PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams to be releases once healthy

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 11:37 AM
http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-receiver-mike-williams-be-released There is the link since you people will ask. Some people have said that doing this will eliminate a lot of money for the cap. Others have said there is dead money and others have said no dead money. Does anyone actually know how this will effect the cap, hopefully they use the funds to pay Jerry, Dareus, Bradham, and Spikes. I would like to keep spikes if he wants to stay at a decent contract. Also my return button is not working on this message board only, any ideas?

better days
12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Sounds like the Bills are only on the hook for this year.

I doubt they will have any dead money next year from Mike.

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Sounds like the Bills are only on the hook for this year.

I doubt they will have any dead money next year from Mike. I read an article that if the bills cut Rivers and Williams they will have almost 40 million in space, Rivers is not make that much money so I don't see the benefit in cutting him at least we have a vet with experience, that being said if he is making 5 mil to be a backup then maybe wise to move on. I just do not want to mess with the defense at all since it is working. I want this offseason totally dedicated to the offense, finding a QB, and getting better players or depth on the OL.

better days
12-10-2014, 11:48 AM
I read an article that if the bills cut Rivers and Williams they will have almost 40 million in space, Rivers is not make that much money so I don't see the benefit in cutting him at least we have a vet with experience, that being said if he is making 5 mil to be a backup then maybe wise to move on. I just do not want to mess with the defense at all since it is working. I want this offseason totally dedicated to the offense, finding a QB, and getting better players or depth on the OL.

Both Bradham & Brown are playing great as well as Spikes.

And next year they get Kiko back as well.

Rivers is not needed even if they don't resign Spikes which I hope they do.

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree on Rivers but if you go into the season with Bradham, Kiko, and Brown starting that is great and all three are three down players which really will make the defense multiple and hard to read. Kiko and Bradham as just as fast as safeties so could easily be similar to a big dime defense with 4 safeties equivalent. That being said that would leave Randell Johnson as the primary backup, we would have to get some cheap vets. As a result I would like to bring back Spikes regardless and then maybe sign a cheaper older vet. I just do not want them messing with the defense bring everyone back and let it go another year, use the resources to resign extend defensive players, and then go out and sign a TE or a guard or a QB. This would allow them to draft OL, RB, QBs

HHURRICANE
12-10-2014, 01:15 PM
The last thing I read was John Clayton who said we are on the hook for his 5.2 million unless soemone picks him up while he's on the injury list before his money is due in March.

That won't happen so the only think I don't know is if it counts against the cap which i assume it does.

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Weird two places are reporting two different things. One places says 5.2 not guaranteed until third day of league year, other site says it is guaranteed. Either way even if it was on the books it saves us significant funds from what I have read.

better days
12-10-2014, 01:23 PM
The last thing I read was John Clayton who said we are on the hook for his 5.2 million unless soemone picks him up while he's on the injury list before his money is due in March.

That won't happen so the only think I don't know is if it counts against the cap which i assume it does.

Mike said he was healthy enough to play against the Broncos.

I think this injury designation is just so a team can't sign Mike this season as a FA.

I think the Bills declare him healed & cut him before they owe him any money other than this years salary.

streetkings01
12-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Mike said he was healthy enough to play against the Broncos.

I think this injury designation is just so a team can't sign Mike this season as a FA.

I think the Bills declare him healed & cut him before they owe him any money other than this years salary.Yup......still dont know why they traded for him the 1st place to use him sparingly in 4 games this season.

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Yup......still dont know why they traded for him the 1st place to use him sparingly in 4 games this season.

Because they missed Sean Merriman and wanted to throw millions away and get nothing in return.

Mace
12-10-2014, 06:18 PM
For the record : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-receiver-mike-williams-released-180502486--nfl.html

The team provided the clarification on Wednesday, a day after Williams was not claimed off the waived-injured list. Once Williams is released, the Bills won't have to pay the final four years of his contract. The fifth-year player was due to make a $5.2 million base salary next season.

His calf injury is likely minimal (team excuse), won't take him into to the next league year where they are on the hook for his salary and would have to cough up injury settlement or generate dead money. When his bruise heals, or his cleat scratch clears up, off he goes.

better days
12-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Robert Woods said Mike Williams is the same player he always was & he was a great teammate.

Ed
12-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I was under the impression when the trade was made that one of the benefits to taking on his contract was that the Bills weren't on the hook for any guaranteed money. So they could cut him and not take on dead money after this season.

streetkings01
12-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I was under the impression when the trade was made that one of the benefits to taking on his contract was that the Bills weren't on the hook for any guaranteed money. So they could cut him and not take on dead money after this season.The main benefit for taking on his contract was getting a player that could help the offense........we didn't get that for whatever reason.