PDA

View Full Version : Dish TV subscribers will miss Bills game vs. Broncos

DetDannyWilliams
12-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Dish Network no longer carries CBS programming in its lineup of channels, leaving millions of customers without easy access to the nation’s biggest broadcaster.
The satellite television service stopped carrying CBS programming in 18 major markets on Friday night after contract negotiations between the two parties reached an impasse.
Dish customers in cities including New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Denver are now left without programming from CBS-owned stations. The blackout includes a few independent stations and several others affiliated with the CW network. If the blackout continues, Dish subscribers will be unable to watch college and NFL football games along with popular series like NCIS, Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory.
In a statement, CBS said it “has been negotiating a carriage agreement with Dish for six months and has already granted two extensions.” But it added that “during this time, Dish has dragged its feet at our many attempts to negotiate in good faith.”
Dish, which said more then two million of its 14 million subscribers were impacted, returned fire, laying blame entirely on CBS and a disagreement over the CBS Sports Channel, which remains available through Dish. With no agreement, Dish argued it no longer had legal rights to carry CBS programming.

http://fortune.com/2014/12/05/dish-network-cuts-off-cbs-programming-to-millions-of-customers/

Ed
12-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised Dish Network has millions of customers.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
How many people get their local channels exclusively through dish? I hope they have time to get up an antenna.

YardRat
12-06-2014, 05:57 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/business/media/cbs-and-dish-resolve-dispute-ending-blackout.html?_r=0

It only lasted 12 hours, everything should be back to normal.

Meathead
12-06-2014, 06:10 PM
damn. now this is no good at all

:lolpoint: dish subscribers

Albany,n.y.
12-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Now they have to get the CBS stations in those cities to actually show the Bills game.

YardRat
12-07-2014, 07:31 AM
It's the national late game, I believe.

better days
12-07-2014, 07:51 AM
It's the national late game, I believe.

Well, CBS does not have the double header this week, Fox does.

The Bills game will be shown in Tampa on Channel 10, but Ft Myers will have the 1:00PM Ravens @ Fins game on.

better days
12-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Seahawks @ Eagles on Fox is the National late game.