PDA

View Full Version : Agree With This Perception Of The Bills

Night Train
12-08-2014, 05:13 AM
Rodak at ESPN is just a young kid but his view of this team isn't rocket science. It's who the Bills are and real change must be recognized by the new owner. It's so frustrating to see the same dull performance with no real adjustments.

The Bills are what they are: a team with a limited offense and sub-par quarterback, a strong defense that shows holes against better teams, and young players who commit silly fouls and mistakes.

Historian
12-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Pretty much.

trapezeus
12-08-2014, 07:16 AM
i don't get the "good d that gets exposed by good offenses". They were on the field with no help. even when they helped themselves with pics, there were phantom callbacks and no points generated by the offense. it was 14-3 at half thanks to turnovers, and the points came on when they stoppped them on 3rd down and BS calls came. you can overcome one or 2 of those calls. to have it go on all game with zero offensive help is the issue for the defense.

the offense is inexcusably bad. they have no identity. they have no strategy. they just like to run a couple plays and hope to hit the homerun. they have not taken a meaningful step forward since Marrone's start. There is no way hackett can stay. everyone regresses. the WR, the RB, the QB, the line, the TE. What used to work, simply doesn't. and they've rotated everyone. at some point it has to point back to the coaches.

imbondz
12-08-2014, 07:22 AM
I agree about the silly mistakes and penalties, and limited offense and sub-par QB, but we were 2 impartial refs away from winning yesterday.

Thurmal
12-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Those "silly" fouls (like Hughes' unsportsmanlike conduct) are due to pure frustration. They know what we all do; they will never be given a fair shot against marquee teams and players.

djjimkelly
12-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Rodak at ESPN is just a young kid but his view of this team isn't rocket science. It's who the Bills are and real change must be recognized by the new owner. It's so frustrating to see the same dull performance with no real adjustments.

The Bills are what they are: a team with a limited offense and sub-par quarterback, a strong defense that shows holes against better teams, and young players who commit silly fouls and mistakes.

sounds like exactly what ive been saying except i add in since the qb is sub par let see if the young qb is less sub par

Novacane
12-08-2014, 07:39 AM

This one is dumb. What defense doesn't give up more points against good offenses than they do the bad/average offenses? Imagine how good the D would be if they got even a little help from the offense.

I pretty much agree with the rest.

better days
12-08-2014, 07:47 AM
I said early last week that 3 points in a half would not cut it.

The good news is the Marrone/Hackett/Orton apologists have to shut the hell up.

There is no defending any of them.

TERRIBLE conservative playcalling by Marrone/Hackett.

TERRIBLE QB play by Orton.

I want them all gone next year.

The end of the first half, 32 seconds left, down by 11 points against Manning & the Broncos & Marrone/Hackett call a run play.

Why not send Goodwin downfield & throw him a bomb?

It is called risk reward. That would have been a low risk, high reward call.

The run play was low risk, no reward call.

The Bills made no attempt to open things up on offense until they were down by 18 points. TOO LATE.

And Orton played terrible. He could not deliver when called on to do so.

imbondz
12-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I said early last week that 3 points in a half would not cut it.

The good news is the Marrone/Hackett/Orton apologists have to shut the hell up.

There is no defending any of them.

TERRIBLE conservative playcalling by Marrone/Hackett.

TERRIBLE QB play by Orton.

I want them all gone next year.

The end of the first half, 32 seconds left, down by 11 points against Manning & the Broncos & Marrone/Hackett call a run play.

Why not send Goodwin downfield & throw him a bomb?

It is called risk reward. That would have been a low risk, high reward call.

The run play was low risk, no reward call.

The Bills made no attempt to open things up on offense until they were down by 18 points. TOO LATE.

And Orton played terrible. He could not deliver when called on to do so.

I'm not 100% sure about Marrone. I still like him. This is the 1st year in a while that we are legitimately competitive with every team we've faced. That says something to me.

better days
12-08-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm not 100% sure about Marrone. I still like him. This is the 1st year in a while that we are legitimately competitive with every team we've faced. That says something to me.

If Chan Gailey had Schwartz & this defense, his teams would have been more competitive than Marrone has them.

Getting an OC that knows what he is doing would help, but Marrone would still be too conservative for me.

djjimkelly
12-08-2014, 07:59 AM
at least we are not washington with the RG3 situation

Night Train
12-08-2014, 08:02 AM
The " D shows holes against better teams " part is probably his Pats googles that he wears (Boston guy).

He sees the Pats O make big plays against the Bills D a couple times every year.

DesertFox24
12-08-2014, 09:35 AM
There are no teams in todays NFL that do not have holes on both sides of the ball, this is because of Free Agency.

The Seahawks defense is not as good as last year, the niners are another example.

The pats and denver on offense are not as good as last year

The packers defense.

Rodak is a pats fan and terrible journalist who only cares to make the bills look bad.

That being said what did he say that no one else on the planet did not know already?

The King
12-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Those "silly" fouls (like Hughes' unsportsmanlike conduct) are due to pure frustration. They know what we all do; they will never be given a fair shot against marquee teams and players.

I agree with this statement 100% it has to do with maturity. The Bills are allowing officials to control their play and they're killing themselves in the process.

chris66
12-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I agree with this statement 100% it has to do with maturity. The Bills are allowing officials to control their play and they're killing themselves in the process.
Its a good defense but not a very disiplined one

Dr. Who
12-08-2014, 11:08 AM
It would be more disciplined if the onus of winning the game was more equally shared with the offense.
Refs screwing you over doesn't help, either.

WagonCircler
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
sounds like exactly what ive been saying except i add in since the qb is sub par let see if the young qb is less sub par

He is more subpar. And you obviously love his ass.

better days
12-08-2014, 02:04 PM
He is more subpar. And you obviously love his ass.

It is more obvious you are an EJ HATER.

notacon
12-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree about the silly mistakes and penalties, and limited offense and sub-par QB, but we were 2 impartial refs away from winning yesterday.

:rofl: Whining about the refs is for losers.

No, the refs did not lose the game yesterday. No, the Bills were not even close to being able to win.

Denver was toying with us.

The sentence that started this thread is right on the money.

gebobs
12-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Orton taking a slide three yards before the sticks. It's crap like that which loses games for Buffalo. Not some secret conspiracy within the NFL (you know, the partnership of which our owner is a member) and the officials.

The thing I took away from this game is I will take all bets that Denver is not going to win the championship. Did not impress me one bit.

YardRat
12-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, the 'young players that commit silly fouls' isn't entirely accurate, relative to yesterday's game anyway.

Graham's INT was called back on a Kyle Williams penalty.
Gilmore's on a Corey Graham penalty.
FJax's run on Urbik. The 'unsportsmanlike on Pears.
Offsides on Mario. OPI on Chandler.

Those are vets getting jobbed, not the newbies.

pmoon6
12-08-2014, 03:46 PM
:rofl: Whining about the refs is for losers.

No, the refs did not lose the game yesterday. No, the Bills were not even close to being able to win.

Denver was toying with us.

The sentence that started this thread is right on the money.Hmmmm, it seems your as stupid concerning football as you are about politics.

You doubled down and still drew the genetic short straw.....as well as rides to school on the short bus.

Bunion
12-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Dear Kim Pegula,

Please ****can Pat Morris, Nate Hackett and St. Doug, and pay Harbaugh whatever he wants to not be a Raider.

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 04:41 PM
at least we are not washington with the RG3 situation
and what about St Louis and the Bradford decision?

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Dear Kim Pegula,

Please ****can Pat Morris, Nate Hackett and St. Doug, and pay Harbaugh whatever he wants to not be a Raider.

I agree Morris has to go. Hackett I'm on the fence as I can't tell if he's that bad or the talent on the team. I'm leaning to blaming him since I feel we have better talent than we did with Gailey here but that's still a question mark. Marrone has been adequate and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. As it's reminiscent of the Mularkey years as while he had his faults I think we fired him much too quickly.

pmoon6
12-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Dear Kim Pegula,

Please ****can Pat Morris, Nate Hackett and St. Doug, and pay Harbaugh whatever he wants to not be a Raider.Harbaugh......just say "NO".

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-09-2014, 05:45 AM
I agree Morris has to go. Hackett I'm on the fence as I can't tell if he's that bad or the talent on the team. I'm leaning to blaming him since I feel we have better talent than we did with Gailey here but that's still a question mark. Marrone has been adequate and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. As it's reminiscent of the Mularkey years as while he had his faults I think we fired him much too quickly.

Mularkey resigned. We didn't fire him. But either way he has not been a hot name seeing he's never gotten another head coaching opportunity since

Bunion
12-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Hackett's got the best case for staying, given the quality of the o-line coaching, the lack of talent on the offensive interior, and bum QBs. But it's Doug who OK'd an offense that EJ Manuel couldn't run and plays football like it's 1980. The worst thing though is his decision making under pressure, the last six minutes of the Denver game are the most recent example of his following a logic nobody but him seems to use.

better days
12-09-2014, 08:57 AM

Mularkey was not fired too early.

Phillips & Gailey were two HC's that were fired too early.

If Marrone is fired after this year, it will not be too early.