PDA

View Full Version : 9 - 7

swiper
12-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Despite a lousy line, not liking the QBs, an inept OC. And not being a huge fan of either the HC or the GM, the Bills will probably go 9-7. Gotta overlook a lot of that stuff.

I can't see Marrone or Whaley being replaced. And we all know Marrone will hold on to his boy Hackett.

Look at it this way... Crossman has turned it around from a year ago. Maybe Hackett will do that next year.

9 - 7. It's been so long.

imbondz
12-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Not a guarantee were winning next week but I agree overall

The Jokeman
12-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Despite a lousy line, not liking the QBs, an inept OC. And not being a huge fan of either the HC or the GM, the Bills will probably go 9-7. Gotta overlook a lot of that stuff.

I can't see Marrone or Whaley being replaced. And we all know Marrone will hold on to his boy Hackett.

Look at it this way... Crossman has turned it around from a year ago. Maybe Hackett will do that next year.

and why did Crossman turn it around? Was he a better coach? Nope we got better talent. Hopefully Whaley can maintain the talent base we have (see re-sign Hughes, Spikes, Searcy and Easly) and add some in the offseason (see let Spiller and Lee Smith walk for say a Jordan Cameron and a vet OG who can compete to start).

WagonCircler
12-14-2014, 06:20 PM

I'm on board. Like I said in my Mendoza Line post, 9-7 would mean they beat one of the 3 best teams in the NFL. And they did.

I think they'll crush Oakland.

YardRat
12-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Just beat Oakland and get to 9-6.

imbondz
12-14-2014, 06:23 PM
9-6 looks amazing it's been so f'in long.

I would just love going into the final game with a shot at the playoffs no matter how slim.

HHURRICANE
12-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Wow....the Bills have sucked for so long we are celebrating 9-7. ����

ublinkwescore
12-14-2014, 06:52 PM
screw that, we're going 10-6 :ninja: and ending *****boy brady's career.

djjimkelly
12-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow....the Bills have sucked for so long we are celebrating 9-7. ����

i dont think anyone is celebrating but i agree with swiper with this list of ineptitude we could have a chance vs the patriots in week 17

when was the last time we had a chance week 17 ? the bledsoe loss to the steelers backups?

psubills62
12-14-2014, 07:05 PM
8 months ago if I posted on this board that our best player (Alonso) wouldn't play a down all season and Manuel would be replaced after 4 games for a QB who wasn't even on the roster in TC, and that we'd lose Spiller for about half the season....I wonder what record people would have guessed?

Nobody's celebrating 9-7. The key is that the team appears to be improving and actually doing better than expected.

ublinkwescore
12-14-2014, 07:07 PM
if we win out from here, playoffs or not, Marrone should keep his job... Hackett, feel free to kick rocks you moron.

HHURRICANE
12-14-2014, 11:21 PM
About 90% of this board predicted 7-9 wins. We didn't promise the playoffs, management did.

I'm sorry but it's another loser season as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick of hearing about potential.

We squandered the Chiefs, Texans and other games that now have us on the outside looking in.

bleve
12-14-2014, 11:27 PM
It's mid December and we're talking playoffs instead of draft picks.

I like it.

swiper
12-15-2014, 04:04 AM
I guess that was the point of the first post. They did better than I expected (and with less). Yes they should have won those two games against KC and Miami after the bye. But they did a lot better than I expected. I enjoyed that Green Bay win so much. It's been so long.

Just wish they could score TDs in the red zone. Marrone has had the same issue now with both QBs running things.

Night Train
12-15-2014, 04:12 AM
There will be an enormous amount of pressure to fix the O this off-season, or ticket sales may hit a slight sluggish cycle. That means a new OC, another QB being added to the mix etc.

This top shelf D is being wasted if nothing changes.

Historian
12-15-2014, 04:51 AM
There will be an enormous amount of pressure to fix the O this off-season, or ticket sales may hit a slight sluggish cycle. That means a new OC, another QB being added to the mix etc.

This top shelf D is being wasted if nothing changes.

The Bills already have a gauge about next year: Most just applied the Jet refund to their season ticket accounts.

If Marrone dismisses Hackett he stays. This is the best this team has performed in 10 years.

If he pulls a Wade,and tries to keep the guy in another role, he made suffer the same fate.

I think it's pretty obvious what needs to happen in the off-season. These folks aren't stupid.

Night Train
12-15-2014, 05:31 AM
I think it's pretty obvious what needs to happen in the off-season. These folks aren't stupid.

We're talking the Bills. We have 50 + years embracing stupid.

Still, the new owner with piles of $$ means they could entice someone to run the O. Marrone/Whaley can't just put blinders on towards the struggling O.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-15-2014, 09:24 AM
The Bills, like so many bad teams, are hitting the bottleneck of QB quickly. Unfortunately, I do not see a solution in sight this off season. There is not even a Bledsoe available this off season.

If Whaley is still calling the shots this off season, which logically should be the case, I can see us going Steelers 90s route. Remember Cowher's early years - he had O'Donnell, Tomczak, and Kordell, making playoffs every year with their defense. The one thing they had at the time the Bills don't have now was a running game, with HOF Bettis leading the charger. Finding a RB is much easier than finding a QB and I have to think that is going to be the #1 priority on Whaley's list.

Eveutally, you are going to hit the bottleneck of QB (Rooneys, Cowher all admitted that they would not go further without hitting on Roethlisberger). So somewhere along the line, we have to get lucky on a QB pick ...

Meathead
12-15-2014, 09:34 AM
im gonna go with lead pipe to marcias knee in the conservatory