PDA

View Full Version : Andy Levitre

Don't Panic
12-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Is awful. Maybe ​not such a bad idea to let him walk.

Ed
12-07-2014, 12:58 PM
I never thought Levitre was worth the contract he got, but I certainly didn't expect him to be such a bust. There was no reason to think he wouldn't just continue to be a solid consistent player. It's really odd that he's struggling so much in Tennessee.

YardRat
12-07-2014, 02:10 PM
My opinion is pretty well known, no use beating a dead horse.

pmoon6
12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
My opinion is pretty well known, no use beating a dead horse.Yard is correct.....AGAIN!!!!!!

swiper
12-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah. He definitely wasn't worth the money he got, BUT that doesn't mean the Bills could ignore replacing him the way they did.

Mace
12-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Levitre was, like all of them, just fine with Joe D'Allessandris as the line coach. D'Allessandris even made the legendary Demetress Bell adequate.

They should have let D'Alessandris go nowhere, and kept Levitre, with Pears staying at tackle and they'd have had less o-line to worry about from the start. For all the stupid shuffling, 4 of the 5 starters are exactly the same from when they did just fine but two of them aren't where they did just fine at. When they left we just needed an upgrade at Pears and now it sort of looks like maybe Glenn is the only sure thing with Henderson a maybe, Urbik solid depth and Wood maybe ok for a while.

They broke things that were just fine.

DynaPaul
12-07-2014, 06:26 PM
The only free agent we lost I can think of that played awesome was Jabari Greer.

OpIv37
12-07-2014, 08:11 PM
The issue is that letting a player walk is only half of the equation. The other half is replacing him with someone equal or better.

Maybe not paying Levitre was the right decision, but who did we pay instead? The OL is struggling and we are well under the cap for like the 14th consecutive year.

It's hard to believe this team is doing everything they can to be competitive when that's a recurring theme. Hopefully that changes under Pegula.

Goobylal
12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Considering that Levitre is playing no better than the guys replacing him, there is no question letting him walk was the right move.

swiper
12-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Mace hit the nail on the head. When D'Alessandris was coaching the line played tight. Marrone and his ego wouldn't let that happen. Marrone should have just let Joe D handle the line and he should have concentrated on being HC.