X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

DiNapoli weighing 'many options'

He anchored the offensive line for a team that made it to the AFC Championship Game in 2002, never missing a down in the process.

Yet with less than one week remaining before the Titans start training camp, center Gennaro DiNapoli remains without a job.

It's something that has not only tested his patience, but has the 28-year-old at least thinking about pursuing a profession other than football.

''I guess I just don't understand this business sometimes,'' DiNapoli said yesterday. ''But I am not going to drive myself crazy with it. I am just going to go with the flow, see what happens. MORE...
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

DiNapoli bolts Titans for Cowboys

With rookie center Al Johnson facing possible arthroscopic knee surgery, ESPN.com has learned the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday added a veteran snapper to the mix, reaching an agreement with restricted free agent Gennaro DiNapoli.

The five-year veteran, one of the few starting caliber offensive linemen still available in the free agent pool, will sign a one-year contract. Complete financial details were not yet available, but DiNapoli did land a signing bonus of about $150,000. Incentives could allow DiNapoli to make $1.15 million depending upon his playing time.

The addition of DiNapoli was a bit surprising, because he had been expected to re-sign with the Tennessee Titans, and the Cowboys had not been pursuing him. But Johnson, the team's second-round draft choice, recently sprained his right knee and there may be some cartilage damage.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
    X