How to make the Bills a 10 win team next year. Simple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

How to make the Bills a 10 win team next year. Simple.

1. Bring in Cutler after he's released. He has a bad gig in CHI with a bad defense.

2. Go after O-line hard in FA.

3. Extend Darius and Hughes.

I would say fire Whaley, Marrone, and Hackett but that ain't happening.

It's really that simple folks...
  • pmoon6
    Legendary Zoner
    • Dec 2002

Re: How to make the Bills a 10 win team next year. Simple.

Jay Cutler is Ryan Fitzpatrick/Kyle Orton with a rocket arm.

He still makes poor decisions frequently.

However, it depends on if he wants to play here and how much he will cost.

Cutler is by no means "The Answer" to our QB problem.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

I think we already have our quota of strong arm qb's who make bad decisions.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

hes better then orton but that aint saying much

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          1. Bring in Cutler after he's released. He has a bad gig in CHI with a bad defense.

2. Go after O-line hard in FA.

3. Extend Darius and Hughes.

I would say fire Whaley, Marrone, and Hackett but that ain't happening.

It's really that simple folks...
          I almost completely agree with you but Cutler is not the guy. He's a terrible leader, sort of like a Geno Smith type hangs his head and pouts when he's having a bad day. You don't want him. But yes, a legit QB is definitely what we need.

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
            hes better then orton but that aint saying much
            Not really, their stats are pretty much the same.

Cutler: QB rating 91.7 Comp% 66.8 TD/Int ratio 26/15

Orton: 89.2 64.7 14/7

They both have been sacked about the same considering Orton played 4 less games.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
              Not really, their stats are pretty much the same.

Cutler: QB rating 91.7 Comp% 66.8 TD/Int ratio 26/15

Orton: 89.2 64.7 14/7

They both have been sacked about the same considering Orton played 4 less games.
              Like jamze said, the Bears have a TERRIBLE defense.

Cutler is not great, but I think the Bills would have made the playoffs this year if he was the QB.

I don't see anyone better that the Bills have a shot of getting next year.

I would take Cutler next year if the Bears cut him loose & Trestman can come as OC as well.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

cutler is jeff george only with better legs.

he's pretty much hated in every locker room he's been a part of, has zero heart on the football field, and has a better arm then most. He can get you to the playoffs if you have a playoff level team everywhere else, but he'll never carry a team, or make a team better then it is. There is a reason why except for 1 or 2 seasons every team he's QB'ed has failed to make the playoffs (remember, orton took the same denver team that cutler couldn't take to the playoffs, to the playoffs the season following the trade)
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Like jamze said, the Bears have a TERRIBLE defense.

Cutler is not great, but I think the Bills would have made the playoffs this year if he was the QB.

I don't see anyone better that the Bills have a shot of getting next year.

I would take Cutler next year if the Bears cut him loose & Trestman can come as OC as well.
                  The defense has nothing to do with QB stats except TD's.

Like Ingtar pointed out, Cutler is a poor leader, some may say a detriment to the team. In that respect, you keep Orton because he is a pretty good leader.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

The defense has nothing to do with QB stats except TD's.

Like Ingtar pointed out, Cutler is a poor leader, some may say a detriment to the team. In that respect, you keep Orton because he is a pretty good leader.
                    If players really do HATE Cutler, I could see that as a reason not to sign him.

But the Bills held Payton Manning to 0 TD's Sunday in Denver.

With a better OC & QB the Bills could have won that game.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      If players really do HATE Cutler, I could see that as a reason not to sign him.

But the Bills held Payton Manning to 0 TD's Sunday in Denver.

With a better OC & QB the Bills could have won that game.
                      The Bills did win that game, at least from my perspective. One of the biggest homejobs I've seen since watching my first game in 1962.

Maybe so, on the OC and QB. Too bad, the utter impatience of Bills' Fans to have a winner gives little opportunity for a new HC or coordinator to grow in the job and have success. We DO need to upgrade at QB, but we also don't know how much progress, if any, Manuel has made as back-up. Another thing impatient fans fail to realize.

You're like little children who don't get what they want immediately.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        cutler is jeff george only with better legs.

he's pretty much hated in every locker room he's been a part of, has zero heart on the football field, and has a better arm then most. He can get you to the playoffs if you have a playoff level team everywhere else, but he'll never carry a team, or make a team better then it is. There is a reason why except for 1 or 2 seasons every team he's QB'ed has failed to make the playoffs (remember, orton took the same denver team that cutler couldn't take to the playoffs, to the playoffs the season following the trade)
                        speaking of jeff george i cant remember the year but it was at the ralph falcons vs the bills crazy windy day. kelly was floating the ball in warm ups , jeff george was throwing it on a rope i can remember thinking good christ if kelly was machine gun kelly jeff george should be bazooka george, jeff george by far has the strongest arm ive ever seen

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Jay Cutler is Ryan Fitzpatrick/Kyle Orton with a rocket arm.

He still makes poor decisions frequently.

However, it depends on if he wants to play here and how much he will cost.

Cutler is by no means "The Answer" to our QB problem.
                          I disagree. Cutler is in the top 5 in INTs yes, but also in the top 5 for sacked the most. However, he's top 10 in -- yards, TDs, and completion percentage.

People a poster at another board sums it up perfectly for me.
                          Bears: 32nd-ranking scoring defense
                          Bills: fourth-ranked scoring defense

Even if Hughes walks, Buffalo's defense will be great again next season. Cutler wouldn't benefit from that in the wins department? The way Cutler's contract is structured - two guaranteed years and then basically a series of one-year deals thereafter - makes him a perfect stopgap. If the Bills get him, they won't have to force the drafting of a QB as long as he's here doing a competent job. Worst-case scenario is that they grow sick of Cutler at any point after two years and then cut ties without any fuss. Unless the Bears' asking price proves ridiculously high (if they even move him), I don't see the downside.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Jeff George was a perfect example of a million dollar arm and a 50 cent head kind of QB.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                              I disagree. Cutler is in the top 5 in INTs yes, but also in the top 5 for sacked the most. However, he's top 10 in -- yards, TDs, and completion percentage.

People a poster at another board sums it up perfectly for me.

I would take Cutler if the price was right, but there are too many negatives.

Thinking he could be Buffalo's ticket to the Super Bowl is for morons grasping at straws.

Comment

Working...
                              X