PDA

View Full Version : Detroit radio station promotes "Green Monday"

Mr. Cynical
11-22-2014, 03:37 PM
And this is why that was a stupid move on Schwartz's part, and why he should never be our HC. Don't do dumb things, they will always come back to haunt you.*

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/46341/detroit-radio-station-embraces-jets-promotes-green-monday

*see McKelvin trash talking then breaking ankle

djjimkelly
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
people will be cheering for the bills and the cities woes

BillsImpossible
11-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Buried beneath 6 feet of snow or more, will the quintessential underdog arise from the flood?

Night Train
11-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Right...like when the dunderheads on local WGR radio say something, I might give a *****t. :rolleyes:

BillsImpossible
11-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Blue moon on Monday...

Fletch
11-22-2014, 06:22 PM
When the New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) and Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings) played at Ford Field in 2010 -- the game was moved because the Metrodome roof collapsed -- the announced crowd exceeded 40,000.

I doubt it will be over that for this game.

Scumbag College
11-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Terrestrial radio is dead...anyways how many people would show up at the Ralph on a Monday night between two neutral teams if Mularkey or Greggggg Williams showed up as coordinator for one of those teams just to cheer on the opposition?

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
I doubt it will be over that for this game.

Considering the game was sold out before tickets were even being offered to the public. I guarantee you it will.

YardRat
11-22-2014, 09:45 PM
They just reported on the local news that all of the tickets have been scooped up, so it's 'officially' a 'sell-out'.

YardRat
11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Don't know the logistics behind the entire scenario, though, considering they have no clue how many actual Bill's fans with paid-for tickets are planning on showing up.

Downinfloflo
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Terrestrial radio is dead...anyways how many people would show up at the Ralph on a Monday night between two neutral teams if Mularkey or Greggggg Williams showed up as coordinator for one of those teams just to cheer on the opposition?

70 thousand plus would show up, What else are you doing in the Buffalo area on a Monday night that a free NFL game was not good enough?

don137
11-23-2014, 09:38 AM
I know what Schwartz did was inappropriate however the game is being moved due devastation to the Buffalo area where people died, roofs collapsed, people were stranded in cars, etc.. One would of hoped they would support the people of Western New York and root for the Bills.
If they turn it into a Jets home game and turn their back on the people of Buffalo I will put Detroit fans in the same class as Philly fans.

stuckincincy
11-23-2014, 10:56 AM
They just reported on the local news that all of the tickets have been scooped up, so it's 'officially' a 'sell-out'.

Good deal for the folks there - probably going to be a relatively "kid-friendly" venue - Lions aren't playing, and the outcome doesn't affect their playoff hopes.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Considering the game was sold out before tickets were even being offered to the public. I guarantee you it will.

I'll make a friendly wager with you on that.

For starters, the tix in Detroit were free, secondly, I haven't read anywhere where they've said how many free tix were given away, but one source thought it to be south of 1K. How many of those tix that were purchased were purchased by Jets fans? It's always a lot for the Jets and Pats who have more difficulty getting tix for their home games.

Besides, it was able to "sellout" because the capacity at Ford Field is 9K less than at RWS.

I just don't think that many Buffalonians make that trip. They'd need a passport to make a reasonable trip through Canada, twice each way. But more than that they've gotta go through all that snow just to leave the area. Going down 90 doesn't seem to make sense.

But to me the biggest reason is that Buffalonians have so much more to be preoccupied with at this point that I simply don't see making a trip like this for a meaningless game in a different city to rank that high on their priority list. We sit here and talk about the team but how many people can't get out to get food, supplies, are worried about their roofs collapsing, flooding, etc.

I can see maybe 10-20K fans, tops, making that trip. Especially since refunds/credit have been offered.

better days
11-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I know what Schwartz did was inappropriate however the game is being moved due devastation to the Buffalo area where people died, roofs collapsed, people were stranded in cars, etc.. One would of hoped they would support the people of Western New York and root for the Bills.
If they turn it into a Jets home game and turn their back on the people of Buffalo I will put Detroit fans in the same class as Philly fans.

Add in the fact that Ralph left a LOT of MONEY to the Detroit area & the Bills were his team.

No appreacion for Ralph & what he has done for Detroit = doucebags

GreedoII
11-24-2014, 10:11 AM
And this is why that was a stupid move on Schwartz's part, and why he should never be our HC. Don't do dumb things, they will always come back to haunt you.*

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/46341/detroit-radio-station-embraces-jets-promotes-green-monday

*see McKelvin trash talking then breaking ankle

Piss off you idiot...Det doesn't care.

trapezeus
11-24-2014, 10:14 AM
it would be hilarious if the bills win, and schwartz gets carried off the field again.

Fletch
11-24-2014, 10:22 AM
it would be hilarious if the bills win, and schwartz gets carried off the field again.

LOL

That would actually be hysterical.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2014, 06:49 PM
I'll make a friendly wager with you on that.

For starters, the tix in Detroit were free, secondly, I haven't read anywhere where they've said how many free tix were given away, but one source thought it to be south of 1K. How many of those tix that were purchased were purchased by Jets fans? It's always a lot for the Jets and Pats who have more difficulty getting tix for their home games.

Besides, it was able to "sellout" because the capacity at Ford Field is 9K less than at RWS.

I just don't think that many Buffalonians make that trip. They'd need a passport to make a reasonable trip through Canada, twice each way. But more than that they've gotta go through all that snow just to leave the area. Going down 90 doesn't seem to make sense.

But to me the biggest reason is that Buffalonians have so much more to be preoccupied with at this point that I simply don't see making a trip like this for a meaningless game in a different city to rank that high on their priority list. We sit here and talk about the team but how many people can't get out to get food, supplies, are worried about their roofs collapsing, flooding, etc.

I can see maybe 10-20K fans, tops, making that trip. Especially since refunds/credit have been offered.

Place is full. You lose.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-24-2014, 08:02 PM
LOL

That would actually be hysterical.

He might deserve it this time.

YardRat
11-24-2014, 08:36 PM
We now have the same amount of wins at Ford Field as we do at the Ralph this season.

jlgarsh
11-24-2014, 09:42 PM
There were a lot of Bills fans there from what I could see on tv....wow was that awesome!!!