PDA

View Full Version : The running game

X-Era
12-13-2014, 05:42 AM
Spiller goes out and we lost the explosive dimension.

Brown- We had hoped Bryce Brown would be that be he seems to be less of the dynamic back that we thought he might be. He also struggles with his vision on finding lanes.

Dixon- Love how Dixon runs. He has some Jerome Bettis in his running style. But he won't be beating guys around the corner or in the backfield. He's really more of a north south runner.

Freddy- Never smart to discount Freddy. I've made that mistake. But he's not had the success of late that he used to. I don't think he's had much room to work. But, he also isn't the dynamic speedster either.

I think we're missing the "lightning" and heavy on the "thunder" in our ground game. With Spillers contract being up after the year I think we very much should be in shopping mode for a dynamic RB.

jamze132
12-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Or a better QB who can prevent 8 in the box all game...

Night Train
12-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Or a better QB who can prevent 8 in the box all game...

Don't forget the OL. The Guard play is probably the worst in football.

feldspar
12-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Well, the Bills tried to trade back up into the second round to take running back Carlos Hyde in this year's draft.

I'm a guy that would like to see Spiller retained too.

swiper
12-13-2014, 06:35 AM
All three suggestions are correct. I still think QB takes precedence, but there's no question they need QB, OL, RB (jealous at what Pittsburgh got in Le'veon Bell).

Somebody else did a priority thread. To me:

1) sign defensive players Hughes, Dareus.

2) get a better QB, if there's any way to do it.

3) O-line

4) RBs

5) TE

better days
12-13-2014, 06:46 AM
All three suggestions are correct. I still think QB takes precedence, but there's no question they need QB, OL, RB (jealous at what Pittsburgh got in Le'veon Bell).

Somebody else did a priority thread. To me:

1) sign defensive players Hughes, Dareus.

2) get a better QB, if there's any way to do it.

3) O-line

4) RBs

5) TE

IMO, better Coaching on Offense is the #1 Need.

YardRat
12-13-2014, 01:22 PM
TJ Yeldon please, and thank you.