PDA

View Full Version : The Time Has Come To End Thursday Night Football

BillsImpossible
12-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Somebody needs to take this dog back behind the shed and put it out of it's misery.

May sound cold and callous, but the product on the field is what it is.

A dog with no bark.

Anyone watch last night?

Arizona 12
Rams 6

And it wasn't snowing either.

"At least the game was close," my ass.

Players hate it. If they could vote on it today, how many would be in favor of ending Thursday Night Football?

Probably 100%.

Thursday Night Football is making the NFL look bad, the games have been bad, really bad like that steak taco you wish you never ate.

My God, why did I ever eat/watch that? Thursday Night Football has turned sour.

Memorable moments in a Thursday Night Football game this year?

There are none that I can recall.

It is not fair to expect NFL players to play at their best after only 3 days of rest, and it shows in a bad way.

I'm in my mid-30's and no longer go out on Saturday night's to get hammered like I used to.

The idea of having Saturday Night Football at 8:00 pm next to Saturday Night Live at 11:30ish seems like a good idea to me, and a great excuse to have friends come over on Saturday.

Give America a NFL game at 8 O'clock eastern, 5pm western time on a Saturday and it will become party night football in America.

Nobody has a party on Thursday's to watch the NFL because most of us have to work on Friday.

Novacane
12-12-2014, 08:36 PM
No!

IlluminatusUIUC
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
The NFL can't have Saturday night Football until mid December. It's the law. Seriously.

That said, I'd be ok with Thursday night if they gave both teams the bye the week before.

Albany,n.y.
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Wait until next week's Mariota bowl with two 2-11 soon to be 2-12 teams going head to head in the battle of the worst of the worst.

better days
12-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Thursday night football will not end because it drew GOOD ratings the first half of the season when on CBS.

I expect CBS or another network to televise the entire Thursday Night schedule in the future.

JohnnyGold
12-13-2014, 07:19 AM
The NFL can't have Saturday night Football until mid December. It's the law. Seriously.

That said, I'd be ok with Thursday night if they gave both teams the bye the week before.

Yes, agreed.

Goodell would never in a million years do this, but they should hold off on Thursday night games until week 3 or 4 (when bye weeks start) and end thursday night football in week 13-14, when bye weeks end.

Rather than having every team in the league get a primetime game, limit it to teams who had winning records last year, and ALWAYS MAKE IT AN INTERCONFERENCE GAME. A game like Green Bay/Seattle might be an amazing matchup, but it impacts Buffalo's playoff chances 0%. If it's a Packers/Chargers game, I'm going to stay up for the whole thing, every time. That notion might be antiquated in the age of fantasy football, but still...

Hell, if the NFL can't show games on Fri/Sat nights, they should consider moving the entire league year up a month or two. Crazy right? But why not? Fans LOVE watching snow games... what if the league kicked off Halloween weekend? You would be able to have Friday and Saturday night games by week 8, and the Super Bowl would be in April, meaning cold weather cities like Chicago, Buffalo, Green Bay or Pittsburgh could host it. The draft would be in the dog days of summer, and training camps would be in the cool fall weather.