PDA

View Full Version : 9 or 10 wins, but miss the playoffs

casdhf
11-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Thoughts on this?

I obviously am unhappy but would expect nothing to change.

KO gets his extension, as does Marcell

Hughes and Spiller walk.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I refuse to be upset if they win 9 or 10 games. Yes, it's their own fault for losing games they should've won, but if they win 9 or 10 it means they'd have beaten Denver, Green Bay or New England

WagonCircler
11-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Thoughts on this?

Hughes and Spiller walk.

Why do you let Hughes walk?

If you need to save money, cut EJ. Cut a couple OL and draft quality rookies.

Hughes is a beast.

Dr. Who
11-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Why do you let Hughes walk?

Cut EJ. Cut a couple OL and draft quality rookies.

Hughes is a beast.

You're taking your contempt for EJ as a player too far. He's reasonably priced for a back-up qb.
I agree there's no reason not to resign Hughes and it would be monumentally stupid not to.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Thoughts on this?

Hughes and Spiller walk.

9-7 is about 4 games better than I expected and as long as we resign Marcell, Hughes, and KO and go after a real qb this time in the draft then I think its a step in the right direction.

bdutton
11-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I'd actually be ok. It shows this team has taken a positive step forward. First winning record since? EJ still has a rookie contract. You don't cut him. Spiller can walk. Tired of the 10 touches for +/- 2 yards and then 2 rushes for +10 yards. Sign Hughes.

The King
11-25-2014, 02:51 PM
This is the best case scenario at this point. So I would be OK with it. We're getting respect that's a big step up.

Historian
11-25-2014, 02:52 PM
7-9

Uncle Jesse
11-25-2014, 04:42 PM
At worst, franchise Hughes. You can't let him go.

Meathead
11-25-2014, 05:13 PM
frankly i think all that happens anyway

if they dont make the playoffs i dont give a frack what their record is. doesnt even matter for the draft since there aint much diff between the fifth or twentieth pick in the second round. emotionally it would blow to give a high pick to clev but other than that whotf cares

Meathead
11-25-2014, 05:18 PM
except that i think hughes walks. frankly i dont think we can know how good he really is but i can guarantee you he isnt as good as he looks. theres no way he goes anywhere else and has the statistical success hes had here. des with sacks can name their price and some team is going to WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpay for him. it wont be the bills and thats the right move

unless hes willing to take less to play here, and why would he, hes gone. hes going to get a ridiculously large check, then proceed to have everyone in that city hate him forever. but he got paaaid

Fletch
11-25-2014, 05:33 PM
7-9

Oakland or Cleveland?

I know you've said that you don't think we beat Oakland and that you think we beat GB. You really think GB?

I think if we can beat Cleveland on Sunday then we'll beat Oakland too in Oakland and finish 8-8. I do think we'll have to play somewhat above ourselves to beat Cleveland this weekend though.

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Bills exercised their option on Dareus... He's a Bill through 2015. So the focus can be on Hughes.

jamze132
11-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Buffalo is way under the cap. There is no reason to not lock up Hughes and Dareus. Our D is the only thing keeping us afloat at this point and we need to keep it intact and continue to build the offense to match. All we really need on offense is a QB, O-line, a couple TEs, a couple RBs, and another WR.

Mace
11-25-2014, 07:03 PM
I refuse to be upset if they win 9 or 10 games. Yes, it's their own fault for losing games they should've won, but if they win 9 or 10 it means they'd have beaten Denver, Green Bay or New England

I could count that as progress, yes. Even if they beat one of the three, I'd be ok with it if not exactly fired up and sure we're heading to the big dance next year.

imbondz
11-25-2014, 07:40 PM
ugh. it's not going to happen. but if they won 9-10 games, that means they're going to beat some really good teams coming up.

BertSquirtgum
11-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Thoughts on this?

Hughes and Spiller walk.

Who the hell is KO? If you're talking about Kiko, there's no reason to extend him yet. He's with the Bills until 2017.

BertSquirtgum
11-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Kiko doesn't deserve an extension until he proves to the Bills that he can return to form in at least the 2015 season. Personally, I wouldn't even start thinking about an extension until the 2016 season.

Jeff1220
11-25-2014, 09:15 PM
KO is Kyle Orton, not Kiko.
I say resign Hughes. He is a beast. He's done it in two different systems in Buffalo. And he makes plays, not always mopping up from those around him. Something must have been amiss in Indy, either on his end or their's. He's a gamer.

BertSquirtgum
11-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Kyle Orton is already signed next year. Why are people worried about signing him to an extension?

WagonCircler
11-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Kyle Orton is already signed next year. Why are people worried about signing him to an extension?

I think he has an option to walk after this season.

WagonCircler
11-25-2014, 09:45 PM
You're taking your contempt for EJ as a player too far. He's reasonably priced for a back-up qb..

I want to remove all temptation to give him another shot as a starter, thereby not taking the QB situation for the problem that it is.

That's what happened this year. We didn't even draft a QB. So wrong was Whaley about the QB position, he arrogantly doubled down and handed the season to EJ. It was only by pure luck of the draw that the Bills signed Orton--literally off his couch--because the time to sign QBs was over for every other team.

Orton is a good stopgap, but we need a permanent solution, and EJ will never be that guy. Whaley's ego will keep trying to fit that square peg into the round hole. Hopefully Whaley will be gone too.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2014, 05:18 AM
7-9

This team is so schizophrenic that I don't know what to expect the rest of the year. 7-9 is a very good possibility. If the Defense plays like it did Monday for the rest of the season 10 or 11 wins aren't unreasonable either.

I can't wait to see how they respond to coming home Sunday. I think the energy will be nothing like the Ralph has ever seen since the early 90s.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-26-2014, 11:14 AM
As disappointing as not making the playoffs would be, people would seriously flip out over a 9 or even a 10 win season? We haven't won 9 games in a decade! A 10 win season would require knocking off at least 2 of New England, Green Bay, and Denver, and if you're running guys out of town after that I think you are ridiculously overreacting.

Let's be clear, I don't expect 10 wins or even 9, but if we got them then I would be much more confident about the future.