PDA

View Full Version : Bills wouldn't be in postion to grab a 1st round QB regardless of the trade!

streetkings01
12-09-2014, 09:17 AM
What 1st round QB would we be in position to take? Winston, Marriota or Hundley, none would be available with our current pick @ #17. Take a look at the teams ahead of us needy for a QB.........#1 Bucs, #2 Titans, #4 Jets, #10 Saints, #12 Rams and #13 Texans. There are 4 teams in the top 10 that need a QB.........the Bills weren't getting one with or without the Watkins trade IMO.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-09-2014, 09:18 AM
What 1st round QB would we be in position to take? Winston, Marriota or Hundley. None will be available with our current pick @ #17. Take a look at the teams ahead of us needy for a QB.........#1 Bucs, #2 Titans, #4 Jets, #10 Saints, #12 Rams and #13 Texans. There are 4 teams in the top 10 that need a QB.........the Bills weren't getting one with or without the Watkins trade IMO.

stop making so much sense! it's really p***ing me off. everybody knows the pick we traded away is gonna be a top 5. how dare you say otherwise. dammit

Buffalogic
12-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I've been saying there are no QB's to take, but the first round qb stuff keeps living. There will be options outside the first round and outside the draft entirely that we can try to upgrade QB.

Pinkerton Security
12-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Saints? I know Brees has fallen off a little but I doubt they go QB with their first rounder.

I'll be interested to see what the Jets do - they have a few needs on offense but QB has got to be the biggest one by far - I could see them trading up, depending where they fall in the order, to get the first QB off the board.

Albany,n.y.
12-09-2014, 09:58 AM
It didn't stop them from taking EJ in 2013 or trading back into the 1st round for JP in 2004. Neither was a 1st round talent. Until the whole Wilson staff is gone, the Bills will keep making mistakes

streetkings01
12-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Saints? I know Brees has fallen off a little but I doubt they go QB with their first rounder.

I'll be interested to see what the Jets do - they have a few needs on offense but QB has got to be the biggest one by far - I could see them trading up, depending where they fall in the order, to get the first QB off the board.Saints already let it be known they are looking at the future.......if a franchise QB falls to their lap in the 1st round their taking him.

MikeInRoch
12-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Yes, but according to some people they shouldn't have improved by drafting Watkins so that they could suck more and get a better pick...

streetkings01
12-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Yes, but according to some people they shouldn't have improved by drafting Watkins so that they could suck more and get a better pick...I cant speak for other fans , but we could make the playoffs and a percentage of Bills fans would find a reason to complain about that!

OpIv37
12-09-2014, 11:17 AM
What 1st round QB would we be in position to take? Winston, Marriota or Hundley, none would be available with our current pick @ #17. Take a look at the teams ahead of us needy for a QB.........#1 Bucs, #2 Titans, #4 Jets, #10 Saints, #12 Rams and #13 Texans. There are 4 teams in the top 10 that need a QB.........the Bills weren't getting one with or without the Watkins trade IMO.
Yeah well I bet we could get a great interior lineman where we are drafting....

Some of you are acting like a QB is the only thing this team needs. Yes, decent qb play would make us an instant playoff team but we are several other pieces away from being real contenders.
This team needs to make some improvements and it's going to be really hard to do it with so few draft picks.

OpIv37
12-09-2014, 11:19 AM
I've been saying there are no QB's to take, but the first round qb stuff keeps living. There will be options outside the first round and outside the draft entirely that we can try to upgrade QB.
No there won't.

It will be a camp competition between Orton, EJ and maybe some mid-round pick and Orton will win relatively easily.

Ingtar33
12-09-2014, 11:44 AM

and anyone who takes any of those QBs will deserve the wasted time and effort it will bring. Marriota is not a first round QB talent, at best i'd draft him in the 3rd... though in this weak draft, depending on how oregon does in this playoff he'll probably go in the top 15, Winston i wouldn't touch no matter what round it was, if you take his head out of the equation, he's a solid 2nd rounder~ 1st rounder in a weak year (this is a weak year), the only teams that will draft him in round 1 are so desperate for a qb they decided having a guy destined for jail and with the biggest "ryan leaf" crash and burn prospect since ryan leaf is worth a top round pick, and Hundley i need to see more of, but don't remember looking at him and thinking "first round!"

There are better options then these guys in the college football ranks. Connor Cook and Garrett Grayson are the two that i'm keeping an eye on. I think Cook should be the first QB taken in the draft this year from what i've seen of him. That said this is a poor year for QBs... cook is the only one i've seen thus far i'd give a 1st round pick for.

WagonCircler
12-09-2014, 11:49 AM
I've been saying there are no QB's to take, .

And you'd be wrong.

Just because you haven't heard of a QB, doesn't mean he's not good.

And it REALLY doesn't mean that he won't be better than what we've got.

Buffalogic
12-09-2014, 11:51 AM
And you'd be wrong.

Just because you haven't heard of a QB, doesn't mean he's not good.

And it REALLY doesn't mean that he won't be better than what we've got.You can't just fabricate a first round qb (sans EJ). They either exist or they don't. There won't be one available in our former spot.

Ingtar33
12-09-2014, 11:55 AM
sidenote:

some guys in later rounds to take a flier on if we want to take a shot at filling out the roster at the QB spot
Sean Mannion
Brandon Bridge
Taylor Kelly

k-oneputt
12-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Taylor Kelly doesn't have the arm to play in the NFL.

Joe Fo Sho
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Some of you are acting like a QB is the only thing this team needs. Yes, decent qb play would make us an instant playoff team but we are several other pieces away from being real contenders.
This team needs to make some improvements and it's going to be really hard to do it with so few draft picks.

Exactly. This thread is basically saying "If we're not going to draft a QB with our draft pick, we don't need that draft pick!" So wrong.

EricStratton
12-09-2014, 12:12 PM
The Giant taking a QB talk has been festering in the NYC area lately too.

GreedoII
12-09-2014, 12:15 PM

play with this..it might make you feel better...

http://first-pick.com/

TacklingDummy
12-09-2014, 12:55 PM

This is when you use an extra first rounder to trade up to get a QB.
Not to trade up to get a WR in a deep WR draft.
The Bills screwed up next years draft, this year.

streetkings01
12-09-2014, 03:13 PM

This team needs to make some improvements and it's going to be really hard to do it with so few draft picks.I'm not saying losing that pick wont hurt.......the point I was trying to make is even if we did have our pick still we wouldn't be in a position to grab a top QB anyways. People aren't mad about losing the pick because we can grab a good OL......their mad because no 1st round QB period!

HHURRICANE
12-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Won't we be top ten at 7-9?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Won't we be top ten at 7-9?

No,

JAX
TEN
NYJ
WAS
OAK
NYG
CHI
and whichever three goofnuts don't win the NFC South will all draft ahead of us.

tomz
12-10-2014, 05:52 AM
No,

JAX
TEN
NYJ
WAS
OAK
NYG
CHI
and whichever three goofnuts don't win the NFC South will all draft ahead of us.

Plus we will have a stronger schedule strength than anyone who played the NFC South and therefore a later draft pick than anyone we end up tied with, I believe.