PDA

View Full Version : Bills look alright, seem to be in the thick of it

Skooby
11-30-2014, 10:27 PM
They keep showing them as the top seed on the bubble, so what do we need to happen ??

The Jokeman
11-30-2014, 11:08 PM
They keep showing them as the top seed on the bubble, so what do we need to happen ??

Finish with a better record than San Diego or KC according to this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Downinfloflo
12-01-2014, 12:08 AM

The offense to score 30 plus versus the Broncos, Packers, Patriots...Other than that, Not much.

Night Train
12-01-2014, 03:53 AM
4 games left and they are facing Manning, Rodgers & Brady.

I'm rooting for them but this has 8-8 written all over it....which is still 1 game better than my 7 win prediction.

swiper
12-01-2014, 04:03 AM
Yep. The only remaining win will be Oakland. Winning yesterday means this is an 8-8 team.

YardRat
12-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Hopefully Marrone and the team don't have the Wade Phillips "we don't have a chance at the playoffs' mentality. Just once I'd like to see a miracle in our favor.

Forward_Lateral
12-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Hopefully Marrone and the team don't have the Wade Phillips "we don't have a chance at the playoffs' mentality. Just once I'd like to see a miracle in our favor.

A win this upcoming Sunday would be an early Christmas Miracle.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-01-2014, 07:11 AM

Well the Jets need to win tonight for starters.

As it stands now, our playoffs have started. If we lose any game but the Packers game, we are effectively eliminated.

SpikedLemonade
12-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Yep. The only remaining win will be Oakland. Winning yesterday means this is an 8-8 team.

I see this as an 8-8 team as well.

That is enough for everyone to keep their jobs for next year.

better days
12-01-2014, 07:42 AM
As Downinfloflo said, the bills will need to score points the next 4 games & a lot of them.

3 points in a half of football against those teams is not going to cut it.

Hackett still sucks, TERRIBLE play calling against the Brown.

I expect an 8-8 record at this point & I want Hackett at the least fired.

better days
12-01-2014, 07:45 AM
I see this as an 8-8 team as well.

That is enough for everyone to keep their jobs for next year.

Well, IMO, with the talent on this team, 8-8 should not be a good enough record for everyone to keep their job.

imbondz
12-01-2014, 07:47 AM
It'd be a miracle if we beat Denver, Patsies and Packers.

itd be true to form tho if we beat them but lose to the Raiders eliminating us from playoffs. lol

Fletch
12-01-2014, 08:20 AM
The offense to score 30 plus versus the Broncos, Packers, Patriots...Other than that, Not much.

Agreed

Something we've done only twice this season, both times against the Jets.

Fletch
12-01-2014, 08:23 AM
It'd be a miracle if we beat Denver, Patsies and Packers.

itd be true to form tho if we beat them but lose to the Raiders eliminating us from playoffs. lol

I think it would be half a miracle if we can beat one of them. They'll all be playing for something when we play them. Maybe not the Pats, but if Denver wins out against us, the Chargers, Bengals, and Raiders, a likelihood, then the Pats will need that game. Or if the Pats lose to @ SD or Miami in the next two weeks, something I also wouldn't dismiss. Either way, Belicheat has no pattern of resting his starters, maybe for the 4th but not otherwise.

mightysimi
12-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Well, IMO, with the talent on this team, 8-8 should not be a good enough record for everyone to keep their job.

The best record in a decade isn't enough to keep the job?

trapezeus
12-01-2014, 09:48 AM
again, the offense holds this team back. if the d doesn't score points, the bills are in a dog fight until the end. how many drive starts at the 50 or better with the bills settling for FG. An average offense could put the lights out very early.

it's nice they are winning, but i can't imagine them 3-1 or 4-0 as needed to make the playoffs. if they do though, they would be the quintessential giants team that just got smoking hot at the right time! Can you imagine if they beat the broncos and packers?

BillsOverDolphins
12-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Denver game is undoubtedly a loss--most likely a blowout if we're being honest with ourselves. The Packers game is winnable, moreso than people think. Raiders should be a win. We need Denver to lose another game and the Pats to win their next 3--then hopefully Brady sits in Week 17

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-01-2014, 10:00 AM
again, the offense holds this team back. if the d doesn't score points, the bills are in a dog fight until the end. how many drive starts at the 50 or better with the bills settling for FG. An average offense could put the lights out very early.

it's nice they are winning, but i can't imagine them 3-1 or 4-0 as needed to make the playoffs. if they do though, they would be the quintessential giants team that just got smoking hot at the right time! Can you imagine if they beat the broncos and packers?

knowing my bills the way i do, this just means they will lose to Oakland if that happened. lol

IlluminatusUIUC
12-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Denver game is undoubtedly a loss--most likely a blowout if we're being honest with ourselves. The Packers game is winnable, moreso than people think. Raiders should be a win. We need Denver to lose another game and the Pats to win their next 3--then hopefully Brady sits in Week 17

The Denver game is more winnable than the Packer game IMO. Rodgers is a man possessed.

trapezeus
12-01-2014, 10:08 AM
knowing my bills the way i do, this just means they will lose to Oakland if that happened. lol

i usually have the cup half empty with this team, but i really didn't expect them to beat the jets and was pretty low on them beating cleveland.

i think asking the D to beat the broncos at home and get little offensive help, per usual is a tall order. but there are games where manning just implodes for no reason what so ever. this would be a great time for that to happen.

then GB is at home and maybe they under-estimate us, they seem like a team reliant on rodgers. if rodgers is hurt, that becomes a winnable game.

Forward_Lateral
12-01-2014, 10:13 AM
The Denver game is more winnable than the Packer game IMO. Rodgers is a man possessed.

No lol'ing way the Denver game is more winnable. The GB game is in Buffalo, that in itself makes a huge difference, especially for the Packers.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-01-2014, 10:28 AM
No lol'ing way the Denver game is more winnable. The GB game is in Buffalo, that in itself makes a huge difference, especially for the Packers.

The Broncos are not the offensive juggernaut they were last year without Julius Thomas. They finally found a halfback, which is problematic, but Peyton can be flustered by DL pressure and that's what we do best. Similarly, if Kyle Orton can get up for any game whatsoever, it has to be the one against John Fox.

Meanwhile Green Bay has been on a complete tear. Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick since before Halloween. It's not like the game being in Buffalo is a huge advantage either, we are 3-2 at the Ralph this year and Green Bay is one of the only teams with a plausible claim to playing in weather as bad as ours.

This is not to say either game is easy, we should be touchdown+ underdogs in both games. But Denver is the more winnable matchup.

Fletch
12-01-2014, 10:40 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=4029216#post4029216)

I agree with Illuminati there. Green Bay had two of their three losses in their first three games. Since then they've been on fire going 8-1 while losing only to NO on the road. NO put up 44 points, we haven't shown that our offense can put up half of that against a team outside the division.

Denver's been struggling and has lost two of their last five, has only beaten the Raiders, Miami, and KC, the toughest of which, Miami, was in Denver. St. Louis put a hurtin' on Denver and held them to 7 points. We're better than St. Louis on D. NE's D, which also isn't great, held Denver to 21.

I'm not predicting a win, in fact I'll be surprised, shocked really, if we can win in Denver, but our chances are better than they are against GB.

We won yesterday again on a positive TO ratio. Rodgers has had 3 INTs all season long, it's ridiculously unlikely that he has any and if he does, more than one, against us. That won't be enough. The Packers have only had 4 fumbles all year too. So unless something unusual happens, it's very unlikely that we beat the Packers since we only win when we have a positive TO ratio.

Manning on the other hand has thrown 6 of his 9 INTs in the last five games.

BillsOverDolphins
12-01-2014, 10:54 AM
The Packers are 3-3 on the road this year...all 3 losses were blowouts and 2 of those wins were by a qunthair. They've had one road game where they looked dominant and that was early in the season at Chicago--and even that isn't that impessive since EJ won there too:rofl:

The Packers are the better team with a better QB, so don't get me wrong...but they are far from worldbeaters on the road and the Ralph will be rockin'

Denver, as shaky as they've looked at times, are playing at home and have a ridiculous passing attack. Couple that with CaJ Anderson's emergence and the HORRIBLE mismatch of Ware and Miller against our o-line and this game will be dubbed The Rapening.

k-oneputt
12-01-2014, 10:54 AM
They both will be tough to win, but I will take my chances playing at home instead of traveling across country.

They may need to win all four to get in. Not impossible.

Historian
12-01-2014, 11:02 AM
The Bills haven't won in Oakland since 1965.

:couch:

better days
12-01-2014, 11:04 AM
The best record in a decade isn't enough to keep the job?

NO, not with the most talented Bills team in a decade.

8-8 a .500 record SUCKS with the talent on this Bills team.

better days
12-01-2014, 11:07 AM
i usually have the cup half empty with this team, but i really didn't expect them to beat the jets and was pretty low on them beating cleveland.

i think asking the D to beat the broncos at home and get little offensive help, per usual is a tall order. but there are games where manning just implodes for no reason what so ever. this would be a great time for that to happen.

then GB is at home and maybe they under-estimate us, they seem like a team reliant on rodgers. if rodgers is hurt, that becomes a winnable game.

Rodgers hurt his hand against the Pats* when one of those DIRTY bastards stepped on it after he slid.

Questionable how bad it is.

mightysimi
12-01-2014, 01:45 PM
NO, not with the most talented Bills team in a decade.

8-8 a .500 record SUCKS with the talent on this Bills team.

And changing the scheme again is going to improve this? Strong disagree.

better days
12-01-2014, 03:52 PM
And changing the scheme again is going to improve this? Strong disagree.

I'm talking about the offense only.

And it did not hurt the Eagles when they changed their Offensive scheme.

IMPROVED Coaching/playcalling > intact scheme.

Oaf
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
There is a somewhat decent shot we win 1 of 3 vs Pats Pack Den. At 9-7 with a win at OAK, we'd need to be lucky, but it's not impossible.

EDIT: if we have a 80% chance of losing each of the 3 big games, mathematically we have a ~50% chance at winning one. If we finish 9-7 and we have a 33% chance of qualifying with that record, our overall percentage is 17%, or 1/6.

mightysimi
12-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm talking about the offense only.

And it did not hurt the Eagles when they changed their Offensive scheme.

IMPROVED Coaching/playcalling > intact scheme.

It is rare that new coaches come in a retain half of the staff. I would say that Philly is the exception not the rule. I think many teams would do well with a 27-2 td/int ratio.

better days
12-02-2014, 01:25 PM
It is rare that new coaches come in a retain half of the staff. I would say that Philly is the exception not the rule. I think many teams would do well with a 27-2 td/int ratio.

It is rare for a new HC to come in & have a DC or OC as good as Schwartz is.

Hell, I would not be opposed to Schwartz being named HC.

Schwartz took a Lions team that went 0-16 before he got there to the playoffs.