PDA

View Full Version : I know there are no "moral" victories, but I'm proud of our beloved team

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Nobody gave them a snowball's chance. They fell behind 24-3. They never gave up, and had a shot at a miracle onside kick at the end. Yes, they could've played a lot better, but Denver isn't exactly a crappy team. Yes, the playoff chances look practically impractical, but hey, anything can happen. The NFL has proven that to us season after season.

When's the last time we could cheer for the Bills without looking towards next season this late in the year? The team is a franchise QB away from being dominating.

YardRat
12-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I'd argue that the offensive line is in bigger need of an upgrade then QB, but who am I to quibble. Not to bring refs into the conversation, but the two call-backs on the ints in the certainly ended up being a huge factor, didn't it? Both would have been in FG range, basically gimme's for Carpenter. Don't take those two away and you might have seen that last TD bring the team within a 2pt conversion of tying the score.

This team certainly doesn't quit, against anybody...that's a pretty good reason for keeping Marrone.

Novacane
12-07-2014, 06:16 PM
By the time we get that franchise QB this won't be the same team. I don't get into moral victories!

swiper
12-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Denver played us soft.

Mr. Cynical
Given they were playing against the Broncos AND the refs, I'm inclined to agree.

IlluminatusUIUC
This defense is finally able to play with some of the big fish. The offense completely screwed us. Again.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
I'd argue that the offensive line is in bigger need of an upgrade then QB, but who am I to quibble. Not to bring refs into the conversation, but the two call-backs on the ints in the certainly ended up being a huge factor, didn't it? Both would have been in FG range, basically gimme's for Carpenter. Don't take those two away and you might have seen that last TD bring the team within a 2pt conversion of tying the score.

This team certainly doesn't quit, against anybody...that's a pretty good reason for keeping Marrone.

The penalties are what they are. They've gotten stupid penalties all season long, some of them warranted, some of them not. I'd be fine with Orton as the QB for a couple more years as long as they a.) upgrade the interior O-line. and b.) draft, sign, trade for a QB to groom under Kyle if they believe EJ isn't the one.

I like Marrone, I know I'm in the minority, but whatever. The team busts their balls for the guy, and you'd think the city of Buffalo would rally around a guy like Doug.

wolfpack
12-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Manning's 56.9 quarterback rating is his lowest since 2008.

That hurts.

cookie G
12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
The offense did nothing for 3 1/2 quarters...again.

Sliding on 3rd and 1...
punting on 4th and 2.
Living off checkdowns for more than minutes.
Shooting themselves in the foot on every drive.

The D had to play against one of the best offenses in the league;
the refs;
AND
the Buffalo offense.

They were outnumbered.

Mace
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't like the officiating, can see where Denver is a better team, the Bills were not so terribly outclassed.

With respect to YardRat, I blame Marrone for the line, but yes, they didn't quit and didn't get rolled, didn't run for the bus, and I never gave them a snowball's chance. They played with heart in Mile High.

DynaPaul
12-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Yay for the Dick Jauron moral victory...

YardRat
12-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Broke Manning's consecutive game passing TD streak also.

BTW, his arm is completely ****ing shot...the first team they go against in the playoffs with a decent defense and fairly-called game and they are done.

YardRat
12-07-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't like the officiating, can see where Denver is a better team, the Bills were not so terribly outclassed.

With respect to YardRat, I blame Marrone for the line, but yes, they didn't quit and didn't get rolled, didn't run for the bus, and I never gave them a snowball's chance. They played with heart in Mile High.

I can appreciate that to a point, but really feel Morris is a far bigger problem than Marrone. Or even Hackett, for that matter.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Broke Manning's consecutive game passing TD streak also.

BTW, his arm is completely ****ing shot...the first team they go against in the playoffs with a decent defense and fairly-called game and they are done.

I honestly think he's hurt. He did not look like that mid season when he was throwing 5tds a game. Something happened to him, his neck or something. He looked terrible.

Mace
12-07-2014, 06:51 PM
I can appreciate that to a point, but really feel Morris is a far bigger problem than Marrone. Or even Hackett, for that matter.

I hear you, but line savvy Marrone hired and kept him.

DraftBoy
12-07-2014, 06:54 PM
I honestly think he's hurt. He did not look like that mid season when he was throwing 5tds a game. Something happened to him, his neck or something. He looked terrible.

He has games like this where he just throws some ugly, ugly passes.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
He has games like this where he just throws some ugly, ugly passes.

I don't know. He looks like he has no zip. Like he's all of the sudden noodle armed. I think he's done after this year.

DraftBoy
12-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't know. He looks like he has no zip. Like he's all of the sudden noodle armed. I think he's done after this year.

Could be. I remember watching a game of his last year where I had the same thoughts. Balls were ugly ducks, little zip but then he turned it on. Hard to argue with his results this season or last.

We shall see.