• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Agree With This Perception Of The Bills

Rodak at ESPN is just a young kid but his view of this team isn't rocket science. It's who the Bills are and real change must be recognized by the new owner. It's so frustrating to see the same dull performance with no real adjustments.

The Bills are what they are: a team with a limited offense and sub-par quarterback, a strong defense that shows holes against better teams, and young players who commit silly fouls and mistakes.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Agree With This Perception Of The Bills

Pretty much.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i don't get the "good d that gets exposed by good offenses". They were on the field with no help. even when they helped themselves with pics, there were phantom callbacks and no points generated by the offense. it was 14-3 at half thanks to turnovers, and the points came on when they stoppped them on 3rd down and BS calls came. you can overcome one or 2 of those calls. to have it go on all game with zero offensive help is the issue for the defense.

the offense is inexcusably bad. they have no identity. they have no strategy. they just like to run a couple plays and hope to hit the homerun. they have not taken a meaningful step forward since Marrone's start. There is no way hackett can stay. everyone regresses. the WR, the RB, the QB, the line, the TE. What used to work, simply doesn't. and they've rotated everyone. at some point it has to point back to the coaches.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

I agree about the silly mistakes and penalties, and limited offense and sub-par QB, but we were 2 impartial refs away from winning yesterday.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Those "silly" fouls (like Hughes' unsportsmanlike conduct) are due to pure frustration. They know what we all do; they will never be given a fair shot against marquee teams and players.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Rodak at ESPN is just a young kid but his view of this team isn't rocket science. It's who the Bills are and real change must be recognized by the new owner. It's so frustrating to see the same dull performance with no real adjustments.

The Bills are what they are: a team with a limited offense and sub-par quarterback, a strong defense that shows holes against better teams, and young players who commit silly fouls and mistakes.
            sounds like exactly what ive been saying except i add in since the qb is sub par let see if the young qb is less sub par

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

This one is dumb. What defense doesn't give up more points against good offenses than they do the bad/average offenses? Imagine how good the D would be if they got even a little help from the offense.

I pretty much agree with the rest.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

I said early last week that 3 points in a half would not cut it.

The good news is the Marrone/Hackett/Orton apologists have to shut the hell up.

There is no defending any of them.

TERRIBLE conservative playcalling by Marrone/Hackett.

TERRIBLE QB play by Orton.

I want them all gone next year.

The end of the first half, 32 seconds left, down by 11 points against Manning & the Broncos & Marrone/Hackett call a run play.

Why not send Goodwin downfield & throw him a bomb?

It is called risk reward. That would have been a low risk, high reward call.

The run play was low risk, no reward call.

The Bills made no attempt to open things up on offense until they were down by 18 points. TOO LATE.

And Orton played terrible. He could not deliver when called on to do so.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  I said early last week that 3 points in a half would not cut it.

The good news is the Marrone/Hackett/Orton apologists have to shut the hell up.

There is no defending any of them.

TERRIBLE conservative playcalling by Marrone/Hackett.

TERRIBLE QB play by Orton.

I want them all gone next year.

The end of the first half, 32 seconds left, down by 11 points against Manning & the Broncos & Marrone/Hackett call a run play.

Why not send Goodwin downfield & throw him a bomb?

It is called risk reward. That would have been a low risk, high reward call.

The run play was low risk, no reward call.

The Bills made no attempt to open things up on offense until they were down by 18 points. TOO LATE.

And Orton played terrible. He could not deliver when called on to do so.

I'm not 100% sure about Marrone. I still like him. This is the 1st year in a while that we are legitimately competitive with every team we've faced. That says something to me.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                    I'm not 100% sure about Marrone. I still like him. This is the 1st year in a while that we are legitimately competitive with every team we've faced. That says something to me.
                    If Chan Gailey had Schwartz & this defense, his teams would have been more competitive than Marrone has them.

Getting an OC that knows what he is doing would help, but Marrone would still be too conservative for me.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

at least we are not washington with the RG3 situation

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

The " D shows holes against better teams " part is probably his Pats googles that he wears (Boston guy).

He sees the Pats O make big plays against the Bills D a couple times every year.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

There are no teams in todays NFL that do not have holes on both sides of the ball, this is because of Free Agency.

The Seahawks defense is not as good as last year, the niners are another example.

The pats and denver on offense are not as good as last year

The packers defense.

Rodak is a pats fan and terrible journalist who only cares to make the bills look bad.

That being said what did he say that no one else on the planet did not know already?

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                            Those "silly" fouls (like Hughes' unsportsmanlike conduct) are due to pure frustration. They know what we all do; they will never be given a fair shot against marquee teams and players.
                            I agree with this statement 100% it has to do with maturity. The Bills are allowing officials to control their play and they're killing themselves in the process.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• chris66
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I agree with this statement 100% it has to do with maturity. The Bills are allowing officials to control their play and they're killing themselves in the process.
                              Its a good defense but not a very disiplined one

Comment

Working...
                              X