PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 13 Preview - Bills vs Browns

FootballCEO
11-28-2014, 10:46 AM
http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2014-nfl-week-13-preview-browns-vs-bills/

Good afternoon Bills fans! Good luck this week!

Em

The last buffalo fan
11-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I like Sammy coming out of the backfield alot!

Fletch
11-29-2014, 10:56 AM
The Browns average 22 ppg, we should have no trouble at all holding them to below that. Their offense is just not that good. It ranks 13th in yardage and 16th in points and the game's in Buffalo before what will no doubt be a raucous crowd.

Given our losses to NE, SD, and KC, all at home, this is a first and necessary step for this D and team to prove that something has really changed since past seasons. If we cannot beat the Browns then we don't have a shot at beating any remaining opponent besides the Raiders.

better days
11-29-2014, 11:09 AM
I like Sammy coming out of the backfield alot!

Yeah, but with Hackett calling the plays, I doubt we will ever see that.

Fletch
11-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah, but with Hackett calling the plays, I doubt we will ever see that.

While I tended to agree with The last buffalo fan on that, you make a good point. Watkins has only 1 carry for 3 yards all season.

For some reason I'm thinking that they allow him to get a few carries this game. You're right, there's no basis for thinking that though.

The last buffalo fan
11-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Screen passes, double reverses, etc., we need to try something different while trying to take advantages of this guy's skills.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2014, 04:05 PM
If Cameron doesn't play, on D stop Gordon from beating you and make Miles Austin do the work in the passing game. Hoyer has been iffy the past couple of weeks so force some turnovers and then capitalize on them. Their running game has been spotty since Mack went down with injury.

Offensively run run run the ball. Cleveland defensively is not very good against the run and has numerous injuries in the front 7 along with Karlos Dansby. After you lull them to sleep with a bunch of runs go up top on Skrine or Gilbert, no Tashaun Gipson could allow for a streaking wide open Goodwin.

Sammy will likely be a nonfactor with Haden in his grill all game long.

stuckincincy
11-29-2014, 04:47 PM
The Browns average 22 ppg, we should have no trouble at all holding them to below that. Their offense is just not that good. It ranks 13th in yardage and 16th in points and the game's in Buffalo before what will no doubt be a raucous crowd.

Given our losses to NE, SD, and KC, all at home, this is a first and necessary step for this D and team to prove that something has really changed since past seasons. If we cannot beat the Browns then we don't have a shot at beating any remaining opponent besides the Raiders.

TMQ made this comment on their game vs. ATL:

"Sour Tactics Of The Week: Cleveland leading 23-21, Atlanta reached third-and-2 the Browns' 35 with 55 seconds remaining and called time. A moment later a field goal put the home team ahead 24-23, but stopping the clock gave Cleveland time to reply. Cleveland with first-and-10 on its 31 with 32 ticks showing, surely Atlanta won't big blitz! Big blitz, 24-yard gain down the middle. On the next snap, surely Atlanta won't big blitz! Big blitz, 15-yard gain down the middle. Two straight big blitzes have backfired, surely Atlanta -- big blitz, 11-yard gain down the middle and the winning field goal two snaps later.

Touts lauded the return of Josh Gordon, with 120 receiving yards. Two of Brian Hoyer's three interceptions were errant throws targeted to Gordon. in both instances he might have broken up the pass but instead just watched passively as the ball was picked off. When a pass is errant, a wide receiver should turn into a defensive back. Gordon seems to consider this beneath him."...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/TMQWeekTwelve141125/thankful-good-games-turkey-day-tuesday-morning-quarterback

The Natrix
11-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Is tomorrow's game a sellout? Just wondering.

Fletch
11-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Is tomorrow's game a sellout? Just wondering.

That would appear to be the case.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Browns-game-sold-out/13b57da7-ff64-465e-95d9-ca53fd660ee1

The Natrix
11-29-2014, 07:10 PM
So the headline says it's a sellout, but then the article states there are limited seats available?

Anyway, pretty sweet that Jimbo is leading the charge. I wish I was going, as I figure if they win it will probably be the last "high point" feeling of the season.

imbondz
11-29-2014, 07:47 PM
it's only the second time the Bills and Browns have met with winning records after Thanksgiving since 1990.

Fletch
11-29-2014, 08:02 PM
it's only the second time the Bills and Browns have met with winning records after Thanksgiving since 1990.

What concerns me is that the Browns still control their own destiny, we don't.

Also, we really don't have anyone in the secondary that can handle Gordon. Him, Hawkins, Gabriel, Austin, and Benjamin are going to be a handful for our secondary too. Hoyer is averaging less than 1 INT/game and is among the least sacked QBs. If they can run on us I think they'll win it easily.

We're going to need our D to have an uncharacteristic game of takeaways against a team that typically doesn't make them to win it. For some reason I'm anticipating this game more than any other this season, maybe because if we lose it that's pretty much it, and while I didn't have much hope to begin with, then the mathematical goes away too.

stuckincincy
11-29-2014, 09:12 PM
it's only the second time the Bills and Browns have met with winning records after Thanksgiving since 1990. :perplex:

jamze132
11-30-2014, 07:16 AM

Josh Gordon is now back. It completely changes the way defenses play. My guess is the Browns will run all over us today since we'll have to keep a safety over the top all game.

Ginger Vitis
11-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Also, we really don't have anyone in the secondary that can handle Gordon. Him, Hawkins, Gabriel, Austin, and Benjamin are going to be a handful for our secondary too.

Yeah Hawkins,Benjamin, and Gabriel were tough to handle today..2 catches between the 3 of them lol

YardRat
11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
What concerns me is that the Browns still control their own destiny, we don't.

Also, we really don't have anyone in the secondary that can handle Gordon. Him, Hawkins, Gabriel, Austin, and Benjamin are going to be a handful for our secondary too. Hoyer is averaging less than 1 INT/game and is among the least sacked QBs. If they can run on us I think they'll win it easily.

We're going to need our D to have an uncharacteristic game of takeaways against a team that typically doesn't make them to win it. For some reason I'm anticipating this game more than any other this season, maybe because if we lose it that's pretty much it, and while I didn't have much hope to begin with, then the mathematical goes away too.

And you seriously wonder why some question your motivation? Jeeesh.