• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem -- REKINDLED

I hope the naysayers are happy about the glaring reality from these threads. This clearly is a Football Team With a Quarterback Problem. No, it was not an EJ Manual hatred thread in the least bit. Bottom line is these guys are good but they can't buck up to scary good until they get better production from the QB. And before you yelp about putting EJ Manual back in remember--were he in there over 1/2 of the completions Orton made would not have even been thrown.

We need a QB on this team. No, we need two QBs on this team and Orton isn't one of them. I like him this year ... probably he would be quite a bit better with better OLine play. But let's not mince hairs here Orton is not good enough to win a SuperBowl with. If they bring him back next year they are wasting a whole lot of talent yet again.

The EJ Manuel experiment has not reached completion. He needs to be on this team next year and competing for a starting spot. Our best case scenario is Manuel gets his act together and starts lighting it up. There is no guarantee what way he is going but I am not sure even putting him back in this season is going to be productive as some seem to say.

What we really need is a guy who can play and play consistently. Who is he? I am not sure but this team will be no where until he shows up.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem -- REKINDLED

the O has no identity. they run and pass whenever they feel like it. they don't look to set anything up during the full 60 minutes. they just call plays in and have a line that doesn't read the attack particularly well.

every player has regressed under marrone and hackett. they have some blips. but they all get benched or sat, and the next guy up is ok and then regresses. i don't think EJ and Orton are necessarily all-stars, but they can't be this bad. the team is lead very poorly on offense and it starts with marrone/hackett. if marrone wants to take credit, he should be fired. if he wants to put blame on hackett, he should be fired.

i am curious how schwartz looks at this. "i did a great job with no support. i'd like to be head coach, i know an OC or 2 who can get next year to be a big year with the guys we have in house."

it's going to be a wacky offseason for sure.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm not sure why Typ0 you needed to sound prepared for confrontation. No one here will disagree with you, we need a QB.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i see no way to avoid the dreaded open competition next summer. probably add a draft pick and go with that. orton is a baseline starter, ej still has a glimmer of possible starter material, and a 2nd rounder to see if they get lucky
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

Roster wise, I think the interior of the o-line needs to be the priority. If we take a flier on a qb in the draft, I like Shane Carden and maybe Patrick Towles.

I don't think it matters if they don't get a competent o-coordinator, btw.

Comment

Working...
          X