PDA

View Full Version : Phins LB Derrick Rodgers arrested

missphin_2001
07-18-2002, 05:28 PM
I figured I would post this before you all beat me to it.

For the record, I think he should be released.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-rodgers071802.story?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront

SoCalBillsFan
07-18-2002, 05:34 PM
a pre-emptive post, eh? :D

what's with players these days. I'm sick of this.

missphin_2001
07-18-2002, 05:38 PM
It sure does take the luster off the NFL. I really think that most NFL players are on Steriods, and they are just not able to control their anger.

It really deflated my enthusiasm for the season.

SoCalBillsFan
07-18-2002, 05:41 PM
yea, its not just football anymore too, its basketball (allen iverson) and sports in general. I really think these guys need to start being held accountable for their actions. They get away with everything. Who are they accountable too?

I'll thrown in a token "typical dol-felon" joke just because im supposed to or else I wouldn't be a bills fan. :D But the reality of it is there needs to be something done so this stops happening. It's bad for the sport.

missphin_2001
07-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Well, he is a Dol-felon. lol

We did just fine when he was out towards the end of the season last year, I say just send him packing, and move on.

Buffarama
07-18-2002, 06:51 PM
I don't think they're on steroids. I do think though that most premier athletes by nature have a high testosterone level to start with, which makes them elite, big and strong, aggressive, competetive by nature and harder to control.
Steroids is the cool media word right now, I wish everyone would get over it. Someone buys a protein shake in GNC and everyone blindly points a finger and says he's taking steroids. McCartheism all over again.

SABURZFAN
07-18-2002, 07:19 PM
it's puzzling how these athletes are constantly in trouble with the law.

e-mo4life
07-19-2002, 07:40 AM
seems like a life behind bars has become rather appealing to atheletes for some reason lately...must be all this heat and humdity!:firehead:

Meathead
07-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Figures it was a Dolphin. They should take after the Bills who are all upstanding, law abiding ...

Oh yeah. Never mind.

Ebenezer
07-19-2002, 08:05 AM
It is just getting out of hand...this crap is ruining sports.

EricStratton
07-19-2002, 08:21 AM
Just a question MissPhin, Why should he be released?

Gunzlingr
07-19-2002, 09:07 AM
I think that the problem lies in the fact that these athletes have been treated special from the moment their talent was exposed. They get this preferntial (sp?) treatment all through high school, college, and into the pros, and think that they are above the law because of it.

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton
Just a question MissPhin, Why should he be released?

Man my hubby is hot over this one.

We had a friend die from being beat by her husband, and he just can't get over it. Needless to say, Derrick is NOT his favorite player right now.

I think he should be released for personal reasons really. How do you root for a guy who hit his wife? It's hard.

The news media might have blown this out of proportion, and his wife is now saying he didn't hit her at all. Of course our friend always used to say that as well.

I guess we need to find out what really happened, and then see what the team does.

:(

EricStratton
07-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Sorry MP, I thought you ment reseased from jail, not from the team.

My bad.

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 02:30 PM
NP Eric, ;)