PDA

View Full Version : Is Sammy Watkins made of Glass?

Mike
12-05-2014, 04:11 PM
The dynamic Sammy Watkins is once again nicked up and a question mark going into the game. Outside of a few very good games, injuries have been the ongoing storyline of his rookie campaign. So this poses the question: is this an aberration or is Sammy injury prone?

Time will tell.

Mr. Miyagi
12-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh stop it already.

Mike
12-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Oh stop it already.

It's my only post on the subject...

BuffaloRedleg
12-05-2014, 07:45 PM
He hasn't missed a game so no, and I don't buy the "he was playing hurt" excuse for games when he was not great either. He's fine.

WagonCircler
12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
He's not made of glass.

He's made of draft choices.

Homegrown
12-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Soon found out it was a heart of glass... La-dee-da

CommissarSpartacus
12-05-2014, 08:45 PM
It's the hair. Makes him top-heavy...

Mace
12-05-2014, 09:39 PM
The dynamic Sammy Watkins is once again nicked up and a question mark going into the game. Outside of a few very good games, injuries have been the ongoing storyline of his rookie campaign. So this poses the question: is this an aberration or is Sammy injury prone?

Time will tell.

I'm pretty sure already he is. Rib, groin and hip, not like a chronic bad piece, and he's not even a contact slot receiver. Add into it that he sometimes just runs the play out or doesn't really get fierce for the ball, and I think they dorked this one up on a guy who meant to make pretty Clemson catches and big bucks for easy camera time.

Might be just me though.

better days
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Is Jadeveon Clowney made of glass?

Time will tell. Quite the Rookie year for the FIRST pick in the draft.

I quess we should write him off NOW as a BUST.

Dr. Who
12-06-2014, 07:46 AM
It's my only post on the subject...

It's old already, I guess.

He seemed pretty durable in college. He's playing through the injuries.
Rookie wrs have to learn to adjust to many elements of the pro game. Hopefully, he will.

YardRat
12-06-2014, 07:02 PM
There's a difference being being 'injured' and 'hurt', and Sammy hasn't missed a game yet. That's part of the pro game, though, playing through nicks and dings, so he might as well get used to it early in his career. And I have to disagree with Red, I think the lack of being 100% has definitely affected his performance, although to what degree nobody can really judge.

Mace
12-06-2014, 07:20 PM
There's a difference being being 'injured' and 'hurt', and Sammy hasn't missed a game yet. That's part of the pro game, though, playing through nicks and dings, so he might as well get used to it early in his career. And I have to disagree with Red, I think the lack of being 100% has definitely affected his performance, although to what degree nobody can really judge.

He's glass and a sissy, can't cut the mustard, failed to bring home the bacon, had more birds in the hand than he had in the bush, left his chewing gum on the bedpost overnight, had roses that didn't smell as sweet as they could have, can't drive 55, his absence made the heart grow less fonder, his acorn fell too far from the tree, and as the crow flies he's snug as a bug in the lead balloon.

Anyway, getting him annoyed me but he has plenty of time to earn his chops in the bush and smell like a rose flying like a coyote in the henhouse.

I just wish he'd be manly and get himself properly concussed at least.

I think he'd be a great receiver elsewhere like Spiller would have been a great back elsewhere and I have trouble blaming either one of them for getting damaged though they both make me cranky.

Ingtar33
12-06-2014, 07:31 PM
isn't it more likely he got hurt in the beginning of the year, and has been playing through that injury all season?

thats what it looks like to me.

Mace
12-06-2014, 07:40 PM
isn't it more likely he got hurt in the beginning of the year, and has been playing through that injury all season?

thats what it looks like to me.

I really thought so too but they keep reporting different injuries, rib, groin, hip.....

Ingtar33
12-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I really thought so too but they keep reporting different injuries, rib, groin, hip.....

it looked like a groin injury early, hasn't looked any different to me yet.

YardRat
12-06-2014, 08:33 PM
It was pretty widely reported as ribs at the beginning, and IIRC it appeared that was the case to me. I guess who really knows though?

WagonCircler
12-07-2014, 01:12 AM
He's glass and a sissy, can't cut the mustard, failed to bring home the bacon, had more birds in the hand than he had in the bush, left his chewing gum on the bedpost overnight, had roses that didn't smell as sweet as they could have, can't drive 55, his absence made the heart grow less fonder, his acorn fell too far from the tree, and as the crow flies he's snug as a bug in the lead balloon.

Anyway, getting him annoyed me but he has plenty of time to earn his chops in the bush and smell like a rose flying like a coyote in the henhouse.

I just wish he'd be manly and get himself properly concussed at least.

I think he'd be a great receiver elsewhere like Spiller would have been a great back elsewhere and I have trouble blaming either one of them for getting damaged though they both make me cranky.

Crankier than a two-azzhole cat in a sandbox?

Crankier than a long-tail cat in a room full of rockers?

Night Train
12-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Conclusion - Every guy that has injuries is made of glass.

The Mayor of Simpleton.

Mace
12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Conclusion - Every guy that has injuries is made of glass.

The Mayor of Simpleton.

Yes, I'm with you there, Mayor ! Bunch of pansies.

(no offense on the Mayor part, it just looked funny in your post)