X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

NFL = NBA

NFL officiating is becoming more & more like the NBA officiating. It's getting so bad that refs can call or not call defensive holding or PA on most plays. The exact same actions are flagged on some plays and in some games but not others.... It's becoming like the NBA.
    Please Make Sense
  • Gibby
    • Jun 2006

Re: NFL = NBA

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    NFL officiating is becoming more & more like the NBA officiating. It's getting so bad that refs can call or not call defensive holding or PA on most plays. The exact same actions are flagged on some plays and in some games but not others.... It's becoming like the NBA.
    Points sell tickets.

Comment

• Edward Robinson
      • Apr 2013

Real talk I said the same thing on Sunday. Specifically I said that just like the NBA star players get star treatment.

For example, If Gronk pushes off for a TD then no flag more often or not. If Chandler did the same thing( which he did) he will get flagged. Refs are having having to much say so regarding the outcome of game.

Another example is Hughes. In the NBA certain players are known for picking up technicals ( lets say Rasheed Wallace) Well Wallace if he blinked wrong lets say to Joey Crawford he will get teed up. Same thing regarding Hughes. He has a rep for being a hot head and now he has the target on his back.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
        Points sell tickets.
        I don't think points off of phantom PI calls etc are selling any tickets.

For example, after a whopping 1 season I'm cancelling my season tickets.

I'm no longer going to pay to watch the referees continue to over-officiate games and take the result away from the hands of the players.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

And the NBA sucks ass.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
            Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
            • Feb 2013

No the NHL has the worst refs! hands down...they swallow the whistles
            Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
              No the NHL has the worst refs! hands down...they swallow the whistles
              They have to. If they strictly enforced all the chicken sheeit rules instituted after the strike several years ago, the game would be as exciting as a tennis match. It's dull enough as is already...they had to dick with offside passing to generate any interest at all. The worst NHL team before the rule changes would savage this current bunch of skaters if the old rules were allowed.
              Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-11-2014, 08:50 PM.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mightysimi
                Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                They have to. If they strictly enforced all the chicken sheeit rules instituted after the strike several years ago, the game would be as exciting as a tennis match. It's dull enough as is already...they had to dick with offside passing to generate any interest at all. The worst NHL team before the rule changes would savage this current bunch of skaters if the old rules were allowed.
                You could argue that taking out the red line has had a negative effect on offence as now teams will hang further back not wanting to give up the huge stretch pass. And it's not like they completely re-wrote the rule book, they just started to enforce rules properly to stop all of the holding and hooking.

Comment

Working...
                X