X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

While Sabres general manager Tim Murray is reportedly content to wait patiently for prices to rise on the trade market, he's prepared to capitalize on the stellar start to the season that his goaltenders Michal Neuvirth and Jhonas Enroth are authoring.
    "Now (Murray) is not going to deal both (Enroth and Neuvirth)," TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported during an Insider Trading segment on Tuesday. "But I'm told he's ready to deal one of them.
    "They're both UFAs at the end of the year," LeBrun continued, "he's not going to sign them both. I think he'd like to sign one, trade the other."

• Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Re: Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

LMFAO!!!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Re: Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

Keep neuvirth please.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

He must be waiting for like 12 goalies in the league to get injured. That is the only way the price will go up with those 2.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

I think it means he is willing to wait for the prices to go up on other players, like Stewart, Stafford, Hodgson, etc. I believe I would rather keep Neuvirth. I would love to keep Enroth, but I don't see him as a #1 and I think he wants to be that somewhere.

Maybe Edmonton would trade for their first rounder?

Comment

• mightysimi
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
            I think it means he is willing to wait for the prices to go up on other players, like Stewart, Stafford, Hodgson, etc. I believe I would rather keep Neuvirth. I would love to keep Enroth, but I don't see him as a #1 and I think he wants to be that somewhere.

Maybe Edmonton would trade for their first rounder?
            lol. They already have 2 average goalies. They are definitely not trading the pick that could possibly be McDavid or Eichel for one of them.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
              lol. They already have 2 average goalies. They are definitely not trading the pick that could possibly be McDavid or Eichel for one of them.
              Well, Edmonton management doesn't seem too bright, so I can hope.

Comment

• mightysimi
                • Mar 2010

Well, Edmonton management doesn't seem too bright, so I can hope.
                ROFL!! Well you do have them there! See if they will sweeten the deal with Hall too!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

As fans, we tend to over-value our players in terms of trade value. And as bad as this FO has been, they have gotten good returns on trades and have even fleeced other teams at times. But that only increases fans' expectations for what we can get in return for guys like Enroth and Neuvrith.

Both are decent goaltenders and I'm sure we can get something from a contender that has an injury at goalie and needs a rent-a-player for the playoff push. And since they are FA's anyway, any return is better than nothing. Just don't expect too much.

More importantly, what are we going to do about G? Is Hackett ready to come up? Do we have to start going after FA's? It's a strange situation to be in because Miller and Hasek had us set at G for so long.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Any pick for either player will be fine.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      As fans, we tend to over-value our players in terms of trade value. And as bad as this FO has been, they have gotten good returns on trades and have even fleeced other teams at times. But that only increases fans' expectations for what we can get in return for guys like Enroth and Neuvrith.

Both are decent goaltenders and I'm sure we can get something from a contender that has an injury at goalie and needs a rent-a-player for the playoff push. And since they are FA's anyway, any return is better than nothing. Just don't expect too much.

More importantly, what are we going to do about G? Is Hackett ready to come up? Do we have to start going after FA's? It's a strange situation to be in because Miller and Hasek had us set at G for so long.
                      hackett has been injured. but makarov just continues to develop beyond expectations. maybe they want to make him backup next year and see what he can do? seems a little early, but he just keeps climbing the ladder.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Hackett is close to returning, what I've heard and read says that he could be back in early-late Jan.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Sorry, but Hackett isn't that good, IMO. At least he hasn't shown to be.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Sorry, but Hackett isn't that good, IMO. At least he hasn't shown to be.
                            there was a time he was projected really high. he just never materialized. that said, in 8 game last year, he was decent. so if he comes back and is healthy and a move is made, id give him another shot. liuwen isnt NHL material and makki needs more time.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                              Victimizing The Victimizer
                              • Aug 2012

Craig Custance of ESPN: Trade talks have declined for the Sabres compared to a month ago.
                              Maybe I’m asking too much,” Murray said, to which a few of his colleagues quickly nodded in agreement.

Comment

Working...
                              X