PDA

View Full Version : Im Confused.

DGreg
12-14-2014, 03:07 AM
So I live in a small town called Frankfort. It is about 12 miles east if Utica and about an hour east of Syracuse. I have been blacked out several times from Bills home games in the last few years because they were not sold out. When I looked at the black out maps I always seemed to be out side the blackout area, but I was always blacked out. My explanation was that there was a sliver of people who could still receive the signal in your area so we would have to black out all of TWC in the Utica area???. Now I cant watch the Bills this weekend because Fox has decided to show the Giants. So what, we are not blacked out and you still wont show the Bills.

I am really pissed.

Night Train
12-14-2014, 03:50 AM
So I live in a small town called Frankfort. It is about 12 miles east if Utica and about an hour east of Syracuse. I have been blacked out several times from Bills home games in the last few years because they were not sold out. When I looked at the black out maps I always seemed to be out side the blackout area, but I was always blacked out. My explanation was that there was a sliver of people who could still receive the signal in your area so we would have to black out all of TWC in the Utica area???. Now I cant watch the Bills this weekend because Fox has decided to show the Giants. So what, we are not blacked out and you still wont show the Bills.

I am really pissed.

Do a search to find which local pub has the NFL Ticket. Sorry man.

pmoon6
12-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Don't feel alone, "Confused" describes the majority of this board and that's being nice.

AlohaBill
12-14-2014, 07:26 AM

I am really pissed.

WSYT channel 8 on TWC shows they are carrying the Bills game.

Homegrown
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Don't feel alone, "Confused" describes the majority of this board and that's being nice.
Lol... That's one shot, one kill

Jeff1220
12-14-2014, 10:46 AM
I grew up in Utica/Rome. It's blacked out because the game is broadcast on a Syracuse station, which does fall within the blackout range.

Meathead
12-14-2014, 11:07 AM
i remember reading an old report that said out of the hundreds of thousands of square miles that make up the syracuse market there was literally 1/10th of a mile that the signal could technically reach into rochester so they get to black out the whole syracuse market as a result

that one stupid little technicality pissed me off so much that ive been a proponent of dumping the blackout rule ever since. just incredibly petty and greedy on the nfls part if you ask me