X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Sign Kyle Orton To A 3 Year Contract ASAP

Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick.

He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for.

He is quietly having an excellent year.

He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4% completion percentage, 12 TD's, 3 INT's, and 1,810 yards passing.

To me that says KO is an over 60% completion percentage, at least 24 TD's, 6 INT's, and 3,620 passing yards of a quarterback in 14 games.

Orton is having his best season ever statistically in Nathaniel Hackett's offense.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine.

He's a 4,000 yard plus passer in 16 games.

Strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Veteran poise and leadership qualities you can't teach. Reads defenses well. Knows when and how to take a sack. Been there, done that before attitude. Likes beer.

Can't teach experience either.

I want Kyle Orton to be the Bills franchise quarterback that wins Buffalo a Super Bowl.
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Sign Kyle Orton To A 3 Year Contract ASAP

I'm good with giving him a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract. He's been pretty good. What we need, is 1-2 legit OG/OT. If we could figure out how to run the ball, I think our offense could drastically improve, like our dee did this year.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
      I'm good with giving him a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract. He's been pretty good. What we need, is 1-2 legit OG/OT. If we could figure out how to run the ball, I think our offense could drastically improve, like our dee did this year.
      A 1 or 2 year contract is a slap in the face to that kind of talent.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'd still wait a few more weeks.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

He has a player option he controls and will pick it up. No one will offer him more.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            Keep your panties on. 3 days ago we were all screaming to cut him. The guy is not "that kind of talent". He's an okay journeyman, nothing that special.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I'd let him decide on opting out of his contract or not. If he does, goodbye. If he stays, I'd still draft or trade for a QB and let all 3 (him, EJ, and new guy) compete for the job.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

He played his cards right, waiting out DAL to cut him, cashed in, was signed by BUF at an outrageously high mid-season contract, presided over a 1 point victory over a crippled DET club, 1 point over a crippled MIN club with brain-dead management, presided over 2 poundings of the disaster called the Jets, was at the helm for losses to KC and MIA. I am impressed by his pocket presence...he's a decent pro. He's played better for BUF than I thought he would.

But I can't see them offering him another contract unless he somehow forges them into a WC spot. Very nice if that happens, but the deck is stacked against them as we know.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  He played his cards right, waiting out DAL to cut him, cashed in, was signed by BUF at an outrageously high mid-season contract, presided over a 1 point victory over a crippled DET club, 1 point over a crippled MIN club with brain-dead management, presided over 2 poundings of the disaster called the Jets, was at the helm for losses to KC and MIA. I am impressed by his pocket presence...he's a decent pro. He's played better for BUF than I thought he would.

But I can't see them offering him another contract unless he somehow forges them into a WC spot. Very nice if that happens, but the deck is stacked against them as we know.
                  Why does Carson Palmer come to my mind?

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Why does Carson Palmer come to my mind?
                    There is no comparison between the talent of a Palmer and an Orton.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

He's probably the best option that we have as a starter in 2015 unless the front office makes a huge move, the lights suddenly turn on for EJ, or miraculously a franchise QB falls to the second round that's ready to start from Opening Day 2015. Good starting QBs hit the FA market once in a generation, the last one that comes to mind was Brees and he had arm injury concerns and the Chargers already had a back up plan in a young Felipe Rios. And I don't think there is a team that's dying to pay Orton more than the Bills are already paying him. Orton and his agent turned out to be pretty shrewd business wise, saying and doing all the things to get him cut in Dallas and waiting out the entire preseason to get signed for great money. He will be a Bill in 2015 and more than likely starting here Week One.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Good post.

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

He's better than any other viable option. That's the bottom line. I live in DC and I would physically wretch if we traded for coach-killer, egomaniac RG3.

Orton isn't perfect by any means, and we won't win a SB with him, but I like feeling like the Bills can pick up a 3rd and 9 when the situation arises. He's good enough for right now, no?
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

FWIW, I don't think they can sign him until after the end of the NFL year.

Unless I'm mistaken, teams can only sign a player to one deal each NFL season (unless he is waived and re-signed)

i.e., they can't extend Orton or Brandon Spikes
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

"Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X