PDA

View Full Version : Eye popping stats

IlluminatusUIUC
12-02-2014, 10:56 AM
I just post up some numbers that startled me, join in if you've seen any.

JJ Watt has scored 5 touchdowns this year, the same as Julio Jones, AJ Green, TY Hilton, and Calvin Johnson, as well as the entire rushing offenses of the Steelers, Bills, Chargers, and Bucs.

Alex Smith hasn't thrown a touchdown pass to a wide receiver since the 2nd quarter of the Colts/Chiefs wild card round, 16 games ago (including preseason).

Richard Sherman has as many career INTs as Revis in a little over half the games.

Meathead
12-02-2014, 11:37 AM
jj watt might be the best de since bruce. hes unreal good right now

OpIv37
12-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm just happy that there is a thread called "eye popping stats"'that isn't about how bad our rush D is.

alohabillsfan
12-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Dont forget Ortons TOTAL QBR or Marios 35.5 sacks in less than 3 years with the Bills!

Homegrown
12-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Wilt:

- 100 point game
- 20,000 gals

lots of popping

/thread

stuckincincy
12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Wilt:

- 100 point game
- 20,000 gals

lots of popping

/thread

Chamberlain was likely the greatest athlete ever. I remember watching him. He could traverse the court like a guard. He was so fast...

He still owns tons of records:

http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/wilts_records.html

Ingtar33
12-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Chamberlain was likely the greatest athlete ever. I remember watching him. He could traverse the court like a guard. He was so fast...

He still owns tons of records:

http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/wilts_records.html

he also was the only 7 footer he ever had to play against for most of his career. he was a freak of an athlete, but a lot of his numbers are a bit inflated by being just so much bigger then everyone else.

stuckincincy
12-02-2014, 02:40 PM
He played against Bill Russell, Abdul Jabbar, Nate Thurmond, others...like hockey, the game was rougher than today. I don't recall the last time I wasted time watching a NHL game. Lift you stick an inch or so off the ice, the whistle blows.

I don't see that there is a lot of difference between 6' 9" and 7'...getting in position used to matter a lot, and back in the day before the NBA became a joke with the 3 point shot and this era of palming and traveling courtesy of the Micheal Jordan promotion campaign there were forwards and centers that ruled the boards and worked the pivot and took passes from the guards. On a return pass, the guards who kicked back into open territory shot or worked to get it back in to the big men for the percentage shot.

SpikedLemonade
12-02-2014, 03:10 PM
he also was the only 7 footer he ever had to play against for most of his career. he was a freak of an athlete, but a lot of his numbers are a bit inflated by being just so much bigger then everyone else.

So your theory is that he was doing some of those 20,000 women 3 or 4 at a time like meat on a skewer?

Buffalogic
12-02-2014, 04:51 PM
QB's aren't scared of Sherman because he's an overrated clown. Revis rarely gets thrown at, that's why he has low int totals. Stats are fun, but they tell maybe half the story.

Lee Evans got to Revis though with that JP Losman throw he ripped from Elam and Revis.

swiper
12-02-2014, 04:58 PM
jj watt might be the best de since bruce. hes unreal good right now

Roids and uppers will do that.

Mace
12-03-2014, 08:51 PM
He played against Bill Russell, Abdul Jabbar, Nate Thurmond, others...like hockey, the game was rougher than today. I don't recall the last time I wasted time watching a NHL game. Lift you stick an inch or so off the ice, the whistle blows.

I don't see that there is a lot of difference between 6' 9" and 7'...getting in position used to matter a lot, and back in the day before the NBA became a joke with the 3 point shot and this era of palming and traveling courtesy of the Micheal Jordan promotion campaign there were forwards and centers that ruled the boards and worked the pivot and took passes from the guards. On a return pass, the guards who kicked back into open territory shot or worked to get it back in to the big men for the percentage shot.

Chamberlain was wicked powerful too. I used to love when they played Lew Alcindor/Jabbar's teams, seeing them matched up, power and finesse, was the best of old NBA, or against Russell/Thurmond, power/power........Lakers/Knicks games drove my love of the game back when, there wasn't an average player on the court.

Anyway, JJ Watt is a force of nature, Alex Smith is incredibly underrated, and I think Sherman's stats will decline hugely over time, though I'd find it awesome if they don't. It's fun to watch someone talk the talk then walk the walk, loudly.

Nice post.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-13-2014, 11:12 AM
New one:

There are legitimate scenarios where an NFC South team can lock up its division next week, meaning you could have a 6 win team resting starters for the playoffs.

This is not a drill.