PDA

View Full Version : Good article about Pegula Ownership Duo

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 02:05 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/12/08/pegulas-open-up-about-vision-for-one-buffalo.html?page=all From what I can gather they want to build a downtown stadium. Terry is very competitive and enjoys the building of the team stuff. Kim is not as good at that but is involved but is heavily involved in marketing and the fan experience. Personally I think it is actually a win win for us, Kim will ensure whatever they build or upgrade will be in the best interest of the fans while also concerned about generating revenue and marketing, this is very important as the bills need to infuse corporate dollars to stay competitive. Terry wants to win and will become involved in the scouting aspect and fielding a good team, hopefully he gets Jim Kelly involved in looking at QBs.

SpikedLemonade
12-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I am no interest in Jim Kelly doing anything with the Bills except smile from the sidelines.

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I am no interest in Jim Kelly doing anything with the Bills except smile from the sidelines. I think Jim Kelly would be a very good resource when it comes to looking at college QBs. Even if they decide to go another direction it would be another stone unearthed and more information to help them make an informed decision. Jim is a HOF and knows how to play the game and what it takes to succeed at this level it would be wise to get input from him.

Buffalogic
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
It's nice having the extra thoughtfulness and attention to detail of a female in charge of fan experience. Just stay away from the football operations ;)

DesertFox24
12-10-2014, 03:35 PM
It's nice having the extra thoughtfulness and attention to detail of a female in charge of fan experience. Just stay away from the football operations ;) If you read the article Terry pretty much says she will take his place when he dies and that she will increase involvement in the football operations as time goes on. Thus she will be learning while he is alive and hopefully it will be a seamless transition and no lapse in competence once he passes on. Hopefully 40+ years from now.

trapezeus
12-10-2014, 04:21 PM
kelly liked Tebow as an option. that's not revisionist history and kelly is a football hero for me. but at the time, i thought it was odd that he championed tebow so much.

qb position is a lot of skill and some intangibles, but it also matters at the beginning on if they have time to throw, if they learn from the early beatings. that's not something all former qb's know either. they can't tell any more than the FO pros or the guys on message boards.

YardRat
12-10-2014, 04:30 PM
If you read the article Terry pretty much says she will take his place when he dies and that she will increase involvement in the football operations as time goes on. Thus she will be learning while he is alive and hopefully it will be a seamless transition and no lapse in competence once he passes on. Hopefully 40+ years from now.

I don't want to start a **** storm, but you're assuming that Terry is capable of displaying competence re:his involvement with the team's affairs, and that has yet to be determined.

Buffalogic
12-10-2014, 04:34 PM
^ Hopefully he doesn't meddle too much. Meddling owners are bad for NFL teams.

ICRockets
12-10-2014, 04:59 PM
So...Kim is the new Russ Brandon? Meaning we no longer have a use for the old Russ Brandon, right? Please?

DraftBoy
12-10-2014, 05:16 PM
So...Kim is the new Russ Brandon? Meaning we no longer have a use for the old Russ Brandon, right? Please?

Because there is a specific marketing element you have an issue with?

YardRat
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Because there is a specific marketing element you have an issue with?

Brandon isn't going to stick around for too long if the Pegs getting heavily involved with the team. He's had the keys to the kingdom, and probably isn't going to be satisfied with a different title and responsibilities.

DraftBoy
12-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Brandon isn't going to stick around for too long if the Pegs getting heavily involved with the team. He's had the keys to the kingdom, and probably isn't going to be satisfied with a different title and responsibilities.

We shall see. I have no problem is he stays.

YardRat
12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
We shall see. I have no problem is he stays.

Me either...I just don't see it shaking out that way.