PDA

View Full Version : Do we need another back?

Dying_-2-_Live
11-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Do you think we will or should show interest in Ray Rice now that he is a FA?

Ingtar33
11-28-2014, 03:19 PM
you'd be foolish not to show interest in ray rice with cj spiller hurt for the year and fred jackson showing his age. Our running game is atrocious, and if we want to make a serious push for the post season we should take a serious look at signing him. if he's healthy and ready to play ball, i'd say bring him in.

*i will not say what i think about him as a human being, nor what he did to his soon to be wife.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Ray Rice is garbage off the field and was garbage on the field last year.

Pass.

HAMMER
11-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Our RB situation is good, no need to bring in that kind of distraction.

swiper
11-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Ray Rice sucked in 2013. No. Why would anyone want that mess? I'd much rather have Chris Johnson. And I don't want him either.

If they can't utilize/keep Spiller then they are much better off drafting a RB in the middle rounds. Younger, faster and with less baggage.

YardRat
11-28-2014, 04:44 PM
And the announcement he's signing with the Cheatriots in 3...2...1...

swiper
11-28-2014, 04:46 PM
And the announcement he's signing with the Cheatriots in 3...2...1...

Wouldn't be surprising. Though, after Hernandez, they don't need that kind of distraction either.

djjimkelly
11-28-2014, 04:52 PM
or they could just draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2014, 06:00 PM
you'd be foolish not to show interest in ray rice with cj spiller hurt for the year and fred jackson showing his age. Our running game is atrocious, and if we want to make a serious push for the post season we should take a serious look at signing him. if he's healthy and ready to play ball, i'd say bring him in.
I bet they'll take a 2nd rounder for Adrian Peterson.

The Jokeman
11-28-2014, 06:04 PM

Let's hope the Patriots don't pick up the phone and make the deal.

Meathead
11-28-2014, 06:11 PM
would love to see him here

personally i dont think rr is a thug and would likely never get in trouble again. i suspect he does have a problem with relationships but thats his bidness, life will beat that out of him eventually

i think he will be a good addition to whoever gets him. hope its here but i doubt it

Fletch
11-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Do you think we will or should show interest in Ray Rice now that he is a FA?

We have no 3-down RB for the future. We need something. It would be stupid to count on Jackson as this point.

Fletch
11-28-2014, 06:39 PM

Pass.

Yeah, the questionability (at best) of the distraction of having him I too think would not be outweighed by his performance. He might be fading already. He was terrible last season and in 2012 he was OK but not fantastic or anything.

I just wouldn't sign him because of the distraction, that's the last thing we need.

Fletch
11-28-2014, 06:44 PM

I'd rather have Peterson than Rice based on what they did.

Fletch
11-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Let's hope the Patriots don't pick up the phone and make the deal.

Like it's going to matter for us. LOL

Mace
11-28-2014, 06:56 PM

Pass.

Agree.

And let's be honest, running backs are not hard to come by nowadays, don't even draft one. Sort them out in camp.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah, the questionability (at best) of the distraction of having him I too think would not be outweighed by his performance. He might be fading already. He was terrible last season and in 2012 he was OK but not fantastic or anything.

I just wouldn't sign him because of the distraction, that's the last thing we need.

I don't care as much about the distraction aspect, his on field performance was outright terrible last year.

Like if we went out somehow and got Adrian Peterson that would be fine since he's still a beast on the field and there will be some distraction with him as well.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2014, 09:59 PM
would love to see him here

personally i dont think rr is a thug and would likely never get in trouble again. i suspect he does have a problem with relationships but thats his bidness, life will beat that out of him eventually

i think he will be a good addition to whoever gets him. hope its here but i doubt it

"Problem with relationships?" Could that possibly be a bit of an understatement?

Fletch
11-28-2014, 10:04 PM
I don't care as much about the distraction aspect, his on field performance was outright terrible last year.

Like if we went out somehow and got Adrian Peterson that would be fine since he's still a beast on the field and there will be some distraction with him as well.

Yeah, agree. Also, it seems as if Peterson's issues were largely out of ignorance, so it's at least somewhat forgivable, Rice has no excuse.

swiper
11-29-2014, 05:37 AM
Again. Rice stunk in 2013.

I hate pointing to Fantasy Sports, but I had him on my team so I suffered with his high degree of suckitude.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/year/2013

Night Train
11-29-2014, 05:54 AM
PR disaster.