whkfc
12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Per the AP.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-08-2014, 02:13 PM
What a God damned waste. I will never understand this

Novacane
12-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Makes sense. They were talking this morning about the Bills claimed a WR off the Ravens PS. Had to make room for him somewhere.

Ed
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
What a God damned waste. I will never understand this
Me neither. A big talented WR in his prime that was actually excited to come here.

Mr. Pink
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
What a waste.

Didn't need to trade for him in the first place.

And apparently the disdain between him and Marrone from Syracuse was never settled or forgotten.

WagonCircler
12-08-2014, 02:20 PM
This has felt like a personal vendetta on Marrone's part for a long time now.

If so, Marrone needs to go.

I he hates Williams' game that much, he should have waved him a long time ago--or advised Whaley to not sign him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

What a waste.

Didn't need to trade for him in the first place.

And apparently the disdain between him and Marrone from Syracuse was never settled or forgotten.

Which really says a lot about the poor relationship between Marrone and Whaley.

Mr. Pink
12-08-2014, 02:22 PM

I he hates Williams' game that much, he should have waved him a long time ago--or advised Whaley to not sign him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

That too.

If there's a problem between your HC and a player, you sure as hell don't trade for the player and tell the coach to work it out. You trade or sign a different player with a similar skill set instead.

Poor decision by Whaley.

wolfpack
12-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Not "Saint Doug"!

- - - Updated - - -

SeatownBillsFan21
12-08-2014, 02:23 PM
wtf I'm not sure why the traded for the guy in the 1st place hopefully someone claims him so we're off the hook on his remaining contract.

The King
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
wtf I'm not sure why the traded for the guy in the 1st place hopefully someone claims him so we're off the hook on his remaining contract.

We traded for him. I don't believe we're on the hook at all. TB took care of the guaranteed money.

SpikedLemonade
12-08-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm sure the consultant the Pegulas hire will point to this as another example of incompetence.

I suspect this gets down to the Raiders game whether Marrone is back next year -- a loss to go 7-9 means he is not back and a win to go 8-8 and he is back.

The problem with him coming back is he is too stubborn to fire Hackett.

Dr. Who
12-08-2014, 02:34 PM
If he won't fire Hackett, he shouldn't be back. Really, he probably just shouldn't be back.

OpIv37
12-08-2014, 02:35 PM
So we use a 6th round draft pick on the guy,then never even give him a chance?

I could see cutting our losses if he just flat out sucked. It happens. I could see shelving him as injury insurance if we got him cheap as a FA, but we gave up a sixth round pick for him in a year when we are already light on draft picks.

This just doesn't make sense on any level.

The only justification I can think of is if Williams was just a complete jackass and terrible teammate behind the scenes, but if that's the case, we probably would have heard something by now. The media gave him every opportunity to trash the team and the coach when he wasn't dressing and he took the high road with the generic "of course I want to play but it's the coach's choice" response every single time.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Saint Doug needs a punch slammed in his face. I ****ing hate his arrogant ass.

trapezeus
12-08-2014, 02:48 PM
this is the silver lining in the losses against houston, kc, miami and denver. Games where we had a chance and our offense absolutely sucked. and a guy who was traded for only plays in about 4 games.

these kind of moves are helpful to firing .500 marrone and moving another direction. If it's schwartz or a real HC, we'll see. but as i've said through this season, the high for this team was to make the playoffs. there wasn't a lot of hope to go further unless they beat the broncos, packs and pats and just got smoking hot.

I don't see the purpose of keeping the team together to try and push this unit into the playoffs. the dreaded rebuild, with people who have never been associated with the bills seems like the right, long term answer. I am sure schwartz could get this team to the playoffs, but i just don't know how much steam we'd have beyond that.

DesertFox24
12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Word was he not working as hard as they wanted in practice. Additionally Sammy and Robert took over as outside and they liked Chris in the slot better than Mike due to Chris having better short area quickness. I am not going to disagree with that decision but I do wonder why trade for a guy in the first place and let him start only 3 games. Well on second thought they traded for him before the draft so they were hedging their bet if they did not get Sammy or another WR they liked. As a result the only thing I can think of is Mike did not want to play special teams so that is why he got benched. Just my opinion no facts

Dr. Who
12-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Seems to me they could have at least used him in redzone packages.
Bunch of stubborn boneheads.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2014, 03:11 PM
We barely target Robert Woods, expecting to rotate another WR, that **** is madness. It seems like we can never have more than 1 WR + Chandler as receiving targets. They go in saying, ok today is Woods + Chandler, next week it's Chandler and Hogan, you get the point.

Obviously it's not what they do but it sure plays out that way. They have no clue how to utilize our guys, it's why we have so much trouble in the redzone. Remember when Gailey misused Spiller, man I could use some of that misuse this year.

They're incompetent on O.

YardRat
12-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Too bad, I was hoping he'd get (or give himself) a fair chance at doing something here. Whaley obviously is more than willing to throw darts, and he has some decent hits, but this is definitely a miss.

As DraftBoy alluded to another thread, I'd really like to get the perspective of somebody on the inside regarding how some of the personnel has been handled. Mike Williams, Urbik, etc. If it is Marrone, than that certainly qualifies as a black mark in the 'con' column.

Bill Cody
12-08-2014, 03:51 PM
I just asked Doug Marrone about Mike Williams. He said Williams is Fool's Gold

EricStratton
12-08-2014, 03:53 PM
maybe he just wasn't that good. He wasn't a show stopper in the preseason and the coaching staff saw him everyday in practice.

Dr. Who
12-08-2014, 03:56 PM
maybe he just wasn't that good. He wasn't a show stopper in the preseason and the coaching staff saw him everyday in practice.

His problems in Tampa Bay were off-field, were they not?
He seemed pretty productive. Hard to imagine he just lost it. It's not the most plausible explanation.

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 04:25 PM
His problems in Tampa Bay were off-field, were they not?
He seemed pretty productive. Hard to imagine he just lost it. It's not the most plausible explanation.

Maybe he hasn't recovered from the leg stabbing that his brother did in the offseason. That said I liked the initial trade for him as looked like we were getting a vet I felt we needed. In retrospect it still wasn't a bad move pending the terms of his contract/dead money we will accumulate with the cut. Though I'd hope we look to sign a veteran in the offseason to compete with Hogan for the 3rd WR spot. Maybe a guy like Cecil Shorts or Nate Washington.

don137
12-08-2014, 04:53 PM
This is another example of Whaley and coaching staff not on same page. Whaley trades for Williams and it appears Marrone does not care for him and basically since day one he is in Marrone's doghouse.

Other example is how Whaley going for broke rolls trading for Watkins and Marrone/Hackett goes conservative in play calls and lets Watkins often disappear during a game.

Bunion
12-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Adding another post like this seems dumb, but at this point who even ****ing knows what Doug's doing and best of luck to Mike Williams.

k-oneputt
12-08-2014, 05:00 PM
He will be on the Patriots soon enough.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-08-2014, 05:03 PM

you know it. and catching 11 balls for 150 yards against us on december 28

swiper
12-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm sure the consultant the Pegulas hire will point to this as another example of incompetence.

I suspect this gets down to the Raiders game whether Marrone is back next year -- a loss to go 7-9 means he is not back and a win to go 8-8 and he is back.

The problem with him coming back is he is too stubborn to fire Hackett.

No. The real apparent problem is that he's an egomaniac who thinks he's great, but really sucks.

The Jokeman
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Maybe they will cut Alan Branch to get him.

ParanoidAndroid
12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't be too angry if we promoted Schwartz as long as we snagged a legit OC.

Woodman
12-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Tampa didn't want him ... nuff said.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Terry is cheap.

Novacane
12-08-2014, 07:04 PM
you know it. and catching 11 balls for 150 yards against us on december 28

If that's the final nail in Marones coffin I'm cool with that!

better days
12-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Makes sense. They were talking this morning about the Bills claimed a WR off the Ravens PS. Had to make room for him somewhere.

Well, lets see who has the better career.

Mike or the no name the Bills replaced him with.

Time will tell.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Still rather see Williams getting snaps over 1 yard short Hogan.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Still rather see Williams getting snaps over 1 yard short Hogan.

This!!! Thank you td!

Mahdi
12-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Not sure why we signed Deonte Thompson from the Ravens practice squad to our active roster when we have a much more accomplished college receiver on our own practice squad Eric Thomas?

GingerP
12-09-2014, 10:06 AM
He has $5.2M in guaranteed base salary for 2015, part of the contract the Bills inherited. Nobody is going to claim that. He will clear waivers and revert to IR.

Williams $5.2M base is fully guaranteed, and he has a $1M roster bonus and $600K workout bonus in 2015 as well. The question becomes, do the Bills cut him before next season? If they keep him, he is on the books for $6.8M. If they cut him, he is on the books for $5.2M less any offset for money another team pays him if he signs elsewhere.

better days
12-09-2014, 11:42 AM
He has $5.2M in guaranteed base salary for 2015, part of the contract the Bills inherited. Nobody is going to claim that. He will clear waivers and revert to IR.

Williams $5.2M base is fully guaranteed, and he has a $1M roster bonus and $600K workout bonus in 2015 as well. The question becomes, do the Bills cut him before next season? If they keep him, he is on the books for $6.8M. If they cut him, he is on the books for $5.2M less any offset for money another team pays him if he signs elsewhere.

Hopefully the Bills fire Marrone & bring in a HC that makes use of his GOOD players unlike Marrone.

Not playing Mike Williams or Urbic, sitting Hughes for a half against the Broncos STUPID!

HHURRICANE
12-09-2014, 09:23 PM
They never forgave him for wearing red shoes I guess?!?!

swiper
12-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Hopefully the Bills fire Marrone & bring in a HC that makes use of his GOOD players unlike Marrone.

Not playing Mike Williams or Urbic, sitting Hughes for a half against the Broncos STUPID!

Did you not read the many postings where Marrone claims he wasn't aware of Hughes' benching for the half?

sukie
12-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Tampa didn't want him ... nuff said.

Has the under used awesome talent that is Williams been snatched up yet?

Forward_Lateral
12-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Good riddance. Guy's a bum. Good luck in the CFL or Arena League, Mike.

swiper
12-10-2014, 06:48 AM

I think I read, maybe here, that people may be put off by his salary.

sukie
12-10-2014, 06:53 AM
So he sucks at 5 million ...

better days
12-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Did you not read the many postings where Marrone claims he wasn't aware of Hughes' benching for the half?

Yeah, Well Marrone is either a liar or an IDIOT.

In either case he needs to be fired.

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Good riddance. Guy's a bum. Good luck in the CFL or Arena League, Mike.
With the $5.2 million Pegula has to hand over to him next year, he can buy an Arena team & never have to work another day in his life with the $ left over.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Well Marrone is either a liar or an IDIOT.

In either case he needs to be fired.

Why not an and instead of the or?

better days
12-10-2014, 08:05 AM

In the little chance he had to play in Buffalo, Mike had an 80 yd reception for a TD for the Bills.

He will be on some team next year with $5 Mill of Buffalo's money in his pocket.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-10-2014, 09:25 AM

He's hurt, remember? Regardless of his salary, no teams are going to sign a guy who has barely played all year and is now on the injury list without the chance to work him out. He's certainly not getting that contract again, but I think he'll be picked up by someone once he reaches an injury settlement with Buffalo.

The King
12-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Unclaimed. He's ours on IR>