PDA

View Full Version : Will BUF toss in a bid if RGIII gets canned?

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Food for thought...you heard it here first. :bigwave:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434561/article/whats-next-for-rgiii

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
i hope not. he loves himself a little too much and appears to be too sensitive to criticism in addition to the fact that he kinda sucks. (at least since his rookie year)

MikeInRoch
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM
No. No. No.

better days
11-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Not very tasty food.

I would equate that thought to a frozen banquet dinner.

DynaPaul
11-26-2014, 01:22 PM
He sucks, Orton is better.

Bill Cody
11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Bad mentor for EJ.

"RG3 how do you hit a barn door with a pass?"

"Damned if I know EJ"

Meathead
11-26-2014, 01:41 PM
a lot depends on how orton ends the season. if he does well and can avoid the major lackluster games like kc and the fish hes gonna be the starter next year. if he doesnt then its gonna be an open competition next summer and they will be looking at trying to upgrade the candidates

if they could possibly get rg3 without giving up picks id say they have to try. taking a risk on him at this point is no worse than taking a risk on another rookie

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 01:47 PM
a lot depends on how orton ends the season. if he does well and can avoid the major lackluster games like kc and the fish hes gonna be the starter next year. if he doesnt then its gonna be an open competition next summer and they will be looking at trying to upgrade the candidates

if they could possibly get rg3 without giving up picks id say they have to try. taking a risk on him at this point is no worse than taking a risk on another rookie

I think that cur, Shanahan, really stuck it to him when he played him despite recovering from serious injury. And now he seems gun shy. :;:

WagonCircler
11-26-2014, 02:18 PM
For a third, I might take him and cut EJ.

But only as a backup. He's rumored to have a poor work ethic, but that may be propaganda.

He's obviously injury prone.

He's inaccurate.

Scratch that. I'd sign him for vet minimum as a FA.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2014, 02:20 PM
He's better than any QB on the roster.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-26-2014, 02:21 PM
I would give him a shot for a low pick. He's not expensive, he's young, and he's still physically capable of playing QB position. He's the exact type of project QB I would be looking for in the late rounds anyway.

WagonCircler
11-26-2014, 02:22 PM

I'm not so sure about that, and even if that's true, he can't seem to play two consecutive games without missing six or more with an injury.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm not so sure about that, and even if that's true, he can't seem to play two consecutive games without missing six or more with an injury.

I think people are overstating his injuries. He's only missed 5 games in his career due to injury, fewer than Aaron Rodgers over the same span. Hell, it's fewer than EJ Manuel and he's played an extra year. By contrast, he's probably played in games where he should have sat.

He's missing time because he's been benched, and deserves criticism for that. But I think people are treating him like Roscoe Parrish the QB and it's a little mistaken.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2014, 02:40 PM
He still has lingering effects from his knee injuries 2 years ago, that was very apparent last year and I don't know how much it's affecting him this year. The other thing is Gruden is trying to turn him into a pocket passer which isn't the type of player he is.

Have him run the read option, call rollouts, move the pocket and you'll go back to rookie year performance RGIII.

WagonCircler
11-26-2014, 02:42 PM
He still has lingering effects from his knee injuries 2 years ago, that was very apparent last year and I don't know how much it's affecting him this year. The other thing is Gruden is trying to turn him into a pocket passer which isn't the type of player he is.

Have him run the read option, call rollouts, move the pocket and you'll go back to rookie year performance RGIII.

**** the read option. If he can't be a pocket passer, then he can't be an NFL Quarterback.

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
I think people are overstating his injuries. He's only missed 5 games in his career due to injury, fewer than Aaron Rodgers over the same span. Hell, it's fewer than EJ Manuel and he's played an extra year. By contrast, he's probably played in games where he should have sat.

He's missing time because he's been benched, and deserves criticism for that. But I think people are treating him like Roscoe Parrish the QB and it's a little mistaken.

His benching is certainly deserved. But I think it's clear that the WAS staff and management rushed him back into action. He has a certain cachet, he sells tix and the pundits yak about him. That translates into viewer interest which translated into $.

I'm not a fan or a detractor, but he's not the 1st qb that that franchise mishandled.

Meathead
11-26-2014, 02:52 PM
in fact, if the bills qb situation turns bad over the rest of the season i would go as far as to send a third or lower for rg3. when youre in qb hell you gotta take risks. hopefully we wont have to be put in that situation

Mr. Pink
11-26-2014, 03:01 PM
**** the read option. If he can't be a pocket passer, then he can't be an NFL Quarterback.

Russell Wilson = not an NFL QB.

Got it :up:

better days
11-26-2014, 03:15 PM
If RGIII becomes a FA, I would take a flyer on him & let him compete with EJ & Orton but I wouldn't trade even a 5th rnd pick for him.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Nice kid, but inaccurate as hell. We already have a kid like that. His name is EJ.

justasportsfan
11-26-2014, 04:45 PM
2 injury prone back up qbs. Marrone wouldn't know what to do with him like he didn't know what to do with Ej. Maybe we can introduce back up qb by committee.

YardRat
11-26-2014, 04:59 PM
No thanks. Wanted nothing to do with him when he came out, and nothing since then has changed my mind.

Night Train
11-26-2014, 05:23 PM
He'll be in that next college football commercial with Leinart, Schuler and Boz saying " Take me with you ! "

WagonCircler
11-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Russell Wilson = not an NFL QB.

Got it :up:

Russell Wilson is accurate enough that he be a pocket passer or a "read option" QB. It's an ultra rare combination, and he may actually be the only one who can pull it off. The other possibility is EJ's successor at FSU. Both highly skilled baseball athletes.

You can't win being JUST a running QB in this league.

Fixxxer
11-26-2014, 08:20 PM

Sure, he's pure awesomeness

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/

WagonCircler
11-26-2014, 09:37 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/

Wow. That's like a horror film.

I don't think I'd take him for free.

coastal
11-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Shanahan ruined this kid before he even got started.

djjimkelly
11-26-2014, 11:30 PM
i hope and pray we dont dream of anything with RG3

ill call it now jake locker will be a bill next year thats my bold qb prediction not as long term answer but the new upgraded stop gap

BillsOverDolphins
11-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Hell no...he's another one-read QB who reverts to his jungle instincts far too often.

swiper
11-27-2014, 04:01 AM
Bad mentor for EJ.

"RG3 how do you hit a barn door with a pass?"

"Damned if I know EJ"

Just don't let the barn door hit you in the ass on your way out of town, EJ.

swiper
11-27-2014, 04:09 AM

Well that should answer the original poster's question with a huge exclamation point.

RGIII has become JaMarcus Russell.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-27-2014, 05:12 AM
Hell no...he's another one-read QB who reverts to his jungle instincts far too often.

his jungle instincts. are you f###ing serious?

swiper
11-27-2014, 05:41 AM
his jungle instincts. are you f###ing serious?

What? You wanted to hear how he was another RB trying to play QB instead?

The Jokeman
11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
i hope and pray we dont dream of anything with RG3

ill call it now jake locker will be a bill next year thats my bold qb prediction not as long term answer but the new upgraded stop gap

It depends on how we finish, if we finish with a winning record I think Orton stays and we maybe draft someone like Chuckie Keeton in Round 5. If we end up with a losing season we might turn Orton aside and sign Christian Ponder and maybe still draft Keeton.

DraftBoy
11-27-2014, 09:26 AM
The Redskins ****ed this up beyond hope.

Shanny has never been a coach whose been good with rookies and to give him RGIII was a nightmare everybody saw coming. His ego would never allow for some young buck to overshadow his all knowing douche mind.

As for taking him, that's a tough call. Talent wise its an easy yes, as Illumni pointed out he's the exact Day 3 type of QB project you take. He would be our most talented QB by far, but that doesn't mean he'd be our best. You'd have to be convinced that he is fully committed to becoming a better QB and not just relying on his current talents. I think that much of his unwillingness to learn the craft has been overblown but I know coming out of Baylor he wasn't asked to do a lot in terms of reading D's in the Art Briles offense. Again he's a QB who probably never should of played as a rookie so he could of sat and learned behind a veteran QB.

If you bring in RGIII you have to have an OC who can design an offense based on quick reads, short passing, and a moving pocket.

starrymessenger
11-27-2014, 07:29 PM
He's just another world class athlete who will never be a NFL QB (that you would want leading your team).
I can't think of any great QBs who are world class athletes (though many are good athletes of course).
But there are boatloads of great athletes who can't play the position. They are not rare.
Guys whose game relies on athleticism are doomed to fail.
The job description for a franchise guy has a laundry list of requirements attached to it, and great athleticism, though a nice to have, is nowhere near the top. Some posters are confusion athleticism for talent for playing the position.
Will the read option be his salvation? The read option is what has just about turned him into a cripple (or has at least diminished his athleticism significantly) He's not as durable as Steve Young and Young never ran as much as RG3 did his rookie season, a season btw where he only threw for 3200 yards.
A non-read spread, like at Baylor? It would be successfully schemed against by big league DCs. And then what?
Chip Kelly? I don't think he could execute the way Mark Sanchez did today, ever. He can't read a defence. Never has and most likely never will. Kelly's O may be QB friendly, but it actually asks that player to do quite a lot.
And this is even before you get into the personality issues that are, if you want to lead a team, of crucial importance.
He's about as far from what you want in a leader of men as you can get.
He's actually right up there with Jamarcus Russell as an all time bust. It's just that no one, except maybe Shanny and Gruden, know that for sure.
So why folks would want to even give this guy the time of day is a mystery to me.
Bills can, and actually are, doing better than that.

swiper
11-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Being replaced by Colt McCoy is all you need to know about the whole thing.

Mace
11-27-2014, 07:44 PM
At this point, can't run, can't pass, can't make reads, doesn't inspire his team, doesn't seem to know plays, was replaced by Colt McCoy, benched by two coaching staffs, knee and ankle injuries in the past, we should by all means sign him for um, some reason ?

coastal
11-27-2014, 08:35 PM
A few things... He needs a really good medical eval, a sportspsychologist, and to take a year or so in a backup role.

k-oneputt
11-27-2014, 08:38 PM
The only one who can save that dumpster fire is Chip Kelly and the Eagles offense.

WagonCircler
11-27-2014, 08:50 PM
I think people are overstating his injuries. He's only missed 5 games in his career due to injury,.

He missed 9 in his Sophomore year in college, too. While college history is not always relevant, a knee injury in college is no different than a knee injury in the NFL.

And he has also played many games on gimpy knees (he may be doing so currently), which also doesn't help his long term viability.

I would rather have him than EJ, though, I think. RGIII has at least had great games in the past, so we know he has it in him. But then again, he may be one of those guys who's set for life and will never be hungry enough to work hard again. And his body my not be capable of what it used to be.

He's a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. Or something like that.

Herd bull
11-28-2014, 01:54 AM
At this point, can't run, can't pass, can't make reads, doesn't inspire his team, doesn't seem to know plays, was replaced by Colt McCoy, benched by two coaching staffs, knee and ankle injuries in the past, we should by all means sign him for um, some reason ?
Yes, I agree with this. It would be a waste of a roster spot.

Mouldsie
12-02-2014, 12:59 AM
He never should have been a read option QB and was mishandled from the start (by coaching not developing him intelligently and management/ownership treating him like a King). He would have done much better in a Bruce Arians type offense as his greatest asset as a passer was his vertical passing coming out of college.

Anyway, yes please on RG3... and then get a real QB coach in here. He could be re-built. Train him to throw from the pocket and run as a last resort. He'll never be Aaron Rodgers but he has the potential to be very effective and I have more confidence in him than EJ. Make him earn his way up the depth chart or fail trying, it's a good gamble IMO.

trapezeus
12-02-2014, 10:03 AM
RGIII, to me, isn't going to flourish on a team that has offensive issues and no strategy offensively. he isn't going to be any different with hackett than he is in Washington.

he'd need to come to a team where the qb sucks, but the philosophy isn't awful. I don't know what team feels like, "we just don't have a qb. everything else works talent wise. qb's get time to throw, but our current one blows." maybe marrone feels that way, but having seen some of the all 22 film of how RGIII is missing reads, it seems like he needs a strong coach to help him. I forget where i saw it, i think it was NFL network, but RGIII literally had 5 receivers open including the checkdowns and he didn't throw to any of them. he hesitated and took the sack.

I don't know if our coaching helped EJ with that, it doesn't seem like they've helped orton with that, and i don't know if they will be helpful to RGIII

Historian
12-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I know I'm old, but this is part of the problem with the modern athlete.

They're drafted high, then Nike, Subway, Home Depot, (insert your favorite company here) sign him to do their commercials and endorsements, and the focus on football goes right out the window.

The Kellys and Marinos didn't get endorsement deals until after they were solidly established as NFL lead men.

I see him starting for the Jets next year.

Figster
12-02-2014, 12:03 PM

They're drafted high, then Nike, Subway, Home Depot, (insert your favorite company here) sign him to do their commercials and endorsements, and the focus on football goes right out the window.

The Kellys and Marinos didn't get endorsement deals until after they were solidly established as NFL lead men.

After Geno Smith and Mike Vick? Seems unlikely to me the jets would even consider it IMO...

starrymessenger
12-02-2014, 12:16 PM

He can model underwear like nobody's business.
But read a defence?- not so much.
Jameis Winston will be starting for the Jets next year.

better days
12-02-2014, 12:22 PM
He can model underwear like nobody's business.
But read a defence?- not so much.
Jameis Winston will be starting for the Jets next year.

Well, Winston could be starting for the Jets next year but the Bucs & Raiders may have something to say about that.

starrymessenger
12-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Well, Winston could be starting for the Jets next year but the Bucs & Raiders may have something to say about that.

Dont see the Raiders. Bucs maybe. Could be the Jets would have to move up.
If so they should do it IMO.
Of course he might not even declare.
He seems to enjoy the college life and he could use another year to improve his draft stock if he feels he would otherwise drop too much for character issues (I see him as top 10 regardless).
heck he could fall to the Bills. Imagine 2 FSU alums on the roster.
Not happening of course.

stuckincincy
12-02-2014, 12:50 PM
He seems to enjoy the college life and he could use another year to improve his draft stock if he feels he would otherwise drop too much for character issues (I see him as top 10 regardless).
Not happening of course.

I could see Fla. state prison...

better days
12-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Not happening of course.

I agree with stuckincincy. Winston has had too many issues to stay in school after this year.

It is more likely he gets in more trouble next year by staying in school than he would raise his draft stock.

starrymessenger
12-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I could see Fla. state prison...

I don't myself think he's the next Laurence Philips, but we shall see.
Probably no worse than Cam was is what I would expect.
Heck of a player tho.

PromoTheRobot
12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Absolutely. Bills fans love drama and dysfunction. RGIII gives that by the shovelful. He can lose games and get injured with the best of them, and can extend our playoff drought indefinitely, especially if we trade a couple of first round picks for him. Opi would have a 6 month tantric orgasm.

Ingtar33
12-02-2014, 02:06 PM

that's not entirely true.

He's taken out the read-option, true... but what he's trying to turn him into is steve young. The problem is RGIII clearly doesn't understand the offense. The stuff i've seen of him this year he's straight up not running the plays as called AT ALL, like as in he doesn't even know what the play call means. that's just bad. Either he's not too smart or he doesn't have a work ethic. either way he doesn't know the offense he's in right now. and it showed when he was on the field.

starrymessenger
12-02-2014, 06:02 PM
that's not entirely true.

He's taken out the read-option, true... but what he's trying to turn him into is steve young. The problem is RGIII clearly doesn't understand the offense. The stuff i've seen of him this year he's straight up not running the plays as called AT ALL, like as in he doesn't even know what the play call means. that's just bad. Either he's not too smart or he doesn't have a work ethic. either way he doesn't know the offense he's in right now. and it showed when he was on the field.

With respect, what is there to understand?
Its not a complicated scheme Gruden is running.
A lot of these reads are high school level.
You know, either A or B, with sometimes a little C to consider if neither A or B are panning out.
He seems to be so far behind the curve it's downright incredible.

The Jokeman
12-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I think all the recent stories of RGIII are more telling than anything that people that loved his play in 2012 are now saying he was playing in an offense that was curtailed to his strengths and now that he lost a strong one of those (his ability to run and make people miss with his legs) he's not a strong starting QB. No doubt someone will take a chance on him but I'd prefer it not be the Bills. If things finish out as predicted the Bills will likely be 8-8 this year. I say it will be enough to keep Orton around another year with EJ in the wings but I'd still draft a development guy (see Chuckie Keeton) next year to add to the mix. Yet if Orton struggles (ie plays as bad as he has the last 4 games) I have no issues giving him the heave ho draft and bringing in Christian Ponder to play the veteran/mentor role for a season as the 2016 UFAs has lot of interesting QBs could be out there in Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Bradford and Newton available and if he keeps messing things up would be shocked to see Matthew Stafford out there too.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-03-2014, 05:37 AM
I think all the recent stories of RGIII are more telling than anything that people that loved his play in 2012 are now saying he was playing in an offense that was curtailed to his strengths and now that he lost a strong one of those (his ability to run and make people miss with his legs) he's not a strong starting QB. No doubt someone will take a chance on him but I'd prefer it not be the Bills. If things finish out as predicted the Bills will likely be 8-8 this year. I say it will be enough to keep Orton around another year with EJ in the wings but I'd still draft a development guy (see Chuckie Keeton) next year to add to the mix. Yet if Orton struggles (ie plays as bad as he has the last 4 games) I have no issues giving him the heave ho draft and bringing in Christian Ponder to play the veteran/mentor role for a season as the 2016 UFAs has lot of interesting QBs could be out there in Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Bradford and Newton available and if he keeps messing things up would be shocked to see Matthew Stafford out there too.

there is literally no way big ben, eli, rivers or even newton IMO would EVER be available. their teams will find a way to keep them.

The Jokeman
12-03-2014, 11:20 AM
there is literally no way big ben, eli, rivers or even newton IMO would EVER be available. their teams will find a way to keep them.

I could see Eli getting dumped as a new HC might want to develop a young QB instead of going with an aging star. Cam should stay in Carolina but it's debatable if he is true franchise QB. Big Ben and Rivers seem entrenched to be with their teams for the rest of their careers.

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Amazing article. Not only did I learn more about rg3 (and my change of heart - NO to getting him), I learned some great basics of routes/reads and how they are supposed to work. Thanks for posting!

stuckincincy
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Here's RGIII missing 5 wide-open receivers...scroll down to middle of the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24860286/coach-killers-week-13-steelers-are-angling-for-another-8-8-finish

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Here's RGIII missing 5 wide-open receivers...scroll down to middle of the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24860286/coach-killers-week-13-steelers-are-angling-for-another-8-8-finish

Wow. So really, there's a decent chance he could be out of football in 1-2 years. I don't think this is a fixable problem. Be really curious to see how his reads were in his rookie year. I'm guessing given his legs, teams were so concerned that even a pop warner qb could make the reads at that point. Anyway, my humble opinion now is STAY AWAY.

Woodman
12-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Re: Will BUF toss in a bid if RGIII gets canned?
God I hope not.

stuckincincy
12-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Wow. So really, there's a decent chance he could be out of football in 1-2 years. I don't think this is a fixable problem. Be really curious to see how his reads were in his rookie year. I'm guessing given his legs, teams were so concerned that even a pop warner qb could make the reads at that point. Anyway, my humble opinion now is STAY AWAY.

I've never seen a still like that. No wonder their record is what it is. I've said for a while that Jay Gruden wasn't HC material - witnessing his body of work at CIN. It took him weeks to see what's what, then instead of simply making a qb change and clamming up, chose to shoot his mouth out about it.

The Jokeman
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Amazing article. Not only did I learn more about rg3 (and my change of heart - NO to getting him), I learned some great basics of routes/reads and how they are supposed to work. Thanks for posting!

Another scathing article was this analysis by Shannon Sharpe who yes was a flashy prima donna on and off the field but he tends to speak the truth. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/02/shannon-sharpe-offers-the-ultimate-rgiii-take/?tid=hybrid_1.1_strip_1

Ingtar33
12-03-2014, 06:48 PM
With respect, what is there to understand?
Its not a complicated scheme Gruden is running.
A lot of these reads are high school level.
You know, either A or B, with sometimes a little C to consider if neither A or B are panning out.
He seems to be so far behind the curve it's downright incredible.

Its more then knowing the progression, he doesn't know who the primary receiver is, who he should be throwing to and what rout they're running. from what i've seen he simply doesn't know the offense at all. Its mindboggling but i've seen QBs come in off the street with a better grasp of an offense in 2 weeks of practice then what he's shown in the middle of this season with Gruden.

and you can't say it's gruden's fault, every other QB on the staff knows what's going on, look at how both McCoy and Cousins can run the offense just fine (not that cousins was great, but he seemed to understand who he was supposed to throw to, as does mccoy)

Ingtar33
12-03-2014, 07:03 PM

I saw that picture. astonishing

but pretty normal for the type of play he was showing this year.

starrymessenger
12-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Its more then knowing the progression, he doesn't know who the primary receiver is, who he should be throwing to and what rout they're running. from what i've seen he simply doesn't know the offense at all. Its mindboggling but i've seen QBs come in off the street with a better grasp of an offense in 2 weeks of practice then what he's shown in the middle of this season with Gruden.

and you can't say it's gruden's fault, every other QB on the staff knows what's going on, look at how both McCoy and Cousins can run the offense just fine (not that cousins was great, but he seemed to understand who he was supposed to throw to, as does mccoy)

It's really weird. Sometimes 1, 2 and 3 are all open, he appears to see them (how could he not) but doesn't pull the trigger. Instead he rolls out and throws the ball downfield out of bounds. How can he not know that he's supposed to throw to somebody. Honestly I just don't get it.

Ingtar33
12-04-2014, 12:01 AM
look at the picture i quoted. all 5 wide recievers are wide open. he litterally could throw the ball at one at random, he has no pass rush in his face and he still failed to throw the ball to any of them (he scrambled and threw the ball away)

here is a more in depth look at this play

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-film-review--robert-griffin-iii-s-issues-214738329.html

BillsOverDolphins
12-04-2014, 09:16 AM
He's a very stupid QB who went to a Big 12 school. No Big 12 QB has ever won an NFL playoff game as a starter. True story.

better days
12-04-2014, 11:13 AM
I've never seen a still like that. No wonder their record is what it is. I've said for a while that Jay Gruden wasn't HC material - witnessing his body of work at CIN. It took him weeks to see what's what, then instead of simply making a qb change and clamming up, chose to shoot his mouth out about it.

What are you talking about?

When Gruden was the OC in Cinci, they had a good offensive scheme.

That is the reason Gruden got the HC job in Washington.

And if you look at the still, Gruden had 5 guys open, in position to make a play with his offensive scheme.

It is not Grudens fault that RGIII is dumb as a box of rocks & couldn't take advantage of that.

WagonCircler
12-04-2014, 12:35 PM
He's a very stupid QB who went to a Big 12 school. No Big 12 QB has ever won an NFL playoff game as a starter. True story.

Well, technically, Aikman went to Oklahoma before UCLA.

swiper
12-04-2014, 05:36 PM
No one should want him after reading this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-jay-gruden-wants-rg3-gone/

WagonCircler
12-04-2014, 10:00 PM
No one should want him after reading this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-jay-gruden-wants-rg3-gone/

It would be great if Dumbass Snyder canned Gruden and we replaced Hackett with him.

swiper
12-05-2014, 03:41 AM
It would be great if Dumbass Snyder canned Gruden and we replaced Hackett with him.

That would be sweet.

DraftBoy
12-05-2014, 05:17 AM

Kordell Stewart has won a couple of playoff games and he played in the Big 12. 98 over the Pats and 02 over the Ravens.

BillsOverDolphins
12-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Kordell Stewart has won a couple of playoff games and he played in the Big 12. 98 over the Pats and 02 over the Ravens.

Big 8

trapezeus
12-05-2014, 09:35 AM
it's curious gruden feels that RGIII only cares about his brand. That hasn't been a story that's been reported from the start. And the guy has had success. So in someways, the regression on RGIII kind of falls on the coaching staff to not get more out of him.

I think there is a team where RGIII can have success. for low compensation, a team like the patriots/broncos might love having an all start tutor him at the tail end of their career and see if some time can heal him up and get him to see the game different.

djjimkelly
12-05-2014, 09:40 AM
all i know the bills better stay the hell away

DraftBoy
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Big 8

No...Big 12.

Big 12 was formed in 1994 the final year of Stewart's play at Colorado. He was a draft pick in 1995.

BillsOverDolphins
12-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Oh yeahhh...big year in big 12 football. All those great conference matchups like....................???

better days
12-05-2014, 11:29 AM
it's curious gruden feels that RGIII only cares about his brand. That hasn't been a story that's been reported from the start. And the guy has had success. So in someways, the regression on RGIII kind of falls on the coaching staff to not get more out of him.

I think there is a team where RGIII can have success. for low compensation, a team like the patriots/broncos might love having an all start tutor him at the tail end of their career and see if some time can heal him up and get him to see the game different.

The thing is RGIII has played terrible for two completely different coaching staffs.

He had a GOOD Rookie year & that is it.

That is why I tell people to wait before judging Watkins & that trade.

The Rookie year does not define a career.

And watching the Browns game rewind, I saw a play where Orton OVERTHREW Watkins.

No way in hell that happens if Sammy is healthy, his groin is obviously bothering him.

trapezeus
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
fair point. but rgiii's struggles last year were largely a part of being hurried back in. and now he looks lost with gruden. in that first season, he was accurate passing as well. i didn't look up the stats, but i remember watching some of the games and wishing we had that accuracy on our team instead of fitz. so i think there is something salvagable. like we've said about ej, accuracy may not be taught, but everything else can.

better days
12-05-2014, 03:18 PM
fair point. but rgiii's struggles last year were largely a part of being hurried back in. and now he looks lost with gruden. in that first season, he was accurate passing as well. i didn't look up the stats, but i remember watching some of the games and wishing we had that accuracy on our team instead of fitz. so i think there is something salvagable. like we've said about ej, accuracy may not be taught, but everything else can.

I don't know why accuracy can't be taught.

The police & military teach it all the time with weapons.

Baseball teaches it with pitchers.

Golf pros teach it.

The thing is some people are too stupid or too lazy to learn.

swiper
12-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Both of those teams have had tremendous success behind protype drop-back passers. Those two teams would never take on RGIII. (IMO)

swiper
12-05-2014, 05:07 PM

Golf pros teach it.

Accuracy has been taught to the max by the time he has graduated college. At that point there is really no more to learn. The "teaching" of accuracy is done at lower levels of football. By the time you get to the NFL you either have it or you don't. By that time you can't force it to get any better by extensive practice or further teaching. Example: EJ Manuel.

WagonCircler
12-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Golf pros teach it.

OK, so then by your logic, the kid at Mighty Taco slapping together the burritos should just be able to hire a pitching coach and win the Cy Young award.

The Dairy & Frozen kid at Wegmans need only go to Jim Kelly Football Camp and he's a shoo-in to start for the Bills, as long as he keeps practicing and listens to his coaches.

Are sharpshooters in the military just guys who practice more?

This is off the charts asinine.

DraftBoy
12-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh yeahhh...big year in big 12 football. All those great conference matchups like....................???

I have no idea what your point here is. Nobody is saying the Big 12 was or is amazing.

better days
12-05-2014, 10:24 PM
OK, so then by your logic, the kid at Mighty Taco slapping together the burritos should just be able to hire a pitching coach and win the Cy Young award.

The Dairy & Frozen kid at Wegmans need only go to Jim Kelly Football Camp and he's a shoo-in to start for the Bills, as long as he keeps practicing and listens to his coaches.

Well, A person does have to have some ability.

That goes without saying.

But I don't see Orton being all that much more accurate than Manuel was in his wins.

And EJ has better mobility than Orton, was sacked MUCH less & produced with his feet.

EJ does have SOME ability. MUCH MUCH more than the kid at Mighty Taco.

Mike13
12-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Food for thought...you heard it here first. :bigwave:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434561/article/whats-next-for-rgiii

Buffalo does not have the coaching staff or organizational competence to handle an RGIII ressurection.

starrymessenger
12-06-2014, 07:14 AM

But I don't see Orton being all that much more accurate than Manuel was in his wins.

And EJ has better mobility than Orton, was sacked MUCH less & produced with his feet.

Orton is less inaccurate than EJ.

WagonCircler
12-06-2014, 07:52 AM

EJ is less accurate than any starting QB who has played in the NFL in years. That's why he's holding a clipboard.

EJ produces with his feet until he hurts his glass knees again.

With accuracy, there are varying degrees, just like with speed. You can only improve your 40 time by small increments. It's a gift. You may shave two-enths of a second off of it, but you're not going to shave two seconds off.

There are many factors that affect accuracy, and some of them, like your natural depth perception, ability to process visual information quickly, hand-eye coordination, are issued at birth, and can only be improved incrementally, like your 40 time.

EJ sucks ****** elephant balls. He will be out of football in 3 years.

better days
12-06-2014, 08:38 AM
EJ is less accurate than any starting QB who has played in the NFL in years. That's why he's holding a clipboard.

EJ produces with his feet until he hurts his glass knees again.

With accuracy, there are varying degrees, just like with speed. You can only improve your 40 time by small increments. It's a gift. You may shave two-enths of a second off of it, but you're not going to shave two seconds off.

There are many factors that affect accuracy, and some of them, like your natural depth perception, ability to process visual information quickly, hand-eye coordination, are issued at birth, and can only be improved incrementally, like your 40 time.

EJ sucks ****** elephant balls. He will be out of football in 3 years.

He may not be a starter, but I can see EJ playing a lot longer than 3 years in the NFL.

swiper
12-06-2014, 09:21 AM
LOL. We know. You've said. You're so wrong that is is laughable. But it far from the first time you've made laughable claims.

Mouldsie
12-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Absolutely. Bills fans love drama and dysfunction. RGIII gives that by the shovelful. He can lose games and get injured with the best of them, and can extend our playoff drought indefinitely, especially if we trade a couple of first round picks for him. Opi would have a 6 month tantric orgasm.
You wouldn't make him the starter.... starts at the bottom of the depth chart

Mouldsie
12-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Nailed it:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Griffin-speed-might-slow-his-progress-jason-whitlock-analysis-022712

Can it be undone?

WagonCircler
12-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Nailed it:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Griffin-speed-might-slow-his-progress-jason-whitlock-analysis-022712

Can it be undone?

Nailed it?

This article, from last June, doesn't address any of RGIII's biggest problems, which are, by all accounts, attitude, work ethic, discipline and leadership, maturity, and likely several others, including grasping the complexities of the position.

His problem is that he's too athletic?

How 'bout, no?

Mace
12-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Yes ! This was always my thought, but I'm thinking the dairy & frozen kid at Wegmans is more special teams.

Mouldsie
12-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Nailed it?

This article, from last June, doesn't address any of RGIII's biggest problems, which are, by all accounts, attitude, work ethic, discipline and leadership, maturity, and likely several others, including grasping the complexities of the position.

His problem is that he's too athletic?

How 'bout, no?
It was written pre-draft. And yes it does?

Mouldsie
12-06-2014, 07:18 PM
The reality of the situation is that we don't have a 1st round pick and we are coming up on another weak QB draft. EJ and Orton are not answers IMO and something must be done to try and find a QB for this organization. RG3 is a longshot but he's a better option than Brian Hoyer IMO

Mace
12-06-2014, 07:27 PM
The reality of the situation is that we don't have a 1st round pick and we are coming up on another weak QB draft. EJ and Orton are not answers IMO and something must be done to try and find a QB for this organization. RG3 is a longshot but he's a better option than Brian Hoyer IMO

I just don't see either being a better option unfortunately, than Kyle Orton. Sad but true.

Mouldsie
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I just don't see either being a better option unfortunately, than Kyle Orton. Sad but true.
Who is? Or is your vote "do nothing?"

Ingtar33
12-06-2014, 07:35 PM

Orton is the best option we have.

Unless we want to regress next year we will need to either resign him or sign someone better in the offseason.

Otherwise i guarantee our win/loss numbers will be worse then this years.

Mace
12-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Who is? Or is your vote "do nothing?"

My vote is keep Orton.

And yes, I know what that means, and yes it makes me concerned, and yes, I think that's our best shot atm, all things considered.

better days
12-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Orton is the best option we have.

Unless we want to regress next year we will need to either resign him or sign someone better in the offseason.

Otherwise i guarantee our win/loss numbers will be worse then this years.

Well, lets see how Orton plays these last four games before we talk about resigning him.

There will be other FA QBs available in the off season.

Ingtar33
12-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Well, lets see how Orton plays these last four games before we talk about resigning him.

There will be other FA QBs available in the off season.

i'll lay it out there like this. The only possible QB who will be on the market who will be a better option then orton will probably be jay cutler. And jay cutler isn't a better option then orton... more of a sidegrade. I say we draft a number of QBs every year. bring in FA as well, but i think we're gonna have to hitch the wagons to Orton for a while till we hunt down a better option.

~this isn't me saying that orton is a great option at QB. just that he's at the forefront of the 2nd tier guys, and getting your hands on a tier 1 guy is very hard in this league.

better days
12-07-2014, 08:15 AM
i'll lay it out there like this. The only possible QB who will be on the market who will be a better option then orton will probably be jay cutler. And jay cutler isn't a better option then orton... more of a sidegrade. I say we draft a number of QBs every year. bring in FA as well, but i think we're gonna have to hitch the wagons to Orton for a while till we hunt down a better option.

~this isn't me saying that orton is a great option at QB. just that he's at the forefront of the 2nd tier guys, and getting your hands on a tier 1 guy is very hard in this league.

Well, I would take Cutler over Orton myself.

But Sam Bradford will be available as well as some others, maybe Hoyer.

If Orton can't win two more games out of the four left, I would rather see someone else at QB next year.

And I would want a different OC as well, at the least.

YardRat
12-07-2014, 08:19 AM

The kid bagging groceries at Hy-Vee did OK.

better days
12-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Buffalo does not have the coaching staff or organizational competence to handle an RGIII ressurection.

What team does?

My answer to that question would be no team.

Lipstick on a pig.

Polishing a turd.

WagonCircler
12-07-2014, 09:52 AM
My vote is keep Orton.

And yes, I know what that means, and yes it makes me concerned, and yes, I think that's our best shot atm, all things considered.

What they need to do is keep Orton and ditch EJ. Then take your best shot at a Bradford of a Cutler or a draft choice in the 2nd round and have them compete with Orton.

Keeping EJ around is a fool's errand and does nothing but forestall the inevitable.

Orton is a very good backup and he's good enough to win at about a .500 clip, and as such, he is worth hanging on to. This cannot be said for EJ. He is what he is, and he needs to go be that thing somewhere else.

better days
12-07-2014, 11:00 AM
What they need to do is keep Orton and ditch EJ. Then take your best shot at a Bradford of a Cutler or a draft choice in the 2nd round and have them compete with Orton.

Keeping EJ around is a fool's errand and does nothing but forestall the inevitable.

Orton is a very good backup and he's good enough to win at about a .500 clip, and as such, he is worth hanging on to. This cannot be said for EJ. He is what he is, and he needs to go be that thing somewhere else.

Well, EJ was .500 when he was benched.

I'm not convinced he can't be at least that going forward.

I would be for signing a Cutler or Bradford, draft a QB & keep EJ & cut Orton if Orton can not win at least 2 of the next 4 games.

Mouldsie
12-13-2014, 11:05 PM
If Orton is the best we can do we may as well give up and start another rebuilding process

better days
12-14-2014, 07:03 AM
There is talk Eli Manning may be available next year if he doesn't agree to take a pay cut.

YardRat
12-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Pass on Eli too.