Will Marrone get a third year? Will Whaley be allowed to stay too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Will Marrone get a third year? Will Whaley be allowed to stay too?

I think he should... simply because if we can him, we diminish our chances of getting a legitimate head coach that has had some success, unless we promote Schwartz (which I don't want - I want Schwartz right where he is at least for one more year...) If Marrone is allowed to stay, let him run things his way - if he keeps Hackett, and Hackett doesn't turn a corner, he will probably never coach again. If he gets his head out of his ass, he would be on the phone with some offensive minded guys like Mike Shanahan to OC this sinking dumpster fire ship.

I don't even know where to look for a HC right now since I'm all for giving Marrone a third year.

As far as Whaley is concerned, he has amassed a ton of talent on the D side of the ball, but we don't have enough fire power on O, and it's clearly hard to win with an elite D when the offense only kicks field goals... to me, this is a toss up.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Will Marrone get a third year? Will Whaley be allowed to stay too?

you feel that's true even with new ownership? i feel like in years past, i would agree, we'd just be starting over with the same group.

but the team is more talented. it actually has a bit of an identity. but it still is a team with a ceiling of simply making hte playoffs. they aren't built to win a game.

look at what we debate. "if a certain team loses, we have a chance". most of the teams contending aren't worried about other teams. yet we always do.

if we start from scratch, i think a new coach would come in knowing that thye were selected by the new front office and knows that they can work with that front office.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Re: Will Marrone get a third year? Will Whaley be allowed to stay too?

Well, I disagree about lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I put 90% of the blame on the Coaches for the offense being terrible.

The only way Marrone should even have a chance of staying is by hiring a GOOD OC.

Comment

Working...
      X