Titans 2-8
Jags 1-9

AFC West

Denver 7-3
KC 7-4
Bolts 6-4
Raiders 1-10

----------------

(Oakland did Buffalo a favor on Thursday Night)

Cleveland vs. Atlanta - Go Falcons

Bengals vs. Houston - Go Houston

Jags vs. Colts - Go Jacksonville

Detroit vs. Pats - Go Lions

St. Louis vs. San Diego - Go Rams

Miami vs. Denver - Go Broncos

Go Bills!

Novacane
11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Every game will go the Bills way then they'll lose to the Jets

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Why do you want the Texans over the Bengals?

We'll just go with the Bills winning...if the Texans win than both the Texans and Bengals will be ahead of the Bills in playoff seeding. If the Bengals win, the Texans will be a game behind. The Bills lost to the Texans so both teams at 6-5 puts the Texans ahead.

BillsImpossible
11-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Every game will go the Bills way then they'll lose to the Jets

What if every game goes the Bills way and they beat the Jets?

stuckincincy
11-23-2014, 11:53 AM
What if every game goes the Bills way and they beat the Jets?

The Rapture is on its' way...

BillsImpossible
11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Go Jaguars! NFL Red Zone rocks.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Go Bills!

0 for 4 on the early games.

I'd say that pretty much puts the nails into the coffin.

At this point, and without even factoring in Miami, Baltimore, or SD, if any two of the three teams after the AFCN and AFCW winners go 3-2 from here on out they'll be 10-6, the odds of us going 5-1 have to be a whole lot worse than they were of our winning the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season.

feldspar
11-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Falcons blew it in idiotic fashion big-time against the Browns today.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 02:52 PM

Cleveland tried handing them that game and then Atlanta just handed it back.

stuckincincy
11-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Cleveland tried handing them that game and then Atlanta just handed it back.

Sports drips with narcissism, arrogance, egotism. It is its' nature. If a smart company, say McDonalds, ran a sports team, they would dominate. Heck, McD could run all levels of government and come up roses...

Fletch
11-23-2014, 03:44 PM

Yeah, they really did. Who calls a timeout in that situation.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they really did. Who calls a timeout in that situation.

It should have never even gotten to that situation. 1st and goal at the 6, up 23-21, and Hoyer gets picked off in the end zone. Any points there and the game is for all intents and purposes over.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 04:10 PM
It should have never even gotten to that situation. 1st and goal at the 6, up 23-21, and Hoyer gets picked off in the end zone. Any points there and the game is for all intents and purposes over.

Agree, but the entire context of this part of the conversation is about how Cleveland did their best to give the game to Atlanta.

imbondz
11-23-2014, 04:56 PM
doesn't matter, I've already resolved that the Patriots are going to win the SB and I won't be watching

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 04:56 PM
The Bills biggest problem is even with a win they're still one game back of a logjam at 5th through at least 8th in the conference all the while having the worst conference record of any of those teams that are sitting at 7-4.

The Steelers are 6-3 in conference and the Dolphins if they somehow hold on to win will be 6-2 in conference. Even if the Fish lose today, the Chiefs are 5-3 in conference. In comparison the Bills will be 3-5. So they technically have to make up 2 games against teams that don't play for the rest of the year.

9-7 won't get it done and 10-6 with a weak conference record might not either.

I'm just going off with the Bills winning tomorrow, if the Jets somehow win there's no need to dissect any playoff possibilities as the season will be over.

TakingItuptheChin
11-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks Shaun Hill.

Thanks Mike Smith.

****ing morons

Novacane
11-23-2014, 06:19 PM
I don't get how NFL head coach's don't know how to manage the clock.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't get how NFL head coach's don't know how to manage the clock.

Who ever said that all NFL coaches were intelligent and/or quick thinking. Some just do it via routine and experience.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Who ever said that all NFL coaches were intelligent and/or quick thinking. Some just do it via routine and experience.

Most NFL coaches are pre-programmed robots - at least that's what I'm being lead to believe.

If Coach A does X in certain situation than Coach B has to do it too and Coach H better follow suit.

If Coach H tries to think outside the box of what is considered NFL norm and fails then he's mocked, ridiculed and second guessed for weeks. If he succeeds then it's dumb luck but he shouldn't resort to doing that all the time.

Going for it on 4th and 1 is successful 67% of the time so why is it so out of the box and a bad call when a team gets stopped? Odds are that you're going to be successful more than naught. But that 1/3 of a time when someone gets stopped they get second guessed and called stupid for not making the safe play - a punt.

2 point conversion percentage is around 50%, so why should a team ever kick an extra point? Through the course of the game the percentages will dictate it won't have really any effect on the final score. But have a team go out for 2 in a situation where the media thinks they shouldn't and they're making a bad decision and trying to chase points. Phil Simms was chastising the Broncos for going for 2 in tonights game to cut the Fish lead to 3 instead of 4 early in the 4th quarter. Of course after the Broncos successfully converted he said nothing.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Most NFL coaches are pre-programmed robots - at least that's what I'm being lead to believe.

If Coach A does X in certain situation than Coach B has to do it too and Coach H better follow suit.

If Coach H tries to think outside the box of what is considered NFL norm and fails then he's mocked, ridiculed and second guessed for weeks. If he succeeds then it's dumb luck but he shouldn't resort to doing that all the time.

Going for it on 4th and 1 is successful 67% of the time so why is it so out of the box and a bad call when a team gets stopped? Odds are that you're going to be successful more than naught. But that 1/3 of a time when someone gets stopped they get second guessed and called stupid for not making the safe play - a punt.

2 point conversion percentage is around 50%, so why should a team ever kick an extra point? Through the course of the game the percentages will dictate it won't have really any effect on the final score. But have a team go out for 2 in a situation where the media thinks they shouldn't and they're making a bad decision and trying to chase points. Phil Simms was chastising the Broncos for going for 2 in tonights game to cut the Fish lead to 3 instead of 4 early in the 4th quarter. Of course after the Broncos successfully converted he said nothing.

I agree. I would extend that same thought process to the media just as you did in that example, except make it media wide. And oh yeah, include the Draft(s) on that.

Ed
11-23-2014, 08:22 PM
At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.

Fletch
11-23-2014, 08:30 PM
At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.

Cleveland's a better team than we are though, especially with Gordan back.

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2014, 09:10 PM

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.

Gordon is ridiculous.

If he can ever get his head on straight he might put up a 110 catch 2000 yard season.

Dude is made to take off 10 games, shows up and puts up 8 catches for 120.

Mike13
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
The Dolphins would have 9 wins today if they had a good coach.

HHURRICANE
11-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Every game except one went against the Bills. Rather sick of trying to back in.

trapezeus
11-24-2014, 09:05 AM
AFC East

Patriots 8-2
Miami 6-4
Buffalo 5-5
Jets 2-8

AFC North

Bengals 6-3-1
Steelers 7-4
Ravens 6-4
Browns 6-4

AFC South

Colts 6-4
Texans 5-5
Titans 2-8
Jags 1-9

AFC West

Denver 7-3
KC 7-4
Bolts 6-4
Raiders 1-10

----------------

Go Bills!

2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.

Ed
11-24-2014, 09:35 AM

The point is that we control our own destiny against the Browns. Beating them would take conference record out of the equation and give us a crucial tie-breaker.

trapezeus
11-24-2014, 09:57 AM
what will be interesting is to see vs cleveland is if pettine really was the genius for building bills defense and schwartz is riding the coat tails. if they undress the bills defense that is going to be a really hard pill to swallow.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.

Well I feel like a few of these games that 'went against us' didn't actually matter. We're only fighting against the wild card contenders, not division leaders.

Indy will win that division, which won't affect our chances.
NE will win our division, which won't affect our chances.
Cincy might win that division, but who knows with how good that division is. Houston is fighting for a wild card too, and they hold the tie breaker on us.

So really, the Browns and Chargers were the ones that didn't go our way. Even though they were the ones that mattered most. The Dolphins losing was big. It only matters if we can win tonight.

GO BILLS!!!

trapezeus
11-24-2014, 11:10 AM
it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in. at this point, all we can do is win and see how the chips lay at week 13 and week 14. then it becomes clear. But if we don't win, it doesn't matter what happens during the week.

but 29% of outcomes desired isn't very good.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2014, 11:35 AM
it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in. at this point, all we can do is win and see how the chips lay at week 13 and week 14. then it becomes clear. But if we don't win, it doesn't matter what happens during the week.

but 29% of outcomes desired isn't very good.

By my logic, 3 out of 5 games went our way (OAK, CIN, DEN won, STL, ATL lost). That's 60%, but it's moot if we don't get a win tonight.

At least we're trying to figure out our playoff chances during week 12. Usually by week 7 or 8 I'm trying to scrap together some long shot scenarios that give the Bills a chance to sneak in.

Fletch
11-24-2014, 12:03 PM
it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in.

Not really.

Let's assume for a second that we beat both the Jets and win for the first time ever in Oakland, who just beat KC, we'd still have to beat at least two teams from Denver, NE, GB, and Cleveland, the first three which are arguably the three best teams in the league right now.

Then, we'd have to rely on at least three of five other teams that are presently 7-4 to go 1-4 each, or 2-3 with us having the tiebreaker, which presently we do not own against any of them presently, can't against two, won't against one, and have only a snowball's chance in hell of owning the other, Cleveland, with a win over them. When you consider that tonight's game is an assumed win in that scenario, and that all five of those other teams have already played their 11th game, and considering that all but one of those five have easier schedules than we do, our chances are actually pretty remote mathematically although they're still alive.

Think about that, assume a win tonight and we're 6-5, we still need to essentially have a better record than three of five other teams that are presently 7-4. Even if we throw Cleveland into the assumed win mix the chances are remote. I don't see a single one of those 7-4 teams being any worse than 9-7, much less three, four, or all five, and that won't be good enough for us.

Fletch
11-24-2014, 12:06 PM
By my logic, 3 out of 5 games went our way (OAK, CIN, DEN won, STL, ATL lost). That's 60%, but it's moot if we don't get a win tonight.

At least we're trying to figure out our playoff chances during week 12. Usually by week 7 or 8 I'm trying to scrap together some long shot scenarios that give the Bills a chance to sneak in.

If we don't win tonight there's a chance we can be mathematically eliminated after the Browns game with a loss there too. That's how close we are to elimination and how sorry our chances actually are. The only way that we "control our own destiny" as has been suggested, and we clearly don't, is if we go 6-0 the last 6 for the most part. We'll be lucky to beat any of Denver, GB, or NE. We'll be lucky to hold any of those teams to below 30 points and lucky to put up more than 24 against any of 'em at the rate we're playing.

Joe Fo Sho
11-24-2014, 01:58 PM
If we don't win tonight there's a chance we can be mathematically eliminated after the Browns game with a loss there too. That's how close we are to elimination and how sorry our chances actually are. The only way that we "control our own destiny" as has been suggested, and we clearly don't, is if we go 6-0 the last 6 for the most part. We'll be lucky to beat any of Denver, GB, or NE. We'll be lucky to hold any of those teams to below 30 points and lucky to put up more than 24 against any of 'em at the rate we're playing.

Well after we lost to Kansas City, I considered the Dolphins game a playoff game. We were what, 12th(?) in the AFC going into this week? We need significant help to even be able to consider a wild card spot. Don't get me wrong, I know we're long shots, but I was just saying this week wasn't as bad as it could've been.

trapezeus
11-24-2014, 03:48 PM
to quote dennis green. "we are who we think we are"

They had a chance after the bye to make a playoff appearance or at least be in the drivers seat. they pissed it away on two opponents who they had beat going into the half. KC they had going into the 4th quarter and remained in a position to win until they coaching mistakes caught up.

The miami game was a mix of bad coaching and outrageous officiating. I weigh it towards bad coaching.

every good teams lays up a dud against a weaker opponent, but two in a row is pretty telling. especially when the game is on the line. it's one thing if they just didn't show up, but they had chances to win and didn't.