• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem -- Why This Team Is A Failure

I've been saying this for years an now feel the evidence mounts in favor if management ineptitudes. It's driven from the culture that the player decisions be made from the top--including what players are brought onto the team. Marrone has now exposed this over the course of the season. While I can't be certain I now believe it's clearer the argument during training camp was about the QB. And when the choice came down to bench EJ it clearly came from Marrone and it was a "go ahead and fire me" type of attitude at the time he was clearly making a stance. Now he's saying someone else wants EJ to play and he's playing Orton.

It's no wonder we can't get a top knotch coach in here because that person would never get the players he desires on the team to be successful. Marrone thinks EJ is a bust and can't play. This team is good! Unfortunately it's time to clean house and start over .
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem -- Why This Team Is A Failure

I would even go so far to say the slacking on getting a QB like Orton in here in the first place is on the GM to protect and baby the EJ project. This is ****ing rediculous bull**** to throw this entire talented team to the wolves because you have a hard on to be right about a ****ty draft pick you made. Were Orton on the team even two weeks earlier and allowed to beat out EJ for the starting job the team could be in a different place. Orton could be in a different place. The whole psyche of the team could be in a different place. This bull**** is making me want to puke!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Orton make me want to puke.

So does Hackett.

COACHING is the #1 problem on this team.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        I would even go so far to say the slacking on getting a QB like Orton in here in the first place is on the GM to protect and baby the EJ project. This is ****ing rediculous bull**** to throw this entire talented team to the wolves because you have a hard on to be right about a ****ty draft pick you made. Were Orton on the team even two weeks earlier and allowed to beat out EJ for the starting job the team could be in a different place. Orton could be in a different place. The whole psyche of the team could be in a different place. This bull**** is making me want to puke!

Why do you think that? Orton has gotten worse the more he's played. Orton has been average his entire career. He's on his 5th team. I really don't understand why so many here see him as a difference maker? It defies logic!

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Why do you think that? Orton has gotten worse the more he's played. Orton has been average his entire career. He's on his 5th team. I really don't understand why so many here see him as a difference maker? It defies logic!

because you are seeing what you want to see. He is a difference maker only in that he's better than a quarterback who can't play at all. Orton can play. He can make throws. Maybe he's just the average Joe QB but he's got enough skills and experience to be average joe QB. Maybe if he were allowed to prepare a little bit more and practice a little bit more the results would have been better as well. Maybe if he were playing in the Cleveland game there would be a W on the board for that one. Kyle Orton is not the answer but the choices we had on the table at the beginning of training camp were Kyle Orton or EJ Manuel and for some reason until several weeks into the season this team chose EJ Manuel and did 't even bring Orton in until the end of camp. Then, when EJ got sat it's pretty clear Marrone had just had enough of being told that EJ was the guy playing and he made the call ... "then fire me because I dont' want to be here at this point if EJ keeps playing I have a whole team to worry about". So Kyle Orton is the answer when the question states: who to you play EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

This entire QB mess was caused by Doug Whaley.

The sick, scary part is, even if we try to acquire a QB this offseason, the guy picking that QB will be Whaley, whose judgement pertaining to QBs is FAHKING HORRENDOUS.

This is a guy who thought it was fine and dandy to go into this season with EJ "Trent" Manuel and Jeff Tuel as his Quarterbacks, until his HC lost it on him.

Orton was the only choice, because only a damned fool of a GM would wait until the last week of the offseason to pick up a QB.

I pray to God that Terry learned his lesson with Darcy and sends everybody packing, up to and including Whaley, Brandon and Marrone.

We finally have a basically unlimited budget to woo qualified people to run this organization. It would be monumentally stupid not to take advantage of that.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Fire them all. I'm fine with that. Just don't tell me we can win with Kyle Orton.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post

orton played better with no practice than he currently is. i don't think it's EJ or orton. they aren't playing well, but they have both reverted to being ultra conservative than trying to make plays. two qbs with drastically different strengths doing the same thing? points to the coaches philosphies.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

Funny how all the coaches the Bills have gone through forget how to coach once the Bills hire them and then remember how to coach again once the Bills fire them.

Coaches change, crappy QB play does that to coaches.

Get a Jim Kelly in here and the next thing you'll have is your next Marv Levy.

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Orton make me want to puke.

So does Hackett.

Wow... Lol You argued that is was such a good hire... Now your turning on your boy...

I told you Marron was a aweful hire! The same way Chan was an aweful hire and DJ before him.

Hindsight is 20/20 and apparently the blind homers want to put on the rose colored glasses, look the other way when the team hires .500 coaches and drafts second rate and then come to the *****ing party a few years later.

The central question now is: if the Bills hire another Marone will you be supporting it for another 2-3 years or will it be obvious from day 1???
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      Funny how all the coaches the Bills have gone through forget how to coach once the Bills hire them and then remember how to coach again once the Bills fire them.

Coaches change, crappy QB play does that to coaches.

Get a Jim Kelly in here and the next thing you'll have is your next Marv Levy.

You are right. Our biggest problem by far has been QB. A great QB will make an average coach look good. We've had some real losers as HC though. Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, Marone! Mularkey confirmed he was a stooge with his second chance.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        You are right. Our biggest problem by far has been QB. A great QB will make an average coach look good. We've had some real losers as HC though. Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, Marone! Mularkey confirmed he was a stooge with his second chance.
                        And what was the common denominator with all those losers?

They were hired on the cheap by Ralph Wilson.

Now that we have Terry, we need to gut this organization and start fresh with a new culture of winning. Ban the mediocrity.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

on one end you can have a HoF QB and he can mask poor coaching. on the other hand you can have HoF coaches which can cover for mediocre qb play.

somewhere in between, you need coaches who can identify what is going to be his QB's strengths, and minimize his weaknesses.

a good/average coach in pete carroll matched with a good to average qb in russell wilson (not enough info to know who drives their success, though carroll sucked in other NFL stops and now is doing ok)

a good/average coach in John Harbaugh worked with a good to average qb in flacco to win a superbowl.

a good to maybe HoF coach worked with a Qb who at times has good to HoF stats to win a superbowl with the giants.

Where are the bills on this? we have a below average to average qb with a way below average OC. to me, you improve the OC and see what parts of your offense improve along with bringing in some new talent in areas like G, TE, and QB and see who improves and who doesnt. It's easier to fire 1 guy than 11 guys and the supporting cast.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Wow... Lol You argued that is was such a good hire... Now your turning on your boy...

I told you Marron was a aweful hire! The same way Chan was an aweful hire and DJ before him.

Hindsight is 20/20 and apparently the blind homers want to put on the rose colored glasses, look the other way when the team hires .500 coaches and drafts second rate and then come to the *****ing party a few years later.

The central question now is: if the Bills hire another Marone will you be supporting it for another 2-3 years or will it be obvious from day 1???
                            You don't know what the hell you are talking about!

I NEVER said Marrone was a good hire. EVER. IDIOT.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

There are a lot of positives with Marrone. If he could manage a frigging game I'd be totally on board....but he can't so he needs to go. It's unfortunate. Whaley needs to go too. The whole lot of them need to be sent packing. Where is this consultant? We need to hire a consultant who can hire properly not someone to say what's wrong. They all need to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X