PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Packers and Patriots ...

LVGrown
11-30-2014, 03:23 PM
The optimist in me is holding out hope, but the realist in me just doesn't see how it is possible that we go point for point with Manning, Rogers and Brady. I sure hope this defense somehow keeps things close for 60 minutes at a time.

Thurmal
11-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Our offense can't hold up with those teams. I still think we'll pull one of those games out via an unreal defensive effort, though.

Novacane
11-30-2014, 03:25 PM
I'd sign for 1 of those 3 right now!

Scumbag College
11-30-2014, 03:31 PM
If they split against the Broncos and Pack, they have a chance. Denver is beatable and I actually like the matchup next week that the Bills pose against the Broncos, and Green Bay is just a different team on the road and has looked very average at times.. Oakland is a disaster, and the Pats might be playing backups if they have everything sewn up. I hate to say it and it makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth, but we have to root for NE to win out until the last week so they have everything clinched and we are playing Janine Garofolo instead of Marcia.

djjimkelly
11-30-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd sign for 1 of those 3 right now!

how about one of the first 2 then beat raiders then pray

Meathead
11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
you can see this **** coming a mile away: bills do what they need to do to set up a win and ur in scenario in cheatertown ... only to get their ass handed to them and put a miserable familiar stamp on the fourteenth straight fail of a season

JohnnyGold
11-30-2014, 04:00 PM
you can see this **** coming a mile away: bills do what they need to do to set up a win and ur in scenario in cheatertown ... only to get their ass handed to them and put a miserable familiar stamp on the fourteenth straight fail of a season

No.

You can't see this from a mile away.

6 hours ago, we were "mathematically eliminated" from the playoffs, according to most of the posters on here.
Hell, look at this (http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2014/cle/review.shtml) take on the Bills from billsdaily:
"Let's call it like it is, this team is not making the playoffs."
And then take a look at these playoff standings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/group/2/order/false), with the Bills in 7th place, half a game back from the 6 seed.

The Broncos have 3 losses... they have been in close games all season and just lost to the Rams, and nearly lost to Miami. They are not invincible, and I would take our defense in that cold weather any day of the week.

The Packers are 3-3 on the road this season.

And the Patriots--it's a divisional matchup. As good as they are, the Jets could have won that game, the Dolphins DID win that game, and eventually, believe it or not, NE will lose to us in Foxboro.

I do not think we'll go 3-0 in those games, but 1-2 gets us to 9-7 if we can beat the Raiders... 2-1 almost certainly gets us a 6 seed.

And if we can go into the playoffs having gone 2-1 against the Packers, Broncos and Patriots in the final month of the season, what's next?

Whatever though, I don't know why people even bother to follow this team.

Piss and moan about how awful the Bills are, then when they are 7-5 and in the thick of the playoff race, GIVE UP because the remaining games are "too hard".

Idiots. Everyone that isn't enjoying this season, plain and simple, is an idiot, and shouldn't call themselves a Bills fan.

imbondz
11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
We either go 1-3 the rest of the way or 2-2 at best. 8-8 or 9-7.

Fletch
11-30-2014, 04:17 PM
1-3

Even if our D were to somehow manage to hold Denver, NE, or GB to under 24 points or so who has confidence that we can put up that many without a defensive or STs TD or a turnover or something.

The team better make sure that it doesn't take the Raiders too lightly either, we should win that but if our offense blunders too much then who knows.

paladin warrior
11-30-2014, 04:37 PM
That suck . Now Buffalo Bill are doom with the toughest vs Denver,Green Bay ,Patriot . :-((

Ingtar33
11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
yeah. we are not "mathematically" eliminated. however we are PRACTICALLY eliminated. and i mean that literally. 8-8 won't reach the playoffs in the AFC, 10-6 probably will get you in with a tiebreaker, which means we need to take 2 of 3 between the pats, broncos, and packers (winning them against the pats/broncos, both road games mind you, would probably be necessary for tiebreaker purposes)

that said it is nice to be having this conversation after thanksgiving. the last time we could legit have this discussion after thanksgiving Bledsoe was QB and Mularkey was coach...

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2014, 04:46 PM

Put EJ in.

stuckincincy
11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
yeah. we are not "mathematically" eliminated. however we are PRACTICALLY eliminated. and i mean that literally. 8-8 won't reach the playoffs in the AFC, 10-6 probably will get you in with a tiebreaker, which means we need to take 2 of 3 between the pats, broncos, and packers (winning them against the pats/broncos, both road games mind you, would probably be necessary for tiebreaker purposes)

that said it is nice to be having this conversation after thanksgiving. the last time we could legit have this discussion after thanksgiving Bledsoe was QB and Mularkey was coach...

FWIW, they did pick up an important AFC conference win. I'd be pulling for DEN to knock off KC...a loss for KC leaves them at 7 and 5, 1 game up in the conf. tiebreaker vs. BUF. MIA beating NYJ would be a problem - same record as BUF , 2 games up in AFC games.

Oaf
11-30-2014, 05:47 PM
and we are playing Janine Garofolo instead of Marcia.

We'd still lose.

imbondz
11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Both the Packers and Patriots looked like SB teams today.

feldspar
11-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Definitely have to root for the Broncos tonight.

That's all I have to say about that.

feldspar
11-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Also, LOL at the Panthers who are "still in the hunt" with THREE wins...

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-30-2014, 06:17 PM
just heard on nbc today that this is the first time that we are 7-5 since 2000! holy s***. to refresh memories, we went 8-8 and fired wade phillips that year at the end, cut doug flutie and stuck with rob johnson. let's not hope history repeats itself...

swiper
11-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Today it became clear the Bills will end 8 - 8.

YardRat
11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I know various posters have their reasons for believing we can beat Denver or Green Bay, but I just don't see it. Even though we've only played one so far this season (NE), we just don't match up well with the few true elite teams in the league, and those three are definitely elite. It will really be a monumental upset if we can manage to win a game against any of them.

The Jokeman
11-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I know various posters have their reasons for believing we can beat Denver or Green Bay, but I just don't see it. Even though we've only played one so far this season (NE), we just don't match up well with the few true elite teams in the league, and those three are definitely elite. It will really be a monumental upset if we can manage to win a game against any of them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q7vtWB4owdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Historian
12-02-2014, 08:49 AM
If Buffalo loses to Denver, are they mathematically eliminated?

GreedoII
12-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Beat the best to be the best I suppose....

Figster
12-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Beat the best to be the best I suppose....

Great way to measure how close Buffalo is to competing for a Championship.

alohabillsfan
12-02-2014, 12:08 PM
im pretty sure we sweep these games and go on to win the Super Bowl.

Mr. Miyagi
12-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Pray for someone to take out Brady's knees before our game.

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure we sweep these games and go on to win the Super Bowl.
No problem. In Madden.

OpIv37
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
No.

You can't see this from a mile away.

6 hours ago, we were "mathematically eliminated" from the playoffs, according to most of the posters on here.
Hell, look at this (http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2014/cle/review.shtml) take on the Bills from billsdaily:
"Let's call it like it is, this team is not making the playoffs."
And then take a look at these playoff standings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/group/2/order/false), with the Bills in 7th place, half a game back from the 6 seed.

The Broncos have 3 losses... they have been in close games all season and just lost to the Rams, and nearly lost to Miami. They are not invincible, and I would take our defense in that cold weather any day of the week.

The Packers are 3-3 on the road this season.

And the Patriots--it's a divisional matchup. As good as they are, the Jets could have won that game, the Dolphins DID win that game, and eventually, believe it or not, NE will lose to us in Foxboro.

I do not think we'll go 3-0 in those games, but 1-2 gets us to 9-7 if we can beat the Raiders... 2-1 almost certainly gets us a 6 seed.

And if we can go into the playoffs having gone 2-1 against the Packers, Broncos and Patriots in the final month of the season, what's next?

Whatever though, I don't know why people even bother to follow this team.

Piss and moan about how awful the Bills are, then when they are 7-5 and in the thick of the playoff race, GIVE UP because the remaining games are "too hard".

Idiots. Everyone that isn't enjoying this season, plain and simple, is an idiot, and shouldn't call themselves a Bills fan.
This is so rife with BS I don't know where to start.

First, the Bills are not "in the thick of" the playoff race. They are on the outside looking in because they pissed away winnable games. The only way they get in is by beating some VERY good teams (one of whom already whooped us this season) AND getting lots of help in terms of other teams losing. Even 10-6 is no guarantee because of all the conf losses, and getting 3 wins out of the 4 remaining games is damn near impossible.

Second, it's absurd to say that people capable of understanding this reality are somehow not enjoying the season or not Bills fans. Some of us can understand the reality of the situation and still root for the team. If anything, the ones who aren't true fans are the ones like you, who have to mind-**** yourselves into thinking the team has much more of a chance than they do in order to keep rooting for them.

imbondz
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
If we go 10-6, guaranteed we get in. But...we'll be either 7-9, 8-8 by seasons end.

OpIv37
12-02-2014, 01:01 PM
If we go 10-6, guaranteed we get in. But...we'll be either 7-9, 8-8 by seasons end.
I don't even think 10-6 is a guarantee. It's possible for another team with a tiebreaker on us to be 10-6 and shut us out.

But I do agree that we won't be 10-6. 8-8 is going to be tough with this schedule. Beating the Raiders and going 1-2 in the other games would be a HUGE accomplishment.