PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Watkins on verge of Bills' rookie record

YardRat
12-07-2014, 07:07 AM
http://www.thestate.com/2014/12/06/3858153/sammy-watkins-on-verge-of-bills.html

Sammy Watkins is after a Buffalo Bills' rookie record in the mile-high setting of Denver Sunday (4:05 ET).

He's two catches away from a new mark for the most catches for a Bills' first-year (52)

Typ0
12-07-2014, 09:58 AM
But we don't use him enough though...

swiper
12-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Who holds that record?

- - - Updated - - -

Jerry Butler?

wolfpack
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Wow it was Joe Cribbs.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Sammy-Watkins-sets-Bills-rookie-record-18134

streetkings01
12-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Watkins is on pace for a 70 reception 1000 yards season as a rookie..........what would his numbers be if had a real starting NFL caliber QB throwing him the ball for 13 games? I'm guessing he would already have 70 catches and 1000 yards!

Novacane
12-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I can't believe Fletch hasn't chimed in on this thread yet!

Generalissimus Gibby
12-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I can't believe Fletch hasn't chimed in on this thread yet!

Fletch is buying gifts for his 15 party

Bill Cody
12-08-2014, 11:53 AM
It's not a record unless he beats it by 240% based on the extra picks we gave up.

Sincerely,

Fletch

Novacane
12-08-2014, 11:55 AM
If you take away Watkins top 10 plays Cribbs still holds the record.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I liked how Whaley had Orton forcing balls to Watkins on Sunday.

Let's safe face by having our rookie for 1000 yards. Did it create wins no. Does it look good....yes.

trapezeus
12-08-2014, 12:34 PM
you can always disagree with the trade up, but the kid is 21, played through the pain and put up good numbers with an OC who refuses to throw the ball through 2 different qb's with 2 different styles and 2 completely different careers to date.

So forced (a completely ridiculous though BTW, HHAmmer) or not, he's done well. he'll have to keep getting better, but in the end, the way the bills draft, they were bound to bust on 2 first rounds. So to get one right and lose the other outright is improvement in this organization.

BuffaloRedleg
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
He's a phenomenal football player, but I'm really not happy about being unable to take a QB in the first round next year without trading up.

I'm watching this Green Bay game and listening to the announcers blow their load over how great the Packers are, but the reality is that they have the best QB in the league and that's all that matters. Everyone else improves due to his play.

Dr. Who
12-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Do you think they were going to be able to trade up for the first pick? Is Mariotta or Winston worth that? Don't see an Andrew Luck in this draft class.

Ingtar33
12-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Do you think they were going to be able to trade up for the first pick? Is Mariotta or Winston worth that? Don't see an Andrew Luck in this draft class.

nope. i wouldn't even take those two in round 1.

trapezeus
12-09-2014, 01:56 PM
to me, without an obvious round 1 talent, there is no reason to trade up to get another project. whether we like it or not, the bills are built to win now.

The defense is in its prime and the fact the offense can't do anything to help win a game but hope for a lot of turnovers and ST help suggests the OC has to go at the very least.

i think the broncos game showed why the bills have 2 options.

1. stay the course, promote schwartz and hope he has a mid level oc who can work with orton, receivers and Line to have an actual strategy. it will be hard to adopt quickly, but the growing pains can't be worse than the current finished Offensive product.

I'm not in love with this idea, because i still think this puts the bills ceiling at a playoff appearance and maybe 1 win. but i would love the monkey off the back. so if the team did this, i'd cheer it on.

2. abandon the whole thing. gut a defense that was very good and didn't get help. get a real GM, start over witha coaching staff that can teach. This comes with probably another 2 years of missed playoffs, but the hope is its done correctly and its exciting because it's the first time the team has really tried to win since trading for bledsoe.

DesertFox24
12-09-2014, 03:54 PM
to me, without an obvious round 1 talent, there is no reason to trade up to get another project. whether we like it or not, the bills are built to win now.

The defense is in its prime and the fact the offense can't do anything to help win a game but hope for a lot of turnovers and ST help suggests the OC has to go at the very least.

i think the broncos game showed why the bills have 2 options.

1. stay the course, promote schwartz and hope he has a mid level oc who can work with orton, receivers and Line to have an actual strategy. it will be hard to adopt quickly, but the growing pains can't be worse than the current finished Offensive product.

I'm not in love with this idea, because i still think this puts the bills ceiling at a playoff appearance and maybe 1 win. but i would love the monkey off the back. so if the team did this, i'd cheer it on.

2. abandon the whole thing. gut a defense that was very good and didn't get help. get a real GM, start over witha coaching staff that can teach. This comes with probably another 2 years of missed playoffs, but the hope is its done correctly and its exciting because it's the first time the team has really tried to win since trading for bledsoe.
We have a real GM we need a real QB and a coach that has some testicles. I like Marrone but this coaching not to lose by big stuff is getting to me, hopefully if Bills keep him next year they tell him to coach to win not keep it close.

trapezeus
12-09-2014, 04:29 PM
We have a real GM we need a real QB and a coach that has some testicles. I like Marrone but this coaching not to lose by big stuff is getting to me, hopefully if Bills keep him next year they tell him to coach to win not keep it close.

If he doesn't fight to keep it close, he won't be in the game.