PDA

View Full Version : Rob Moore

justasportsfan
12-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Anyone have any opinions on how our receivers are doing this year compared to last year? :idunno:

I think our receivers regressed.

The Jokeman
12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Anyone have any opinions on how our receivers are doing this year compared to last year? :idunno:

I think our receivers regressed.

Let's look at the stats:

Last year our best WR from a stats point was SJ13 who had 52 catches for 597 yards (49.8 ypg) and 3 TDs, this year our leading receiver is Sammy Watkins who as a rookie has put up 59 catches for 850 yards(60.7 ypg) and 5 TDs.
Robert Woods was our second best WR both years and last year he had 40 catches for 587 yards (41.2 yards per game) and 3 TDs by contrast he has 54 catches for 608 yards (43.7 ypg) and 3 TDs.
TJ Graham had 23 yards for 361 yards (22.6 ypg) and 2 TDs compared to Chris Hogan's 37 catches for 380 yards (27.1 ypg) and 4 TDs.

So I would say if this season was over then I'd say we were marginally better but with two games left on the schedule I'd say it's more like slightly better. I don't blame Moore though as on the whole I think our WRs are average at best. Watkins has the chance to be above average and Robert Woods might progress next year in his 3rd year.

I would love to add a veteran to the mix who could be a guy to compete for the 3rd/4th spot as I'm not sold on Goodwin and Thigpen has shown he can be an above average return man prior to yesterday but has had issues holding onto the ball but hopefully that's behind him. One name I like is Nate Washington of the Titans who I don't think would break the bank. As for the season 38 yards 629 yards (44.9 ypg) and 2 TDs as a 3rd/2nd WR role. As to me the only guys at WR I like now are Watkins, Woods, Hogan (but not sold on him as a 3rd guy), Thigpen and Easley (UFA that I'd re-sign for ST). Or maybe we can look to add Kris Dunham and hope we can use his 6'6" as a red zone threat but this far in his career he hasn't materialized into one yet so doubtful he turns into one here.

BidsJr
12-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Let's look at the Quarterbacks.

They stink.

Manning would put Woods and Watkins in the pro bowl.

swiper
12-15-2014, 06:33 PM
How can you be sold or not sold on Goodwin? It doesn't even feel like they've used him.

The Jokeman
12-15-2014, 09:56 PM
How can you be sold or not sold on Goodwin? It doesn't even feel like they've used him.

If he was a player he'd find himself on the field more. IMHO.

swiper
12-16-2014, 04:26 AM
In the limited look he's had - he looked pretty good. It seems more the Bills don't have a QB to get him the ball on the fly.

DraftBoy
12-16-2014, 05:26 AM
I think Robert Woods has grown under Moore. Too early to say much about Watkins other than the fact that he has special potential. I do wish he could do something to teach Chris Hogan how to run his route all the way to the first down marker but nobody is perfect.

YardRat
12-16-2014, 05:49 AM
I think Robert Woods has grown under Moore. Too early to say much about Watkins other than the fact that he has special potential. I do wish he could do something to teach Chris Hogan how to run his route all the way to the first down marker but nobody is perfect.

I have a hard time believing that isn't a function of play design, and not execution. If Hogan were consistently running routes shorter than intended, one would think he would grade poorly enough that the coaches would want to get somebody in there that could do it 'right'.