PDA

View Full Version : Sign Kyle Orton To A 3 Year Contract ASAP

BillsImpossible
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick.

He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for.

He is quietly having an excellent year.

He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4% completion percentage, 12 TD's, 3 INT's, and 1,810 yards passing.

To me that says KO is an over 60% completion percentage, at least 24 TD's, 6 INT's, and 3,620 passing yards of a quarterback in 14 games.

Orton is having his best season ever statistically in Nathaniel Hackett's offense.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/careerstats

The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine.

He's a 4,000 yard plus passer in 16 games.

Strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Veteran poise and leadership qualities you can't teach. Reads defenses well. Knows when and how to take a sack. Been there, done that before attitude. Likes beer.

Can't teach experience either.

I want Kyle Orton to be the Bills franchise quarterback that wins Buffalo a Super Bowl.

elltrain22
11-26-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm good with giving him a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract. He's been pretty good. What we need, is 1-2 legit OG/OT. If we could figure out how to run the ball, I think our offense could drastically improve, like our dee did this year.

BillsImpossible
11-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm good with giving him a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract. He's been pretty good. What we need, is 1-2 legit OG/OT. If we could figure out how to run the ball, I think our offense could drastically improve, like our dee did this year.

A 1 or 2 year contract is a slap in the face to that kind of talent.

YardRat
11-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I'd still wait a few more weeks.

Night Train
11-26-2014, 07:07 PM
He has a player option he controls and will pick it up. No one will offer him more.

Mr. Miyagi
11-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Keep your panties on. 3 days ago we were all screaming to cut him. The guy is not "that kind of talent". He's an okay journeyman, nothing that special.

Goobylal
11-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I'd let him decide on opting out of his contract or not. If he does, goodbye. If he stays, I'd still draft or trade for a QB and let all 3 (him, EJ, and new guy) compete for the job.

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 07:24 PM
He played his cards right, waiting out DAL to cut him, cashed in, was signed by BUF at an outrageously high mid-season contract, presided over a 1 point victory over a crippled DET club, 1 point over a crippled MIN club with brain-dead management, presided over 2 poundings of the disaster called the Jets, was at the helm for losses to KC and MIA. I am impressed by his pocket presence...he's a decent pro. He's played better for BUF than I thought he would.

But I can't see them offering him another contract unless he somehow forges them into a WC spot. Very nice if that happens, but the deck is stacked against them as we know.

BillsImpossible
11-26-2014, 07:31 PM
He played his cards right, waiting out DAL to cut him, cashed in, was signed by BUF at an outrageously high mid-season contract, presided over a 1 point victory over a crippled DET club, 1 point over a crippled MIN club with brain-dead management, presided over 2 poundings of the disaster called the Jets, was at the helm for losses to KC and MIA. I am impressed by his pocket presence...he's a decent pro. He's played better for BUF than I thought he would.

But I can't see them offering him another contract unless he somehow forges them into a WC spot. Very nice if that happens, but the deck is stacked against them as we know.

Why does Carson Palmer come to my mind?

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Why does Carson Palmer come to my mind?

There is no comparison between the talent of a Palmer and an Orton.

Scumbag College
11-26-2014, 07:51 PM
He's probably the best option that we have as a starter in 2015 unless the front office makes a huge move, the lights suddenly turn on for EJ, or miraculously a franchise QB falls to the second round that's ready to start from Opening Day 2015. Good starting QBs hit the FA market once in a generation, the last one that comes to mind was Brees and he had arm injury concerns and the Chargers already had a back up plan in a young Felipe Rios. And I don't think there is a team that's dying to pay Orton more than the Bills are already paying him. Orton and his agent turned out to be pretty shrewd business wise, saying and doing all the things to get him cut in Dallas and waiting out the entire preseason to get signed for great money. He will be a Bill in 2015 and more than likely starting here Week One.

stuckincincy
11-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Good post.

Thurmal
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
He's better than any other viable option. That's the bottom line. I live in DC and I would physically wretch if we traded for coach-killer, egomaniac RG3.

Orton isn't perfect by any means, and we won't win a SB with him, but I like feeling like the Bills can pick up a 3rd and 9 when the situation arises. He's good enough for right now, no?

Dr. Lecter
11-26-2014, 08:32 PM
FWIW, I don't think they can sign him until after the end of the NFL year.

Unless I'm mistaken, teams can only sign a player to one deal each NFL season (unless he is waived and re-signed)

i.e., they can't extend Orton or Brandon Spikes

Luisito23
11-26-2014, 09:00 PM

:lmao:

justasportsfan
11-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I want Kyle Orton to be the Bills franchise quarterback that wins Buffalo a Super Bowl.

franchise, super bowl and Ortpn shouldn't be in the same sentence

YardRat
11-26-2014, 09:34 PM
FWIW, I don't think they can sign him until after the end of the NFL year.

Unless I'm mistaken, teams can only sign a player to one deal each NFL season (unless he is waived and re-signed)

i.e., they can't extend Orton or Brandon Spikes

Now that you bring it up, I thought that may be the case also, but---

1-I can't find the language in the CBA
2-Branch signed his one-year deal with Buffalo on April 2, 2013, and his 3 year extension on December 27, 2013. The league year started March 12, 2013, and ended March 10, 2014.

sudzy
11-27-2014, 04:59 AM
Orton is OK. I have no problem keeping him here to hold the fort down while the Bills search for the next "QB of the future", but I wouldn't make a huge investment in him.

Novacane
11-27-2014, 05:31 AM

You need help!

swiper
11-27-2014, 05:53 AM
:lmao:

This from a fan of a team that has such a string of losing QBs is confusing. In case you're confused or ignorant:

Kyle Orton, right now is:

#9 in the NFL in completion percentage.

#9 in the NFL in overall QB rating.

#13 in the NFL in passing yards per game

When was the last time the Bills had a QB in the top ten?

He's worth the money if they can just ride him for 2 or 3 more years, while Whaley tries to pull a better QB out of his ass. Let's hope he doesn't give away any more #1 draft picks first.

coastal
11-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Please just get me two guards and a RT please.

Mahdi
11-27-2014, 07:01 AM
No rush, let's wait and see how he does against Browns, Packers, Patriots defenses who are good against the pass.

mightysimi
11-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Where else can he go? It's all about options. Here he starts, somewhere else he competes for the job. Would he take 5M and start with at chance to earn a bunch more or take 6M and compete somewhere. I can't think of any team that would take him for what he would want to make.

YardRat
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
No rush, let's wait and see how he does against Browns, Packers, Patriots defenses who are good against the pass.

The Browns and Packers are pretty piss poor against the run, so I thinks it's safe to conclude (just like when Buffalo allegedly had a 'great' pass defense but was swiss cheese on the ground) that it's more an indication of teams being able to run the ball on them. I certainly wouldn't expect Orton to light up any of the three, because if he does it means we're not doing the job on the ground, or are way behind and playing catch-up. I'll take modest numbers and a win against those teams versus flashy stats by Orton and not hold it against him.

Mahdi
11-27-2014, 09:01 AM
The Browns and Packers are pretty piss poor against the run, so I thinks it's safe to conclude (just like when Buffalo allegedly had a 'great' pass defense but was swiss cheese on the ground) that it's more an indication of teams being able to run the ball on them. I certainly wouldn't expect Orton to light up any of the three, because if he does it means we're not doing the job on the ground, or are way behind and playing catch-up. I'll take modest numbers and a win against those teams versus flashy stats by Orton and not hold it against him.

Ya but he still needs to make plays and that is something we'll need in order to beat those teams. Even if we run the ball well we will need Orton to make some big throws in the redzone and on 3rd down.

DraftBoy
11-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Please just get me two guards and a RT please.

RT? Henderson has probably been our best OL. Are you thinking he won't get any better?

DraftBoy
11-27-2014, 09:13 AM
There is no need to over complicate things. The Bills are taking a QB somewhere in their first few picks in the draft as the guy they see as the future. Ideally Orton picks up his option is the starter all of next year letting the rookie sit and learn and then at the end of the 2015 season he retires as the age of 34 and gave the Bills two great years.

The Jokeman
11-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Where else can he go? It's all about options. Here he starts, somewhere else he competes for the job. Would he take 5M and start with at chance to earn a bunch more or take 6M and compete somewhere. I can't think of any team that would take him for what he would want to make.

If Orton wants to start his only option is here. I have a feeling that's what he wants to do so assuming we finish with a strong finish to the season (see a winning season). I think Orton sticks around and we draft a QB to pair with EJ to develop beyond him. I mentioned Chuckie Keeton in another thread as a 5th Round possibility. That said to me this offseason is about re-signing Hughes and Spikes, getting a true starter at TE (see throw money at Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas) and starting caliber OG (or two). I'd also look to groom a successor to Fred Jackson. Guys like Javorius Allen or Jeremy Langford are targets as is Storm Woods. I'd also draft a DE or DT to add to the mix.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2014, 10:14 AM
RT? Henderson has probably been our best OL. Are you thinking he won't get any better?
He might have been early in the season, but he's been crap the last 5-6 games

better days
11-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Orton had a good day against a MEDIOCRE Jets secondary.

Let's see how Orton does against the Browns with their good secondary & Pettine's blitzing.

If the Bills can beat the Browns, I think they can beat the Broncos.

The Jokeman
11-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Orton had a good day against a MEDIOCRE Jets secondary.

Let's see how Orton does against the Browns with their good secondary & Pettine's blitzing.

If the Bills can beat the Browns, I think they can beat the Broncos.

the Browns and Broncos aren't in the same level when it comes to competition. We should beat the Browns but then again I thought we should have beaten the Texans, KC and Miami. In terms of the Broncos. It's tough as they have two WRs that are dangerous and a guy in Welker who can be a match up headache. Toss in the Peyton factor, I do like that he/they struggled against the Rams, who like the Bills have an above average defensive line.

better days
11-27-2014, 12:14 PM
the Browns and Broncos aren't in the same level when it comes to competition. We should beat the Browns but then again I thought we should have beaten the Texans, KC and Miami. In terms of the Broncos. It's tough as they have two WRs that are dangerous and a guy in Welker who can be a match up headache. Toss in the Peyton factor, I do like that he/they struggled against the Rams, who like the Bills have an above average defensive line.

Orton has shown he can play well against a mediocre secondary while having a lot of time to throw.

If he can play that well while under pressure against a good Browns secondary, I think he should be able to play well against the Broncos as well.

feldspar
11-27-2014, 12:17 PM
He's probably the best option that we have as a starter in 2015

Yep.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick.

He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for.

He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4% completion percentage, 12 TD's, 3 INT's, and 1,810 yards passing.

To me that says KO is an over 60% completion percentage, at least 24 TD's, 6 INT's, and 3,620 passing yards of a quarterback in 14 games.

Orton is having his best season ever statistically in Nathaniel Hackett's offense.

Strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Veteran poise and leadership qualities you can't teach. Reads defenses well. Knows when and how to take a sack. Been there, done that before attitude. Likes beer.

No

whkfc
11-27-2014, 07:21 PM

Are you Kyle Ortons mom?

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Did nobody learn their ****ing lesson with Ryan Fitzpatrick?

sudzy
11-28-2014, 06:32 AM

I'm not sure if he's been our best OL this year, but, he has the most potential. To coastal's point, the whole line needs an upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Richardson, yet, either. I'd love to see 2 guards and a tackle brought in. Open competition in training camp and the best 5 guys start. Up till now, Whaley has been horrible at finding talent at guard though.

DraftBoy
11-28-2014, 06:46 AM
He might have been early in the season, but he's been crap the last 5-6 games

He's been better than that. He played pretty well on Monday night. I agree he's fallen off some but keep in mind a lot of rookies struggle to finish out there season because of the difference in the length of the season. I don't see a good reason to replace him given how bad the other four spots have been all year long.

DraftBoy
11-28-2014, 06:47 AM
I'm not sure if he's been our best OL this year, but, he has the most potential. To coastal's point, the whole line needs an upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Richardson, yet, either. I'd love to see 2 guards and a tackle brought in. Open competition in training camp and the best 5 guys start. Up till now, Whaley has been horrible at finding talent at guard though.

I can't think of one who has been better all year long. I agree the whole OL needs a massive upgrade and we have to figure out what the hell happened with Glenn and Wood.

Mahdi
11-28-2014, 08:14 AM
I can't think of one who has been better all year long. I agree the whole OL needs a massive upgrade and we have to figure out what the hell happened with Glenn and Wood.

Glenn didn't have a TC, Wood is playing with terrible G on either side of him, that would have a big effect on any C.

Look at Mangold when he had Alan Faneca and Brandon Moore compared to now. He's not able to do all the same things.

better days
11-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Glenn didn't have a TC, Wood is playing with terrible G on either side of him, that would have a big effect on any C.

Look at Mangold when he had Alan Faneca and Brandon Moore compared to now. He's not able to do all the same things.

Well, I read the Bills are using a zone blocking scheme.

That is stupid with the OL players on the Bills.

These guys are BIG maulers, not smaller athletic types that are better suited for zone blocking schemes.

Mahdi
11-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Well, I read the Bills are using a zone blocking scheme.

That is stupid with the OL players on the Bills.

These guys are BIG maulers, not smaller athletic types that are better suited for zone blocking schemes.

Bills are a man blocking scheme now. Under Gailey they were zone. That is why they didn't keep Levitre because he's a zone type of guy.

better days
11-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Bills are a man blocking scheme now. Under Gailey they were zone. That is why they didn't keep Levitre because he's a zone type of guy.

Yeah, well I just read this, it is about the team today, not under Gailey, I don't know if it is true or not.

BillsImpossible
11-28-2014, 06:19 PM

Kyle Orton is a much better QB than Fitz because he doesn't have a noodle arm.

Orton's arm is a lot stronger, and more accurate. He throws the ball with ease.

When Fitz threw the ball, he had to put everything he had in to his throws and it showed.

Fitzpatrick's best year was in 2011. He threw for 3,832 yards. Since then, his play has regressed.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanfitzpatrick/2506581/careerstats

Orton is on pace for his best year ever, or at least since 2009. He's not regressing, he's getting better.

Prior to this year, Orton only played in 13 games in 3 seasons.

Prior to this year, Fitzpatrick played in 43 games in 3 seasons.

They are not one in the same kind of quarterback.

Fitzpatrick has 117 TD's and 101 Int's in 94 games.

Orton has 95 TD's and and 62 Int's in 82 games.

Orton has far fewer picks than Fitz because he has a much stronger arm and doesn't have to force throws.

In another post, I mentioned how KO was the first QB since Jim Kelly to throw for so many yards in 3 consecutive games.

Kyle Orton is the better quarterback.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Kyle Orton is a much better QB than Fitz because he doesn't have a noodle arm.

Orton's arm is a lot stronger, and more accurate. He throws the ball with ease.

When Fitz threw the ball, he had to put everything he had in to his throws and it showed.

Fitzpatrick's best year was in 2011. He threw for 3,832 yards. Since then, his play has regressed.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanfitzpatrick/2506581/careerstats

Orton is on pace for his best year ever, or at least since 2009. He's not regressing, he's getting better.

Prior to this year, Orton only played in 13 games in 3 seasons.

Prior to this year, Fitzpatrick played in 43 games in 3 seasons.

They are not one in the same kind of quarterback.

Fitzpatrick has 117 TD's and 101 Int's in 94 games.

Orton has 95 TD's and and 62 Int's in 82 games.

Orton has far fewer picks than Fitz because he has a much stronger arm and doesn't have to force throws.

In another post, I mentioned how KO was the first QB since Jim Kelly to throw for so many yards in 3 consecutive games.

Kyle Orton is the better quarterback.

I don't care. You wait until the rest of the season has been played. If he walks? Who cares. He is an average QB.

DraftBoy
11-29-2014, 08:33 AM

I don't disagree about Wood but both he and Glenn are showing technique issues with their footwork that don't rely on those around them.

The struggles for Glenn early could be excused by missing TC. So unless that illness was far worse than whats been reported he should have his game back by now.

Albany,n.y.
11-29-2014, 09:21 AM
franchise, super bowl and Ortpn shouldn't be in the same sentence
Sure they can:

Kyle Orton attended this year's Super Bowl, watching his former franchise, the Denver Broncos, play in the big game.

swiper
11-29-2014, 03:55 PM

Fitzpatrick always finished 20th or worse. Orton finsished top ten in 2010 - his last full year. And is at #9 right now. So this comment couldn't be more off the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, well I just read this, it is about the team today, not under Gailey, I don't know if it is true or not.

It is true.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Fitzpatrick always finished 20th or worse. Orton finsished top ten in 2010 - his last full year. And is at #9 right now. So this comment couldn't be more off the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

It is true.

Bull****. Lets see where he is at the end of the year. I'm guessing 20th

djjimkelly
11-30-2014, 12:10 PM
3 years 45 cents if he shines the eventual starters shoes before each game 100K a year for 3 years

Novacane
11-30-2014, 12:26 PM
This is such a stupid thread.

notacon
11-30-2014, 12:56 PM

This has has got to be the most insanely ridiculous and stupid post I have ever seen.

"The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine."!?!?! Are you serious??

The "full potential" of Orton is to be one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

This is post is beyond delusional, beyond insane, beyond homer optimistic....it's awful...blindingly awful.

notacon
11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Oh...Orton sucks.

Novacane
11-30-2014, 01:02 PM
This has has got to be the most insanely ridiculous and stupid post I have ever seen.

"The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine."!?!?! Are you serious??

The "full potential" of Orton is to be one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

This is post is beyond delusional, beyond insane, beyond homer optimistic....it's awful...blindingly awful.

You haven't been reading enough of impossibles posts lol

better days
12-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Well, I would be happy if the Bills signed Orton to a 3 year contract....as long as it is an incentive laden contract & he does not get starters money unless he starts.

And even then it should be the least amount of money for any Vet Starter. If he produces, the incentives can come into play.

Mr. Cynical
12-01-2014, 05:52 PM
He's a career .500 QB and is only one game above that mark. My gut tells me he'll continue that trend and will be 5-6 at the end of the season. Is it all on him? No, of course not. But the facts are the facts - he's always been at or around .500 and at this point in his career he's not going to all of a sudden become a winning QB. I'm fine with keeping him around another 1-2 years in the sole event they can't find anyone else, but IMO as long as he's the QB, they are looking at 9-7 as the best they can do (in any season)

djjimkelly
12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
He's a career .500 QB and is only one game above that mark. My gut tells me he'll continue that trend and will be 5-6 at the end of the season. Is it all on him? No, of course not. But the facts are the facts - he's always been at or around .500 and at this point in his career he's not going to all of a sudden become a winning QB. I'm fine with keeping him around another 1-2 years in the sole event they can't find anyone else, but IMO as long as he's the QB, they are looking at 9-7 as the best they can do (in any season)

how about u take away 2 huge seasons with the bears when they had an all star D hes about a .350 qb

justasportsfan
12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Our lack of a vertical game is partly because of Orton's inconsistent deep ball accuracy.

WagonCircler
12-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Our lack of a vertical game is partly because of Orton's inconsistent deep ball accuracy.

See, this is an excellent illustration of an important point.

You are basically stuck with the level of accuracy that you were born with.

You can work hard to improve it, and you can move the needle a little bit, but consistent accuracy comes as a combination of hard work and natural talent.

Kyle Orton has been in the league for 10 years. He basically has the same level of accuracy he has had throughout his career.

He's a better QB now, because he has brass balls and he's a pretty smart player. Very much like Fitzy.

So the idea that EJ Manuel is going to miraculously become Drew Brees is nothing more than a fantasy.

He has the exact same problems that he had throughout his career at FSU, and he will have them until he goes the way of Trent Edwards--out of football.

If this team had a genuine NFL starting QB, not even a franchise QB, just a bona fide number one, solid QB, they would absolutely be playoff bound.

I say we extend Orton for a year or two, while we draft/sign/trade for and develop a future starter.

The EJ experiment needs to be over. Every snap he takes will be delaying the inevitable.

Let him go be somebody else's problem.

BidsJr
12-01-2014, 07:18 PM
See, this is an excellent illustration of an important point.

You are basically stuck with the level of accuracy that you were born with.

You can work hard to improve it, and you can move the needle a little bit, but consistent accuracy comes as a combination of hard work and natural talent.

Kyle Orton has been in the league for 10 years. He basically has the same level of accuracy he has had throughout his career.

He's a better QB now, because he has brass balls and he's a pretty smart player. Very much like Fitzy.

So the idea that EJ Manuel is going to miraculously become Drew Brees is nothing more than a fantasy.

He has the exact same problems that he had throughout his career at FSU, and he will have them until he goes the way of Trent Edwards--out of football.

If this team had a genuine NFL starting QB, not even a franchise QB, just a bona fide number one, solid QB, they would absolutely be playoff bound.

I say we extend Orton for a year or two, while we draft/sign/trade for and develop a future starter.

The EJ experiment needs to be over. Every snap he takes will be delaying the inevitable.

Let him go be somebody else's problem.

EJ had better completion numbers in both college and his first bit in the NFL by a pretty decent margin. I am not disagreeing that he is not Drew Brees, but it really is impossible to compare the two at this moment in time.

WagonCircler
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
EJ had better completion numbers in both college and his first bit in the NFL by a pretty decent margin. I am not disagreeing that he is not Drew Brees, but it really is impossible to compare the two at this moment in time.

In both cases, he threw an exceptionally low number of downfield passes. And in college, he was throwing to wide open receivers who were superior athletes. There are no Eastern Carolinas in the NFL.

BidsJr
12-01-2014, 08:09 PM
In both cases, he threw an exceptionally low number of downfield passes. And in college, he was throwing to wide open receivers who were superior athletes. There are no Eastern Carolinas in the NFL.

So can you show me how this corresponded with Brees throw chart? Or are you just pulling this out of your buttocks?

WagonCircler
12-01-2014, 08:35 PM
So can you show me how this corresponded with Brees throw chart? Or are you just pulling this out of your buttocks?

I've seen it before, more than once (EJ's throw chart), but I'm too tired to dig it up.

Besides, if you think EJ is going to become Drew Brees, you believe in unicorns.

EJ is Trent Edwards. And he will go the way of Trent Edwards.

Here's a scouting report on Brees, coming out of Purdue:

Drew Brees
By: Dave-Te' Thomas

#15-DREW BREES Purdue University Boilermakers 5:11.7-221

ANALYSIS
Positives... Touch passer with the ability to read and diagnose defensive coverages...Confident leader who knows how to take command in the huddle...Very tough and mobile moving around in the pocket...Has a quick setup and is very effective throwing on the move...Throws across his body with great consistency...Hits receivers in stride and improvises his throws in order to make a completion...Puts good zip behind the short and mid-range passes...Shows good judgement and keen field vision...Has a take-charge attitude and is very cool under pressure...Hits receivers in motion with impressive velocity...Has superb pocket presence and uses all of his offensive weapons in order to move the chains...Has solid body mechanics and quickness moving away from center... Elusive scrambler with the body control to avoid the rush.

He's obviously categorized as a passer with all the tools, and with excellent mechanics, accuracy and arm strength.

On the other hand, here's an analysis of EJ:

EJ has demonstrated high levels of proficiency at times. He has also displayed levels of inconsistency at even the fundamental aspects of quarterback play that raise serious questions about his ultimate ceiling as a QB. The frustrating part of these inconsistencies is that they are so very inconsistent and appear seemingly at random. For a coach trying to address these issues it must feel like a game of whack-a-mole; as soon as you resolve one deficiency, another that you thought you had fixed reappears. This suggests a quarterback who has not sufficiently mastered the fundamental aspects of the position to the point that they happen automatically.

If EJ is thinking about footwork, then mechanics go to hell. If he starts to think about mechanics and footwork, then he forgets to make a necessary pass protection check, etc. etc.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/4/25/4264734/nfl-draft-2013-ej-manuel-next-level-florida-state

Novacane
12-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Still think they better hurry and extend Orton?

blackonyx89
12-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Still think they better hurry and extend Orton?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Cut Orton and EJ loose and get a better QB and back up. No draft picks, we don't have time for him to develop. Get a guy in here that will put
points on the board and can win more than 7 or 8 games.

Night Train
12-08-2014, 07:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Cut Orton and EJ loose and get a better QB and back up. No draft picks, we don't have time for him to develop. Get a guy in here that will put
points on the board and can win more than 7 or 8 games.

Staples just stocked the shelves with them, right next to the EASY button.

better days
12-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I think we all need to let the owner know we are not happy with Marrone/Hackett or Orton.

They should all be cut loose next year.

Mahdi
12-08-2014, 09:14 AM
IMO, you extend Orton for a year, sign Mark Sanchez, keep EJ and draft a young QB in rd. 3 or 4.

Cut the worst in TC.

And if we can pay peanuts for RGIII, do it.

Keep Marrone.

better days
12-08-2014, 09:37 AM
IMO, you extend Orton for a year, sign Mark Sanchez, keep EJ and draft a young QB in rd. 3 or 4.

Cut the worst in TC.

Keep Marrone.

Orton has the option to stay, but I wouldn't pay him one cent more than his present contract to keep him.

And if the Bills could sign ANYONE decent like Cutler or Sanchez, I would cut Orton.

And Marrone can go & has to go unless he hires a new OC.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Orton has the option to stay, but I wouldn't pay him one cent more than his present contract to keep him.

And if the Bills could sign ANYONE decent like Cutler or Sanchez, I would cut Orton.

And Marrone can go & has to go unless he hires a new OC.

i really don't think cutler or Sanchez are upgrades but that's just me.

trapezeus
12-08-2014, 10:28 AM
this team needs better running backs if it simply wants to make the playoffs next year. they need more dixon's who can take the punishment and dish it out. then let the backs set the identity of run first and run often.

the current, "oh orton can throw it 50 times and that should get a win" approach is ridiculous.

if the bills want a long term solution, with the loss of the pick, a shallow QB class, and a d that can win now if it just had a middling offense, the answer seems to me to try and jerryrig a capable offense through the running attack. we aren't going to get a ridiculous upgrade to get competent play with the current coaching staff

WagonCircler
12-08-2014, 10:41 AM
this team needs better running backs if it simply wants to make the playoffs next year. they need more dixon's who can take the punishment and dish it out. then let the backs set the identity of run first and run often.

I'm not sure that we don't already have exactly what we need at RB, as long as we get some interior linemen who can, you know...actually block.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2014, 10:45 AM

Cut the worst in TC.

Keep Marrone.

Gross

HAMMER
12-08-2014, 10:45 AM
RB is not the problem with this team.

Mahdi
12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Gross

Well that's the best we're going to do.

We have a team ready to win now and how long Buffalo will keep all these pieces together is questionable. You need a QB that can score points.

I think Sanchez is a good vet to have, I think we need a young kid no matter what and I think RGIII can be brought back to his rookie form.

Bill Cody
12-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Well that's the best we're going to do.

We have a team ready to win now and how long Buffalo will keep all these pieces together is questionable. You need a QB that can score points.

I think Sanchez is a good vet to have, I think we need a young kid no matter what and I think RGIII can be brought back to his rookie form.

I just got in the full scouting reports on these players:

Sanchez SUCKS
Cutler SUCKS
RG III REALLY SUCKS

X-Era
12-08-2014, 04:07 PM
No. Do not resign Orton. He can compete next year for the starting job.

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Cut the worst in TC.

Keep Marrone.

I can't see Sanchez signing another one year deal I bet he does his best to get a long term deal done with the Eagles. To me if Orton isn't kept a logical veteran to bring in is Christian Ponder as he has some ties to EJ from their FSU days so could be mentorish and an okay veteran backup alternative. That said I'd also draft a guy to develop. The QB I've been eyeing recently is Chuckie Keeton from Utah State.

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 04:36 PM
RB is not the problem with this team.
If Spiller doesn't return it might be a problem. I'm all for looking for a guy to replace Freddie in 2016. Javorius Allen is an intriguing prospect to look at if he fell in Round 3 of the draft.

HAMMER
12-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I can't believe there are people here pining for Mark Sanchez, just goes to show how little the message board GM's know.

BillsImpossible
12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Kyle Orton had a better game yesterday than Peyton Manning did.

38-57 for 355 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks against one of the league's best defenses.

Dare I say those are Tony Romo like numbers?

Manning was 14-20 for 173 yards, zero touchdowns and 2 picks against one of the league's best defenses.

Who had the better game? Kyle Orton did.

All WGR did today was bash how bad Kyle Orton was, while totally ignoring the giant 10,000 pound zebras in the room and making fun of people that think the NFL has a serious refereeing problem.

Kyle Orton made a couple of bad throws.

Peyton Manning made a couple of bad throws.

Orton has the scrambling ability of Peyton Manning; they both have none.

I personally feel that if the referees did not steal the Bills momentum and give Denver 14 points on 2 crucial 3rd downs alone, the Bills would have won the game.

Denver's first two touchdowns were gifts, wrapped in yellow.

Woodman
12-08-2014, 06:19 PM
3 year minimum.

have Manning in Fantasy 9.something he set a record for suck yesterday.

should of been worse .. 2 picks were minimized by penalty on return.

better days
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Kyle Orton had a better game yesterday than Peyton Manning did.

38-57 for 355 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks against one of the league's best defenses.

Dare I say those are Tony Romo like numbers?

Manning was 14-20 for 173 yards, zero touchdowns and 2 picks against one of the league's best defenses.

Who had the better game? Kyle Orton did.

All WGR did today was bash how bad Kyle Orton was, while totally ignoring the giant 10,000 pound zebras in the room and making fun of people that think the NFL has a serious refereeing problem.

Kyle Orton made a couple of bad throws.

Peyton Manning made a couple of bad throws.

Orton has the scrambling ability of Peyton Manning; they both have none.

I personally feel that if the referees did not steal the Bills momentum and give Denver 14 points on 2 crucial 3rd downs alone, the Bills would have won the game.

Denver's first two touchdowns were gifts, wrapped in yellow.

Perfect example of why stats are BS & numbers LIE.

Ortons numbers came at the end of the game when the Bills had no chance of winning.

djjimkelly
12-11-2014, 06:26 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/staying-with-orton-means-marrone-has-little-faith-in-ej-20141210

lets sign him lol

articles like this make me know orton is a joke but marrone is the 60 minute program with 60 jokes

i want marrone fired badly

Novacane
12-11-2014, 06:42 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/staying-with-orton-means-marrone-has-little-faith-in-ej-20141210

lets sign him lol

articles like this make me know orton is a joke but marrone is the 60 minute program with 60 jokes

i want marrone fired badly

It sounds like he has a real problem with Whaley. One of them has to go. If Whaley goes a new GM is going to want his own coach. Marones a goner imo.

better days
12-11-2014, 06:58 AM
I can't wait until The Pegula's clean up this mess of a team.

Marrone needs to go.