What a God damned waste. I will never understand this
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Re: Mike Williams waived

Makes sense. They were talking this morning about the Bills claimed a WR off the Ravens PS. Had to make room for him somewhere.

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        What a God damned waste. I will never understand this
        Me neither. A big talented WR in his prime that was actually excited to come here.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

What a waste.

Didn't need to trade for him in the first place.

And apparently the disdain between him and Marrone from Syracuse was never settled or forgotten.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

This has felt like a personal vendetta on Marrone's part for a long time now.

If so, Marrone needs to go.

I he hates Williams' game that much, he should have waved him a long time ago--or advised Whaley to not sign him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            What a waste.

Didn't need to trade for him in the first place.

And apparently the disdain between him and Marrone from Syracuse was never settled or forgotten.
            Which really says a lot about the poor relationship between Marrone and Whaley.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

I he hates Williams' game that much, he should have waved him a long time ago--or advised Whaley to not sign him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

That too.

If there's a problem between your HC and a player, you sure as hell don't trade for the player and tell the coach to work it out. You trade or sign a different player with a similar skill set instead.

Poor decision by Whaley.

Comment

• wolfpack
                • Aug 2008

Not "Saint Doug"!

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

wtf I'm not sure why the traded for the guy in the 1st place hopefully someone claims him so we're off the hook on his remaining contract.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21 View Post
                    wtf I'm not sure why the traded for the guy in the 1st place hopefully someone claims him so we're off the hook on his remaining contract.

We traded for him. I don't believe we're on the hook at all. TB took care of the guaranteed money.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

I'm sure the consultant the Pegulas hire will point to this as another example of incompetence.

I suspect this gets down to the Raiders game whether Marrone is back next year -- a loss to go 7-9 means he is not back and a win to go 8-8 and he is back.

The problem with him coming back is he is too stubborn to fire Hackett.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                        • Jul 2002

If he won't fire Hackett, he shouldn't be back. Really, he probably just shouldn't be back.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

So we use a 6th round draft pick on the guy,then never even give him a chance?

I could see cutting our losses if he just flat out sucked. It happens. I could see shelving him as injury insurance if we got him cheap as a FA, but we gave up a sixth round pick for him in a year when we are already light on draft picks.

This just doesn't make sense on any level.

The only justification I can think of is if Williams was just a complete jackass and terrible teammate behind the scenes, but if that's the case, we probably would have heard something by now. The media gave him every opportunity to trash the team and the coach when he wasn't dressing and he took the high road with the generic "of course I want to play but it's the coach's choice" response every single time.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Saint Doug needs a punch slammed in his face. I ****ing hate his arrogant ass.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

this is the silver lining in the losses against houston, kc, miami and denver. Games where we had a chance and our offense absolutely sucked. and a guy who was traded for only plays in about 4 games.

these kind of moves are helpful to firing .500 marrone and moving another direction. If it's schwartz or a real HC, we'll see. but as i've said through this season, the high for this team was to make the playoffs. there wasn't a lot of hope to go further unless they beat the broncos, packs and pats and just got smoking hot.

I don't see the purpose of keeping the team together to try and push this unit into the playoffs. the dreaded rebuild, with people who have never been associated with the bills seems like the right, long term answer. I am sure schwartz could get this team to the playoffs, but i just don't know how much steam we'd have beyond that.

Comment

Working...
                              X