train
11-20-2014, 04:06 PM
On a positive note, the Ice Capades will come every year !

BLeonard
11-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Pretty sure it snowed in Dallas (Arlington, whatever) during Super Bowl week the year they had it in JerryWorld...

I also recall them having seating issues, forcing people who bought tickets to stand outside and watch the game on a big screen...

I'm guessing, using this logic, they won't put another Super Bowl in JerryWorld, either, right...?

-Bill

better days
11-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Pretty sure it snowed in Dallas (Arlington, whatever) during Super Bowl week the year they had it in JerryWorld...

I also recall them having seating issues, forcing people who bought tickets to stand outside and watch the game on a big screen...

I'm guessing, using this logic, they won't put another Super Bowl in JerryWorld, either, right...?

-Bill

You are right.

Jerry sold thousands of non existent seats to fans.

Jerry & the NFL were sued over this.

And yes it snowed & Ice was dropping onto peoples heads from the roof of the Stadium.

I think it will be a LONG time before another Super Bowl is played in Dallas.

Scumbag College
11-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Build a monstrosity of a stadium in Los Angeles and put the SB there every year. It barely ever rains and the NFL can lease the stadium out until they move the Rams or Raiders back there. The NFL is back in LA and since the Super Bowl isn't really "real fan accessible" it would fit right in in that city. Problem solved.