• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bring on the Blitz- Pettine.

Marrone vs Pettine

Pettine is a defensive coach and MArrone is an offensive coach, yet Pettines O ranks higher than Marrone and Pettine is in his first year

Sigh!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bring on the Blitz- Pettine.

Remember when our Pass Rush would " suffer " with Pettines' exit ?

Total Sacks

Cleveland - 23
    Bills - 46 - #1 in the NFL
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Marrone cannot coach an O , let alone an OL .
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

to me, if marrone loses to pettine, that's the final nail in the coffin. you can't get outcoached by your former coordinators. especially one who is getting more wins with less talent in a division with a higher compete level than our own.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I liked Pettine though. He should get a warm welcome home. He definitely did good by us. No one can blame him for taking a HC job.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            I liked Pettine though. He should get a warm welcome home. He definitely did good by us. No one can blame him for taking a HC job.
            agreed. however, some people wanted to keep pettine and promote him to HC to keep him. then let him pick a new OC. would that have been enough to stay? who knows.

i think it will be telling if schwartz got more out of the d or just continued the work that had already been done based on the cleveland results. if pettine gets an offense that beats the bills d soundly, then it starts to look like he was the architect and knew all the bells and whistles. if he can't beat them, then schwartz gets a lot of credit for getting the d to perform even better than last year.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              to me, if marrone loses to pettine, that's the final nail in the coffin. you can't get outcoached by your former coordinators. especially one who is getting more wins with less talent in a division with a higher compete level than our own.
              i dont think the afc north is better then our division.

most of the afc north has 3 to 4 free wins vs the nfc south and their records are inflated.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i get your point, but they also have all 4 teams above .500. they are all legitimate playoff contenders. once in, they could win a game or two. the afc east is really just the pats. then the dolphins and bills trying desperately to stay in, and then the jets on the outskirts.

i think the afc north spreads out over the next 2-3 weeks more clearly. none of the north teams look like legit superbowl teams, but they don't look like miami or buffalo just trying to make it.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Hoyer is going to get killed. Write it down.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I hope we beat the crap out of cleveland... then Denver in Denver, then Green Bay at home, then Oakland in Oakland, then the cheaters in their house - we kinda have to if we want to make the playoffs.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                      I hope we beat the crap out of cleveland... then Denver in Denver, then Green Bay at home, then Oakland in Oakland, then the cheaters in their house - we kinda have to if we want to make the playoffs.
                      I forsee them stomping the crap out of Cleveland. After that, it's all cloudy to me.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                        • Apr 2011

So the weather forecast is saying all the snow will melt by Sunday and it is likely to rain, right? Did they get the Ralph cleared out of snow? Or is it going to be a swamp there?

I know you guys have maybe the best DL in football, but my main concern against you guys is your running game. We are bad against the run to begin with, and we are without 5 key defensive players due to injury (DE Taylor, DE A. Bryant, DE John Hughes, ILB Dansby, FS Gipson) and we have one guy with one arm (OLB Mingo) and one guy with one foot (OLB Sheard). If you guys beat us on Sunday, it will be because Dixon and Jackson had a field day. Our DBs have been locking stuff down... honestly we have four corners I am happy to put out into the field against any team. But man, I am not excited about facing a guy (Dixon) with that combo of size and burst on a wet field... ugh. And if Mingo is ever lined up against Cordy Glenn in a running situation with that chicken wing taped to his side? That will get ugly.

I know your DL is damned good but our pass protection is also very, very good. I have to think Shanahan will put our best pass blocking TE out there to help on Williams most plays. Our rookie RBs are pretty good in pass protection as well (especially West). Our center has gotten much better since his initial terrible showing after Mack went down. I think we'll be able to move the ball against you guys but we can't have Hoyer doing dumb stuff like he has for the last two weeks... not sure what happened to this guy.

Anyway, here's to a good game and no injuries on Sunday!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

The Bills were bad against the run with Pettine, also.

I feel so fortunate that my in-laws from Ohio, obviously huge Browns' fans, decided to extend their Thanksgiving stay this year until Sunday evening so that we could 'enjoy' the Bills-Browns game together. By 4 pm, there is going to be some ugliness in the YardRat household, it's just a matter of from who.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                          X