with two weeks to go, what do we need to happen to get in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

with two weeks to go, what do we need to happen to get in?

obviously we have to win to keep it going, but what are the scenarios we need to get in? very curious.
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: with two weeks to go, what do we need to happen to get in?

A Christmas miracle
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

San Diego and KC both have to lose at least one game.. Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have to lose there last 2 games games I think.. 3 out of those 4 things have to happen

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        A Christmas miracle
        lol

Comment

• K-Gun
          Deal with it
          • Jul 2003

Most likely way we make it, imo:

CIN losses out to DEN and @ PIT - CIN OUT at 9-6-1

KC loss to PIT or SD - KC OUT

SD loss to either @ SF or KC. - SD OUT

PIT wins division, BAL and BUF wild card.

Bills are in and play IND in 1st round.
          Last edited by K-Gun; 12-14-2014, 08:56 PM.
          [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Remaining schedules for the wild card contenders:

Cincy (9-4-1): vs. Denver, @ Pittsburgh
            Pittsburgh (9-5): vs. KC, vs. Cincy
            Baltimore (9-5): @ Houston, vs. Cleveland
            KC (8-6): @ Pittsburgh, vs. San Diego
            SD (8-6): @ SF, @ KC

Since H2H is the top tiebreaker, we're behind all these teams. If we win out, we'd need KC and SD both to lose at least one.

To me, I see Cincy losing out as the most likely. We may want to root for Pittsburgh to win out. That would give KC and Cincy each one more loss. SD would need to lose one of their last games, which seems possible with both being away.

Baltimore went 4-0 against the NFC too, so if they finished 10-6, we'd have the same conference record. Next tiebreaker is common games, minimum of four. They played Miami, Houston, Cleveland (x2), San Diego. We played Miami (x2), Cleveland, Houston, and San Diego. We are 2-3 against those, they are 2-1 with the two games left to play, so if they go 1-1 to have a final record of 10-6, they'd beat us in tiebreakers. But of course, if we're the 6th team into the playoffs, won't matter if they are 5th.

So I think Cincy losing out, Pittsburgh winning out, SD losing one, and us winning out is what is needed. The last one is the most unlikely of those, IMO, but if that happens, it's all possible. If Cincy wins one game, we need to hope that Pittsburgh loses out (they have 7 conference wins), KC loses to SD, but SD loses to SF. More specific rooting in that case. Again, Baltimore is one I'm not really addressing because 1) there's going to be a second WC team, 2) their remaining games aren't against any other WC competition. If we tie in record, Baltimore will have the tiebreaker against us.

That seems to be the breakdown, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of the points. We really screwed ourselves on tiebreakers this year. One game (e.g. KC) goes differently and we'd be in so much better position.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

The Bills need Jesus to come back to earth and play quarterback for them.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

SD and KC need to each lose one more game. They both have tough games this week and then they play each other in week 17. I think there's a decent chance both finish with at least 7 losses.

One of the three AFC North teams needs to lose their next two games. I think our best chance is Cincy losing to Denver next week and then at Pitt the following. We should be rooting for Pitt to beat KC next week and Cincy the week after to win the North.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  A Christmas miracle
                  I'm a Festivus guy myself, but point taken.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

my question is if there is any way we make it at 9-7, since unfortunately (as much as my fingers are bleeding typing this) we are going to lose again in foxboro.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't think that's totally unrealistic at all. Cincy could certain lose out to those 2 teams. KC can lose to SD and SD can lose to SF.

The hard part is us winning out.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                        I don't think that's totally unrealistic at all. Cincy could certain lose out to those 2 teams. KC can lose to SD and SD can lose to SF.

The Bills winning in NE is definitely the hardest part of any scenario.

At least if the Bills win next week in Oakland there's no way they can be eliminated, which would basically make the last game like a playoff game.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                          my question is if there is any way we make it at 9-7, since unfortunately (as much as my fingers are bleeding typing this) we are going to lose again in foxboro.
                          It's still possible to make it at 9-7, but they would need so many things to go their way that it's highly unlikely.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post

Get off the computer and get to running down the street in your birthday suit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              At least if the Bills win next week in Oakland there's no way they can be eliminated, which would basically make the last game like a playoff game.
                              It's been a long time since Week 17 is relevant to us. Was it the game when Bledsoe laid an egg to the Steelers 3rd stringers?

Comment

Working...
                              X