• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

One-handers

Am I the only one that notices how many passes fall incomplete because a receiver goes for the ball with just one hand when it looks pretty reasonable they could've gotten two hands on the attempt?

Chandler does it a lot...so does Sammy...even FJax is guilty of it on a regular basis. The only receiver I can think of that consistently tries to get both hands on the ball is Woods.

This is basic **** fellas, the offense might be a tad more productive if you'd quit half-assing it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: One-handers

A few times I think FJ did it to actually knock it down instead of taking a loss.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

One handers are usually an issue during your high school years....wait..
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

With Chandler, often, it is a matter of him jumping and reaching for a ball with that one hand. These balls can't be cradled or two-handed. The QB is told to get the ball close and the receiver will jump to grab it.

Still, in all, I think receiving is better now (look at completion %s) than, say, in the 1970's when there were a lot of great qbs around.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

That ball down the middle for Chandler was catchable. He just needed to jump 2-3 inches to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X