• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Bills vs Packers - what do you do?

QB change?

I'm not in the EJ will be great camp. I don't even know if that camp exists. But i will say, defenses had more issues with our QBs when the footage is limited. Kyle and EJ both got off to winning starts. Not impressive starts, but they won early. as the lame offense prodded forward, they were easier to figure out because the offense as a whole was easier to figure out.

is it worth changing simply to get that advantage. the bills need to win all 3 now and to me the difference between EJ and Orton is now negligible. Why not make the packers have to prep for something different.

the hidden advantage is that if this works, ej's confidence is bouyed. if it doesn't, orton is insulted and doesn't reup. the bills still have EJ as their back up and forced to look for a qb.

I don't think a QB change guarantees a win, but it aligns what the team's longer term goal.

so simply, would you change qbs for next week and does my explanation make any sense?
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills vs Packers - what do you do?

I would change just to see if EJ has learned anything while on the bench. We're not winning 3 in a row so why not.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

It really doesn't matter. We are playing another marquee franchise, so most of our decent plays will be negated by dubious penalties.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        QB change?

I'm not in the EJ will be great camp. I don't even know if that camp exists. But i will say, defenses had more issues with our QBs when the footage is limited. Kyle and EJ both got off to winning starts. Not impressive starts, but they won early. as the lame offense prodded forward, they were easier to figure out because the offense as a whole was easier to figure out.

is it worth changing simply to get that advantage. the bills need to win all 3 now and to me the difference between EJ and Orton is now negligible. Why not make the packers have to prep for something different.

the hidden advantage is that if this works, ej's confidence is bouyed. if it doesn't, orton is insulted and doesn't reup. the bills still have EJ as their back up and forced to look for a qb.

I don't think a QB change guarantees a win, but it aligns what the team's longer term goal.

so simply, would you change qbs for next week and does my explanation make any sense?
        The difference between EJ and Orton is huge.

Orton wasn't great yesterday but he moved the ball better than EJ could have I'm pretty certain. Orton has accuracy, not Peyton accuracy but way more accurate than EJ.

Watkins and Woods would have a meltdown if EJ came back.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          I would change just to see if EJ has learned anything while on the bench. We're not winning 3 in a row so why not.
          I like our chances of ripping off 3 wins actually.

I think we will beat GB and Oakland. If Pats have their seed wrapped up by final week we beat them too. And even if they don't I like the idea of Schwartz getting another crack at Brady.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post

Orton wasn't great yesterday but he moved the ball better than EJ could have I'm pretty certain. Orton has accuracy, not Peyton accuracy but way more accurate than EJ.

No it's not. They both suck!

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

Ride Orton. If the lose then put the kid in vs Oak and NE. Then fire all these ass clown coaches on Monday including that tool Brandon. This is his mess which nobody is mentioning in the media.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

We can mathematically make the playoffs even with a loss to the Packers. We play Orton til we are out, then we play Manual just to see if he "grew" any. This may however piss off Orton to the point where he opts out of his contract and we are stuck with Manual next year growth or not. LOL
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

We are probably not going 3-0 to close out the season. That being said, I think we can sneak past Green Bay and we are good enough to get by Oakland. Anyways, we are still alive for a playoff spot --albeit on life support -- and as such we should start our best players and that includes Kyle Orton.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad View Post
                    We can mathematically make the playoffs even with a loss to the Packers. We play Orton til we are out, then we play Manual just to see if he "grew" any. This may however piss off Orton to the point where he opts out of his contract and we are stuck with Manual next year growth or not. LOL

If he's that stupid then let him! No other team is bringing him in as their starter next year.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post

NO, the difference between Orton & EJ is NEGLIGABLE.

And after playing with Orton a while, I think the WR's would welcome EJ back.

Orton did not throw to them at all until the Bills were down by 18 points.

Orton averaged just over 4 yds per attempt in the first half TERRIBLE playcalling by Hackett & TERRIBLE execution by Orton.

I really don't see how EJ can do worse than 3 points in a half of football which Orton has done twice in the span of a few weeks.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

no way you make a change back. Orton is our guy until the season ends. He's earned it. the .005% chance we have to make the playoffs goes to 0% with EJ
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          NO, the difference between Orton & EJ is NEGLIGABLE.

And after playing with Orton a while, I think the WR's would welcome EJ back.

Orton did not throw to them at all until the Bills were down by 18 points.

Orton averaged just over 4 yds per attempt in the first half TERRIBLE playcalling by Hackett & TERRIBLE execution by Orton.

I really don't see how EJ can do worse than 3 points in a half of football which Orton has done twice in the span of a few weeks.
                          Orton did well on third down yesterday, I liked his accuracy and he hit some nice downfield throws. The throws he was making to Watkins in particular are throws Manuel can't/won't make.

Orton is way ahead. 355 yards passing with 50 yards in team rushing. If we had a running game he would be doing way better. EJ had a running game when he was in.

Comment

• Kenny
                            • Aug 2004

I dont think we put in EJ until after the GB game (or during if we get blown out). I still think Orton gives us the best chance to win right now.

If we lose against GB, then yes... put in EJ the rest of the way.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

right, once we're eliminated from playoffs completely, put whoever you want in.
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X