X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

The thing that is so frustrating...

Whenever the Bills play a powerhouse, they are always underdogs, are usually outgunned talent-wise, and are almost always going against a better coaching staff. They're in the hole before they start. Then, not only do they have to beat a superior opponent with a great effort, but they have to deal with egregiously one-sided officiating too. They literally have no chance at all. You can talk about how bad Orton was or how unimaginative the playcalling can be but, at the end of the day, if that game is called straight-up, the Bills probably would've won. Denver bailed out on two 3rd down stops that turned into TDs, and both Bills INT returns brought back on bull**** penalties. At the very LEAST, that's a 14-point swing.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: The thing that is so frustrating...

I think Denver would have ramped it up if it looked closer.

To be painfully honest the Bills are not a playoff team yet, if flirting with the edges of it. A lot of things annoy me about this game, but I don't really see us ready to go mano-a-mano with anyone yet in the playoffs. If we sweep the last three, I'll wonder about this game, but I already wonder more about the SD, KC and Miami games.

When the Bills really were a powerhouse in their own right, nothing else mattered. They are a step behind the big best kids yet.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

I agree; our offense is putrid. Still, the "00 Ravens went three straight games without a TD. They won the SB. Whether or not the Bills are a "real" contender or not should have no bearing whatsoever on officiating.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        I agree; our offense is putrid. Still, the "00 Ravens went three straight games without a TD. They won the SB. Whether or not the Bills are a "real" contender or not should have no bearing whatsoever on officiating.
        The game is different than it was 14 years ago. Plus the Ravens benched their starter, Tony Banks, because of that stretch of games where offensively they looked lost.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

I'm usually against blaming the refs, but this was bad. I'm not saying we would have won or something, but I'm saying that the game was handed to Denver.

I'm really getting sick and tired of the idiots who stick their heads in the sand about the officiating in this league. Fans are afraid to admit it because it isn't "manly" and you aren't a "no nonsense hardcore old school dude", but it is bull****.

This year has been the worst by far and it isn't even close. I wish I wasn't addicted to the game and I could go spend my Sundays being productive, but here I am. Obsessed, just like everyone else. We are idiots.

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

No, we just want to lose fairly. When will referees start losing pay or get fined for calling games this badly?
            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• GvilleBills
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
              I'm usually against blaming the refs, but this was bad. I'm not saying we would have won or something, but I'm saying that the game was handed to Denver.

I'm really getting sick and tired of the idiots who stick their heads in the sand about the officiating in this league. Fans are afraid to admit it because it isn't "manly" and you aren't a "no nonsense hardcore old school dude", but it is bull****.

This year has been the worst by far and it isn't even close. I wish I wasn't addicted to the game and I could go spend my Sundays being productive, but here I am. Obsessed, just like everyone else. We are idiots.
              Well said amigo
              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

The preferential treatment is just so obvious. I firmly believe that, outside of an unexpected blowout where there were too many plays to nullify, Buffalo had NO chance of winning that game.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                  • Aug 2013

**** this **** I'm getting more drunk and watching the old Star Wars Trilogy until I pass out.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    The game is different than it was 14 years ago. Plus the Ravens benched their starter, Tony Banks, because of that stretch of games where offensively they looked lost.
                    That Ravens team would pretty much dominate every team this year.
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

the officiating is horrendous. and it'll never change until we're good enough to overcome it. But...even without the bad officiating, our offense was atrocious.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                        • Aug 2013

Empire Strikes ****ing Back

The New England Patriots years

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Officiating has been bad for at least 40 years. Ask a Raider fan what they think then point out that they benefited from the Holy Roller. Ask an Oiler fan in 1979. Instant replay was initially instituted in 1986 and people pointed at the Renfro non-TD in the 1979 AFC Championship game when he was clearly in and the refs got it wrong as one of the main reasons.

The difference now is that we all have access to everything at our fingertips. Any game, any play, any replay, social media sites dissecting everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X