• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

The Pegula effect

Really nice to see a LA relocation article that doesn't mention the Buffalo Bills.

Back in October, PFT got the ball rolling on the notion that an NFL franchise would be rolling to Los Angeles within the next 12-24 months.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: The Pegula effect

The Raiders don't have a place to play after next year, IIRC. The baseball A's are opening a new stadium and the old one is scheduled to be torn down. Plus the Davis family still owns territorial rights for L.A.

That almost seems obvious...and if Spanos can't get a new stadium in San Diego, then he moves 2 hours north in a second.

Why isn't someone offering Khan of Jacksonville a new home ? That franchise has been a total failure at the gate.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      The Raiders don't have a place to play after next year, IIRC. The baseball A's are opening a new stadium and the old one is scheduled to be torn down. Plus the Davis family still owns territorial rights for L.A.

That almost seems obvious...and if Spanos can't get a new stadium in San Diego, then he moves 2 hours north in a second.

Why isn't someone offering Khan of Jacksonville a new home ? That franchise has been a total failure at the gate.
      Jags are playing in London against Buffalo next year after playing the Cowboys there this year. Makes me wonder if Khan is eyeing London for his Jaguars.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I'd like for the Raiders to move to San Antonio so I can watch the the Bills in person!

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Does the Irsay family still hold territorial rights to Baltimore?

Comment

• Famous Amos
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by don137 View Post
            Jags are playing in London against Buffalo next year after playing the Cowboys there this year. Makes me wonder if Khan is eyeing London for his Jaguars.
            If they do that, London could rebrand the Jaguars, without changing the name, to pay homage to Jaguar cars.
            "Hate is a lack of imagination."
            -Graham Greene

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
              If they do that, London could rebrand the Jaguars, without changing the name, to pay homage to Jaguar cars.
              I think the Jags have a five year commitment to play in London & it will probably be extended.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

If two teams move to L.A. and those teams are the Chargers and Raiders, I could see a major problem there. I mean, they are both in the same division and would play each other twice-a-year. I imagine they'd play in the same home stadium. This situation could spell trouble in terms of fan behavior regularly.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                  Londoners would change the pronunciation, though. To Jag-U-ars.

Freaks.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    If two teams move to L.A. and those teams are the Chargers and Raiders, I could see a major problem there. I mean, they are both in the same division and would play each other twice-a-year. I imagine they'd play in the same home stadium. This situation could spell trouble in terms of fan behavior regularly.
                    I guess one of them could switch divisions.

Seattle used to be an AFC team.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      Londoners would change the pronunciation, though. To Jag-U-ars.

Freaks.
                      And that is how the local Jaguar dealer pronounces it in commercials down here in Sarasota.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Jacksonville has a pretty expensive 'out' clause. Two teams, same city, same division would be nuts (especially considering their AFL roots, I don't see San Diego or Oakland swapping into the NFC). I honestly don't think the NFL will ever catch hold in LA, but if the powers that be are stubborn give 'em one and see how it rolls instead of doubling down on stupid.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

If London gets a team, they automatically become my second favorite team.
                          That said, I doubt NFL teams want to schedule that many games overseas.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                            • Nov 2007

I highly doubt the NFL owners would approve a move there. Am I mistaken, but I thought the owners had to sign off on any moves?
                            I came.
                            I saw.
                            I conquered.

Comment

• Gibby
                              • Jun 2006

Really, I think the Raiders move back to LA area and maybe the Bolts. Actually LA is theoretically big enough for a cross town rivalry, but really the way things work the Raiders will probably just play in the 49ers park and the Bolts will move to LA.

Comment

Working...
                              X