X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

NFL Network showing the game at midnight

For anyone who wants to stay up or people on the west coast, the NFL Network is replaying the game at midnight Monday/Tuesday.

I hated when they moved it to Monday night because I'm flying to Oakland, but now I'll be arriving just in time to catch the replay at 9PM. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have either booked a Tuesday flight or have left last Wednesday & caught the Raiders/KC game.
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: NFL Network showing the game at midnight

Midnight ET? Geez. Glad I'm going.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

I'll watch it live...

But I wonder if they are going to cut out bits and pieces of the game when the NFL Network replays it.

Ever try to watch a replay of a game on that station? "Coming up, the Bills force a fumble and score a TD." Things like this. They give away what's about to happen before commercial breaks. They also don't show games the same way it was broadcast live in a lot of other ways. Dunno if they'll have a chance to put in their spoilers and everything else with the short amount of time they'll have to broadcast the game.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Since the schedule says 3 hours I don't think they'll be too much of a difference between the live telecast and what NFL Network shows.
        I don't care about spoilers since I'm going to listen to at least 75% of the game on the plane if my computer's battery holds up. It's my 1st time with this computer outside my house & I never have used it more than an hour or 2 because I have my desktop with all my bookmarks in the house.
        I have Sirius, so I'll get the game, but I've noticed in the past that I can listen to WGR during the game as long as I do it on my computer & not my I-Pad, which tells me due to NFL rules I can't get the broadcast. I'll probably listen to the pregame on the I-Pad to save the battery on the computer. (Southwest-no electricity plug-ins)

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
          Since the schedule says 3 hours I don't think they'll be too much of a difference between the live telecast and what NFL Network shows.
          I don't care about spoilers since I'm going to listen to at least 75% of the game on the plane if my computer's battery holds up. It's my 1st time with this computer outside my house & I never have used it more than an hour or 2 because I have my desktop with all my bookmarks in the house.
          I have Sirius, so I'll get the game, but I've noticed in the past that I can listen to WGR during the game as long as I do it on my computer & not my I-Pad, which tells me due to NFL rules I can't get the broadcast. I'll probably listen to the pregame on the I-Pad to save the battery on the computer. (Southwest-no electricity plug-ins)
          The IPAD is basically like a LARGE Smartphone. That is the reason live NFL games are not allowed on it.

STUPID NFL rules.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Is there wifi on the planes these days?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
              Yes, on most planes, but they charge if you're not a preferred customer, about $8.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                Southwest gives free live tv. Because CBS was WCBS in NYC, I had access to the game. I was able to watch the 1st 1/4 and about 1/5th of the 2nd, but then the plane was in land mode & I had to turn the computer off-then when I was able to get the computer back on the battery died.

Comment

Working...
                X